Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

CNC metal bodies, rails, for CTW - what would fit?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Konbini

Private
Private

Hey guys, I'm new here to CTW forum - this is my first post. I'm thinking of adding an aftermarket metal body but am not sure what exactly would be a perfect fit.

Would aftermarket bodies made for the systema ptw be a perfect sub? Some feedback from AsiaRsoft suggests there may be some differences, but would like to know what the users here think.

some brands i can think of, G&P, EA, PGC.

Additionally, other than real steel parts, what are some airsoft brand rails that would actually fit on the ctw?

Thanks!

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

If you have an mx2 no aftermarket bodies will work as the cylinders are supposbly larger than systema or previous celcius models. If you have a model its christmas for you but those models have issues.

As far as rails I have the utg m4 rail system but I'm unsure if regular airsoft rails will fit it. I'm sure odin knows

Odin

Major
Major

blindmank13 wrote:If you have an mx2 no aftermarket bodies will work as the cylinders are supposbly larger than systema or previous celcius models. If you have a model its christmas for you but those models have issues.

As far as rails I have the utg m4 rail system but I'm unsure if regular airsoft rails will fit it. I'm sure odin knows

True enough,the new cylinders are bigger,but there isnt THAT big of a difference..so an aftermarket body can fit if you sand it here and there. But this i can confirm for you in about 2weeks if you can wait that long. Cause i have ordered a G&P bodykit for my CTW. I know magpul receiver fits as one on the forum with the mx2 has it on his. So that should work.

As far as rails, utg fits,Noveske rail system fits like a glove and looks awesome.(both Madbull and the Element copies,i bought element myself cause its identical to madbull but cost half as much)

What other rail system are you looking for? I can`t remember my buds 9" inch system name..but that fits aswell. Im taking pictures later today of the gun and posting. So you can see how the rail looks then.

Konbini

Private
Private

I am definitely looking forward to your results. And yes, it is the mx2.
Would be nice if someone puts out ctw dedicated bodies =D

Odin, you mean the Madbull noveske rail? No conversions, custom made barrel nuts or anything? wow

Just in terms of looks/function, Troy TRX Extreme 9", Larue 9", noveske (now that you mention it), and perhaps, daniel defense ris II.

.. yeah.. lots of choices. any pointers as to which would be more comfortable to hold/grab in general. I would prefer free float.

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

I like my utg. It comes with rail covers very comfortable

Odin

Major
Major

Konbini wrote:I am definitely looking forward to your results. And yes, it is the mx2.
Would be nice if someone puts out ctw dedicated bodies =D

Odin, you mean the Madbull noveske rail? No conversions, custom made barrel nuts or anything? wow

Just in terms of looks/function, Troy TRX Extreme 9", Larue 9", noveske (now that you mention it), and perhaps, daniel defense ris II.

.. yeah.. lots of choices. any pointers as to which would be more comfortable to hold/grab in general. I would prefer free float.

Troy TRX extreme 9" fits, Larue also should fit, Noveske rails fits like a glove.. have myself. I love the "tightness" of the Noveske,really comfortable to use.. no wobble or anything. The UTG 7" is also very nice, no wobble at all... But blindmank13 can confirm that even better than me. Im gonna post some pictures of my CTW`s current setup now.

Konbini

Private
Private

Sweet, thanks guys!

I'll have a look into the utg, haven't considered that one before. I just need something that free floats, is comfortable for smaller grips (I have small hands for a guy) and doesn't weigh a ton.

Will look forward to the pics.

Odin

Major
Major

Konbini wrote:Sweet, thanks guys!

I'll have a look into the utg, haven't considered that one before. I just need something that free floats, is comfortable for smaller grips (I have small hands for a guy) and doesn't weigh a ton.

Will look forward to the pics.

The Noveske rail isnt bigger than the UTG, just for your info. Smile I always use a vertical grip anyways.. or a magwell grip. So size of the diameter really ins`t a concern of mine! pictures should be up soon. Smile

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

The utg isn't a free float but isn't not a free float its wierd. I like it. Caause its the mix of box and doesn't move once on. Alittle pain to get on alittle but works great and comes with grips and is prob the cheapest option you choosei

Zander

Zander
Corporal
Corporal

I purchased a DD MK18II 7" rail from t-tiger on AirsoftForum and the thread diameter was the correct size however the pitch was off and wouldnt fit more than a few rotations FYI. Not sure how the Madbull or Socom Gear DD rails are on CTW's.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum