Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

How well does this gun reliability stack up to a KWA?

+2
Odin
dkorol2008
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dkorol2008

dkorol2008
Corporal
Corporal

I understand that mechanically the 2 guns are different, but which gun would you end up breaking faster?

A KWA gun or a CTW gun (keeping everything maintained,cleaned,and properly operated)

Whats the most games you can get out of a gun like this compared to a KWA Aeg type before something craps out?

https://www.youtube.com/coolstuffreviews

Odin

Major
Major

dkorol2008 wrote:I understand that mechanically the 2 guns are different, but which gun would you end up breaking faster?

A KWA gun or a CTW gun (keeping everything maintained,cleaned,and properly operated)

Whats the most games you can get out of a gun like this compared to a KWA Aeg type before something craps out?

I would say equal amount or more with the CTW. But then again, i have little experience with KWA other than it`s suppose to be a good brand. Smile

ultimatefighter

Private
Private

My brother and I both own ctws and KWAs and the KWAs are MUCH more reliable. No competition lol.

http://www.one9alliance.com/

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Wait fighter if I'm not mistaken didn't you post about all these problems yet odin and I kinda stremlined it to you had an xmax not mx2 so yea if that's the case your right but the mx2 is a huge upgrade from the xmax and the second gen mx2 are even better. Kwas are great I can't fight that but the mx2 is amazing. It all comes down to how much you want to spend in the long run. Cause yea all parts and mags are chepaer for kwa but a pain to do yourself. The ctws parts and mags are more exspensive but easier to fix yourself.

dkorol2008

dkorol2008
Corporal
Corporal

blindmank13 wrote:Wait fighter if I'm not mistaken didn't you post about all these problems yet odin and I kinda stremlined it to you had an xmax not mx2 so yea if that's the case your right but the mx2 is a huge upgrade from the xmax and the second gen mx2 are even better. Kwas are great I can't fight that but the mx2 is amazing. It all comes down to how much you want to spend in the long run. Cause yea all parts and mags are chepaer for kwa but a pain to do yourself. The ctws parts and mags are more exspensive but easier to fix yourself.

Yea, if thats the case, then good point

https://www.youtube.com/coolstuffreviews

Zander

Zander
Corporal
Corporal

I have a KWA and I have a CTW. Hands down the CTW is better. Look at every high end airsoft player, there is a reason why they are all running PTW/CTW's. It's not just so they can be part of some super secret club (although some PTW owners may think that!). Trigger response. Once you fire a CTW, AEG's feel like an eternity when you pull the trigger and the round fires.

Yes the KWA is more reliable. The age old comparison is AEG's and PTW's to cars. One end is a reliable sedan, the other a Ferrari. Two completely different systems and setups. The sedan is great for everyday use and will last for a really long time stock but lacks the "speed, response and handling" of the Ferrari. On the other hand, the Ferrari is expensive and needs to be maintained. It can push the performance limits when done properly, but driving a 150mph all the time will eventually cause it to break down.

Just my opinion. Ive had far more problems with my AEG's (KWA, CA, TM, SRC)and shitty mags. I will never go back to an AEG primary. CTW, GBB and HPA guns from here on out.

Para

Corporal
Corporal

Up until 1 month ago, when I received the CTW MX2, I've been a happy KWA user.
Got a 2nd gen KM4-RIS for $325, stripped some gears in cold weater, put $100 into a full-helical systema gearset to solve the problem, went to a longer tightbore for range and precision, had to get a dummy silencer to accomodate it, then a full-cylinder and irregular spring for feeling, then a turbo motor to get back some trigger response, then braking mosfet for the play-style and I ended up with a $700 replica not counting the external furniture. And I can't kneel with it hanging from the sling, because the silencer will dig in the dirt.
The CTW, externals aside, is "off the box". I don't have the feeling it's broken-in, yet. I've polished the inner barrel a bit and ordered a spare $16 sleeve, because I think some 1000-grit sandpaper will work some miracles there, but wouldn't risk the original without a ready spare. Then there's the issue of BBs. Because of the 6.00 barrel, you have to use only the best brands, like KSC or TM, otherwise you'll get jams and possibly gear damage. The KWA on the other hand, even with a 6.03 tightbore will happily shoot any kind of china-shit plastic balls.
Trigger-response notwithstanding, both will have the same precision upto 150 ft (50 m) on semi. Going to 200 ft, the modded KWA gets an edge, prolly due to the longer barrel. In burst or full-auto mode, the CTW wins hands-down with a lot less spred then the KWA.
Off the box the Celcius beats KWA, if you use best quality BBs. Upgrade-wise, until the Celcius M16 parts become available and we get a long-barrel choice, the KWA SR-series seem more attractive. Game-wise, you're a lot better off with a Celcius or Systema then any other ChinAeg.

http://www.gunsmith.ro

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum