Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blowing fuses

+2
blindmank13
xxblazeshadowxx
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blowing fuses Empty Blowing fuses Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:07 am

xxblazeshadowxx

Recruit
Recruit

I am new to the CTW world and i just purchased a used CTW and the guy i bought it from blew the motor so i replaced the motor and now the second i pull the trigger it blows its fuse. Help please

2Blowing fuses Empty Re: Blowing fuses Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:48 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

We all will help you just need a tad bit more information. Like model aka xmax, mx2.

Also check all the wiring if you can and make sure that all of the wires are in good shape aka no tears in the rubber protective coating etc. Could be a short. I can only guess by the motor blowing and fuse problems that's the most common issue on an xmax and if so your best bet is to change the electronics to the mx2 ones there a lot better and less issues.

3Blowing fuses Empty Re: Blowing fuses Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:57 pm

xxblazeshadowxx

Recruit
Recruit

blindmank13 wrote:We all will help you just need a tad bit more information. Like model aka xmax, mx2.

Also check all the wiring if you can and make sure that all of the wires are in good shape aka no tears in the rubber protective coating etc. Could be a short. I can only guess by the motor blowing and fuse problems that's the most common issue on an xmax and if so your best bet is to change the electronics to the mx2 ones there a lot better and less issues.

I dont know the exact model i know it was manufactured in 2009 but it has the 2010 ecu at least thats what i was told by the guy i bought it from all the wiring seems to be in good shape, at least all that i can see. im a little hesitant to take it apart until i understand it more.

4Blowing fuses Empty Re: Blowing fuses Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:41 pm

dkorol2008

dkorol2008
Corporal
Corporal

xxblazeshadowxx wrote:
blindmank13 wrote:We all will help you just need a tad bit more information. Like model aka xmax, mx2.

I dont know the exact model i know it was manufactured in 2009 but it has the 2010 ecu at least thats what i was told by the guy i bought it from all the wiring seems to be in good shape, at least all that i can see. im a little hesitant to take it apart until i understand it more.

Yea your a bit screwed. Its an Xmax. Loaded with problems, was their first batch release.

https://www.youtube.com/coolstuffreviews

5Blowing fuses Empty Re: Blowing fuses Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:01 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

He's not screwed just hope you didn't spend too much buying it from that person. Just to be safe. Buy a new ecu and a new mosfet. Now you have the 2010 mx2 internals cause the guy most likely lied. If you want to spend alittle money to be compatibale with all mx2 stuff I'm going to be selling my upper in the next few weeks for not that much if your interested. Then you can use the new better cylinders. Your in no way screwed just going to have to do alittle work is all. Have faith

6Blowing fuses Empty Re: Blowing fuses Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Zander

Zander
Corporal
Corporal

dkorol2008 wrote:
xxblazeshadowxx wrote:

Yea your a bit screwed. Its an Xmax. Loaded with problems, was their first batch release.

Dude you need to slow your role around here. If you dont have a CTW then how do you know hes screwed? Just because you read it on the internet doesnt mean that its true or make you an expert on the fact.

7Blowing fuses Empty Re: Blowing fuses Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:29 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Are you talking about me?

8Blowing fuses Empty Re: Blowing fuses Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Odin

Major
Major

No, i think he mean dkorol.. i wouldn`t buy a new ECU yet.. but i would look at the wiring, the wiring on the 2009 early 2010 ECU has very thin wires.. and try putting in a battery which has under 9volts.. if the gun don`t fire and the light is blinking you have the new ECU. If it fires, it`s the old ECU.

9Blowing fuses Empty Re: Blowing fuses Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:12 am

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

Check the wires running from the buffer tube into the lower receiver. The edges of the channel cut into the lower are not chamfered and can chafe the wire jackets off the thin wires causing a short. I made a jacket out of silicon aquarium tubing cut lengthwise to protect my wires.

Blowing fuses IMG_4154

and dkorol2008 STHU about being screwed with an XMAX I've put thousands of rounds through mine since last year.

Last edited by boss on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:13 am; edited 2 times in total

10Blowing fuses Empty Re: Blowing fuses Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:57 pm

dkorol2008

dkorol2008
Corporal
Corporal

boss wrote:Check the wires running from the buffer tube into the lower receiver. The edges of the channel cut into the lower are not chamfered and can chafe the wire jackets off the thin wires causing a short. I made a jacket out of silicon aquarium tubing cut lengthwise to protect my wires.

Blowing fuses IMG_4154

and dkorol2008 STHU about being screwed with an XMAX I've put thousands of rounds through mine since last year.

OK sorry, just read they were plagued.

11Blowing fuses Empty Re: Blowing fuses Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Zander

Zander
Corporal
Corporal

dkorol2008 wrote:OK sorry, just read they were plagued.

I also read that 9/11 was a conspiracy. Please have some kind of information/personal experience to back up slandering posts like that. Otherwise people who come here looking for information will see your misinformed posts and be quick to judge also. Otherwise feel free to ask us about anything and contribute in the right way.

12Blowing fuses Empty Re: Blowing fuses Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:28 pm

dkorol2008

dkorol2008
Corporal
Corporal

Zander wrote:
dkorol2008 wrote:OK sorry, just read they were plagued.

I also read that 9/11 was a conspiracy. Please have some kind of information/personal experience to back up slandering posts like that. Otherwise people who come here looking for information will see your misinformed posts and be quick to judge also. Otherwise feel free to ask us about anything and contribute in the right way.
Clearly u just keep on nagging this out point made , got it? Don't have to prolong this

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum