Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

My US CTW MX2

+4
snakedoc
jzb7
Odin
blindmank13
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My US CTW MX2 Empty My US CTW MX2 Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:47 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Heres My 2010 CTW MX2 Version 2 (April) from Hot Spot Airsoft.
Long awaiting the gun I had tons of parts awaiting the gun. Heres a List of the parts on the gun and pictures:

List Of Goodies:
10 Celcius Mags (3 Highspeed, 7 High Cap converted to highspeed)
CS400 Cylinder
CS350 Cylinder
JG Golden Eagle High Torque Motor
Deans Plugs Conversion
11.1V 20C 1200MAH, 2400MAH, 5000MAH Batteries
Magpul CTR Commercial Stock
Mapul Trigger Guard
Sight Riser
G&P Sling Adapter
UTG Rail System
M900AB Foregrip Torch
Element 2 Tone Gas Block
G&G Aimpoint Sight
Aimpoint Magnifier
Battery Bag

More goodies to Come pictures updated as more arrives

Heres the pictures Currently:
My US CTW MX2 Img-2021
My US CTW MX2 Img-2020

2My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:00 am

Odin

Major
Major

Dude, that thing looks really really COOL! Congrats on finally reciving you CTW bro,may bring you lots of fun! Smile

3My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:24 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Thanks, I just can't wait till the other goodies for it show up. Debating on getting a new lower as I busted a piece in the trigger guard on the lower itself

4My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:21 am

jzb7

Private
Private

Very nice!!! Good job. I can hardly wait for the next batch of CTWs to come in. Is yours super accurate like what they show in some of Celcius' videos?

5My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:34 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

The accuracy is superb. Range is good. I thought would be better but still good. Have a few small issues with it at the moment but should be fixed quickly.

6My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:36 am

Odin

Major
Major

blindmank13 wrote:The accuracy is superb. Range is good. I thought would be better but still good. Have a few small issues with it at the moment but should be fixed quickly.

Im doing a hopup mod soon.. been planning it a while.but never got around to do it..but this weekend im gonna disassemble my CTW and prep it for paint and such.. so might start to make some trials and error now. Have you cleaned the barrel yet btw?

7My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:54 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Just silicon oiled it up. I got bigger issues at hand lol. I'm poppping fuses every so often and then sometimes its doing a like three round burst on semi and auto. Its really wierd. Gonna play at a game this sunday and if no issues than yay but if not hotspot said they'd look at it.

8My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:58 am

Odin

Major
Major

blindmank13 wrote:Just silicon oiled it up. I got bigger issues at hand lol. I'm poppping fuses every so often and then sometimes its doing a like three round burst on semi and auto. Its really wierd. Gonna play at a game this sunday and if no issues than yay but if not hotspot said they'd look at it.

Hm..that is weird, check all the sensors and stuff. To see that everything is really clean and so on. :/

9My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:46 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Just went out and bought a bunch of fuses. Put it in. Moved the sector gear and fired. Then put a few bbs in a mag and fired semi then full then semi. No issues no fuses blown. Motor got warm but claudio said these motors due. So at the moment all issues are non exsistent. I just did a like extra hard stress test and it had a hickup I'm guessing. Hopefully no issues come back. But so far so good. Yea odin after I went and lubed the barrel I did notice the range increased a tad which was nice. Dumb me forgot to do that. Thanks for the reminder. I'm getting a good nice 150 to 200 ft or so now. i

10My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Odin

Major
Major

blindmank13 wrote:Just went out and bought a bunch of fuses. Put it in. Moved the sector gear and fired. Then put a few bbs in a mag and fired semi then full then semi. No issues no fuses blown. Motor got warm but claudio said these motors due. So at the moment all issues are non exsistent. I just did a like extra hard stress test and it had a hickup I'm guessing. Hopefully no issues come back. But so far so good. Yea odin after I went and lubed the barrel I did notice the range increased a tad which was nice. Dumb me forgot to do that. Thanks for the reminder. I'm getting a good nice 150 to 200 ft or so now. i

Probably just a hickup since its brand new. Smile You got the new cylinder now right? Cause my two teammates had the clickball screw losen last match,which made it not able to fire.. so if you got the old sylinder i would loctight the screw on the piston assembly. And clean the barrel good my friend.. it doesnt look very dirty,but when you start to clean it good you will notice a difference. lol Very Happy Im excited to hear how it worked for you in your next game. Gonna post some new pictures of mine tomorrow, getting closer to getting done now.

11My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:40 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Thanks. Can't wait to see how yours is coming along. I can't wait for the other things to show up. Not sure about if I'm gonna order the one thing now that I got the gun but I'm sure one piece I'm getting a lot of people on here will like as its up a lot of peoples allys ( hopefully that's not just a us expression lol)

12My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:51 pm

Odin

Major
Major

LoL, i understand what you mean bro! Wink Btw.. the 12.6" Noveske rail looks BADASS.. and didn`t actually add much more weight then the 7.25" Noveske rail had. Smile Haven`t gotten my scope mounts yet og my bipod.. so its in Assualt config as it looks now.. gonna take pictures tomorrow. Then decide if im gonna spray it or not..lol.

13My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:53 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Gotcha. I'm not getting a noveske rail but something close to it that I like and I'm sure many of you will enjoy but I'm not getting the long rail regular length rail

14My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:41 pm

snakedoc

Private
Private

Looks great! Can't wait until I get mine. How do you like the G&P Aimpoint? Can the dot be seen in sunny environments? Keep up the good work.

15My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:30 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Thank you. The g p aimpoint is great yes the redot can be changed for how bright the dot is which makes it visible in all lighting conditions. I'd also say get a maginfier you can remove as I did also helped a bit. I've been having stupid issues with my ceclius I'm fixing now some due to my own but some due to celcius speeding out the guns or something. But I plan on buying another mx2 prob a cqb and making it my "frankstein" using different parts making it a beast externally and internally. This m4 is probrably going to stay how it is minus the fixing etc

16My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:25 pm

crow8888

Recruit
Recruit

I noticed you had said you have a 5000 mah 11.1 v lipo battery.

1.Have you had any issues blowing fuses when using that battery?
2.What is the c rating on that 5kmah lipo?

Id like to get a larger capacity, but had not heard of anyone using anything over the 11.1v 2400 20c pack...

17My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:02 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

All my batteries are 11.1V 20c just different capacities. Lol and no I don't blow fuses from that battery and you wouldn't. Your sending the same current as the other batteries at the same discharge rate as well. The only difference is the battery has a larger capacity is all

18My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:48 am

crow8888

Recruit
Recruit

One of the workers at a supplier had stated the fuse would blow with higher amp packs. I told him it shouldn't matter, he said fine go and do what you want but that it could blow your 150 dollar circuitboard.... that's the reason for my initial question.

however, I am new to using lipos and don't understand the c rating fully. What would happen if you used a 11.1v, 5000mah with say 30 or 40 c? Why is 20c the max...

19My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:18 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

The c is the discharge rate. I'm not 100 percent but I believe its like 20amp discharge maybe. I wouldn't go over 20c. I have not blown fuses. I feel ya I'm not a genius on lipos either but the mah is the capacity on nimh should be the same on lipos. Which mah is how much juice is in the battery

20My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Mon May 23, 2011 5:21 am

BlueLight

Recruit
Recruit

c = capacity

1200mah and 20c mean that the maximal current thant can be draw from battery in good working condition is 20x1.2A = 24A.

Why so big?
The startup current for a electric engine is way bigger that the normal working one.

Also the good lipos have different (bigger) discharg rate for burst (by example using the gun on semi).

Exceeding the discharge rate for the battery is reducing his life (you can think this a short-circuit for a short time). You may not know what is the peak current rate so, if you can choose between a 15c and 20c battery, choose the 20c.

Also for charging LiPo is recommended to do not exceed 1C, in this case for a 1200mAh battery should be max. 1.2A.

21My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Mon May 23, 2011 7:12 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Everything on that battery is the same as the celcius minus its a 5000mah.

22My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Mon May 23, 2011 10:16 pm

synful

Private
Private

20c dumps blow fuses i know because i had the same issue either put bigger fuses in it or drop down to a 15c dump. i ended up getting a 15c dump and now its flawless.

23My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Tue May 24, 2011 5:02 am

Para

Corporal
Corporal

A 20c 1200 mAh battery means a maximum sustained current of 24 amps, way below the 30 amps fuse. On the other hand, a 20c 5000 mAh would allow for 100 amps.

Now, starting an AEG motor means a 150-180 A current spike, for a few miliseconds, then the current plateaus below 15 A. Someone made some oscilloscope screenshots with a high-torque motor on a DMR setup, but can't find them now.

Anyway, the limiting factor is the current running through the motor coils, and that is below the 30A the fuse can handle, and not the max battery output.

http://www.gunsmith.ro

24My US CTW MX2 Empty Re: My US CTW MX2 Tue May 24, 2011 7:10 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Ok everyone keeps questions this battery so here is all the info right off the battery ( and no I never blew a fuse)

Charge rate: 1C (5.0A)
Continous discharge: 20C (108A)
Min discharge volts per pack: 9.0V
Max burst rate: 20C (100A)
Max volts per cell: 4.2V
Max volts per pack: 12.6V
Watt hours: 55.5

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum