Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

My CTW MX 2 is whining?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My CTW MX 2 is whining? Empty My CTW MX 2 is whining? Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:10 pm

nickeidorff

Private
Private

Hey.
I know that a PTW whines but does your CTW MX2 also whine?

Just got mine today and was surpriced to hear tha sound/noise.

Nick.

2My CTW MX 2 is whining? Empty Re: My CTW MX 2 is whining? Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:14 pm

dkorol2008

dkorol2008
Corporal
Corporal

nickeidorff wrote:Hey.
I know that a PTW whines but does your CTW MX2 also whine?

Just got mine today and was surpriced to hear tha sound/noise.

Nick.

Jesus, your the 2nd person with something not right with the CTW. Hopefully not everyone got a bad batch lol!

https://www.youtube.com/coolstuffreviews

3My CTW MX 2 is whining? Empty Re: My CTW MX 2 is whining? Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:59 pm

Odin

Major
Major

Define "whine" ... the motor on the CTW/PTW is not like an AEG motor, it has a very uniqe sound. Perhaps kinda like whining, so i think you are good! If you are unsure.. make a video and post it on youtube for us to see and decide.

4My CTW MX 2 is whining? Empty Re: My CTW MX 2 is whining? Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:00 am

Para

Corporal
Corporal

Check the motor adjustment screw on the bottom plate of the pistol grip. Mine was missing when the CTW arrived, as was the ball inside.

I scrounged the ball (Celcius website says 2.97mm dia, I put a 3mm) from a bycicle ball bearing and the screw from the kitchen water-tap. It's the one holding the actuator, hidden behind the blue/red plastic cap.
You'll find it in hardware stores, of course, it's M4 x 6mm inbus design. I think it's also used to hold door-knobs and handles in place.

http://www.gunsmith.ro

5My CTW MX 2 is whining? Empty Re: My CTW MX 2 is whining? Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:44 am

nickeidorff

Private
Private

Im sure it ok and good to go. But yes compared to my regular aeg it is a bit whining.

6My CTW MX 2 is whining? Empty Re: My CTW MX 2 is whining? Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:00 am

Odin

Major
Major

Para wrote:Check the motor adjustment screw on the bottom plate of the pistol grip. Mine was missing when the CTW arrived, as was the ball inside.

I scrounged the ball (Celcius website says 2.97mm dia, I put a 3mm) from a bycicle ball bearing and the screw from the kitchen water-tap. It's the one holding the actuator, hidden behind the blue/red plastic cap.
You'll find it in hardware stores, of course, it's M4 x 6mm inbus design. I think it's also used to hold door-knobs and handles in place.

There is no screw in the motorplate cause its not needed.. the motor is adjusted from factory...

7My CTW MX 2 is whining? Empty Re: My CTW MX 2 is whining? Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:01 am

Odin

Major
Major

nickeidorff wrote:Im sure it ok and good to go. But yes compared to my regular aeg it is a bit whining.

Mine is screaming high pitched compared to a regular AEG.. so it`s completely normal, a friend who owns a PTW has the same sound in his motor. Nothing to worry about. Smile

8My CTW MX 2 is whining? Empty Re: My CTW MX 2 is whining? Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Doombot

Recruit
Recruit

Just got my MX2 in the mail and also noticed the whining, though only on full-auto beyond the first 3-5 bbs. Beyond that, doesn't seem to have any issues.

9My CTW MX 2 is whining? Empty Re: My CTW MX 2 is whining? Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:48 pm

Para

Corporal
Corporal

Odin wrote:There is no screw in the motorplate cause its not needed.. the motor is adjusted from factory...

Experienced the Systema motor bug. Had to Tackleberrize the rotor ( solder the wires where they meet the contact plates with the brushes ). My motor has 1 spacer on top and 4 spacers on bottom, but still there's 1mm of free rotor movement. The ball/screw combo changes the whine a bit.

http://www.gunsmith.ro

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum