Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dead CTW MX2.

+6
boss
samson
Landy
Zander
thekiller
nickeidorff
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dead CTW MX2. Empty Dead CTW MX2. Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:58 pm

nickeidorff

Private
Private

Hi Today it is my turn to have a gun go down.

I was about to test fire it before the weekend games. And connected the batteri, And nothing happens no blue light no nothing. I'm like what, it worked flawlessly yesterday!
But today nothing.
Do anyone have a clu to what it might be?

Batteri used firefox 11,1 2300 mah. With 350 cylinder.

2Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:26 pm

thekiller

Private
Private

Hi.
Check the fuse..

3Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:31 pm

nickeidorff

Private
Private

It was the fuse I think.

I dont have a spare fuse lying around. Therefore i can not test if anything else is wrong.

4Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Zander

Zander
Corporal
Corporal

Try switching the selector switch with the upper receiver open. Sometimes mine does this as well. It might be a dirty sensor or something. Just make sure the gears are aligned when you put it back together.

5Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:24 pm

nickeidorff

Private
Private

Okay just got a new fuse and replaced the old one.
But i then notice that after a short FA burst the led starts blinking? id that normal?

6Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:05 pm

thekiller

Private
Private

You have your battery charged??

7Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:47 pm

nickeidorff

Private
Private

Yes just took it out from the charger.

8Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Landy

Private
Private

you better try another battery!!

9Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:29 pm

nickeidorff

Private
Private

Okay but it brand new...

10Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:28 am

samson

samson
Private
Private

If the Led is blinking and the fuse goes out then you could have a short circuit somewhere. Check the wires at the motor, they get pushed too tight sometimes.
Or else use a multimeter to find the short circuit.

I had the same simpthoms on mine.

http://www.airsoftclub.lv

11Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:30 am

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

• check the fuse
• check the wires from the MOSFET in the buffer tube tot he main body of the gun. the wires can chafe
• check the wires from the ECU to the select fire board they can become detached
• you do NOT have to align the gears (this is not a V2 V3 gearbox) eye sensors on the ECU do that for you

12Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:50 pm

nickeidorff

Private
Private

okay did as you all suggested and thank for the advice.

But the sound it makes. It drives me crazy. So next question?
Has anyone tried to shim the gear and motor alignment for a better sound?

Because the all helical gears can be as quiet as regular gears in an AEG and it must be possible to reduce the sound?

13Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:08 pm

samson

samson
Private
Private

Yes, did some shimming for PTW gearbox and it worked well, improved a bit.
What I think is you could check the motor screw on the handgrip plate. Then you can adjust the depth of motor into gearbox.

Although it is not clear if you solved the fuse and blinking led problem?

http://www.airsoftclub.lv

14Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:40 pm

nickeidorff

Private
Private

I believe I've fixed it it worked proberly all sunday for a 6 hour game day.

But I dont have a motor ajustment screw in the pistolgrib plate?

15Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:17 pm

Odin

Major
Major

nickeidorff wrote:I believe I've fixed it it worked proberly all sunday for a 6 hour game day.

But I dont have a motor ajustment screw in the pistolgrib plate?

Search button.. people have a hard time using that one. Anyways.. good thing you made it work,the motor adjustment screw isnt there because it comes pre adjusted from celcius, just like the new ptw are. So you cant adjust it yourself anymore. i have heard about people modding it so you can adjust it though.,but i don`t know how they do it.

16Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:26 am

nickeidorff

Private
Private

Odin wrote: i have heard about people modding it so you can adjust it though.,but i don`t know how they do it.

Well what hell it cant be that hard to mod... and what is the worst thing that can happen?

Becouse if it shimmen from the factory it must be possible to switch them around for better sound.

Anyways I will look in to it and I will try to keep you up to date.

17Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:15 am

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

accordin to tack, the ptw doesnt need shimming; so are you sure that ctw (that is supposed to be a ptw clone - more or less) can/should be shimmed?

Tackleberry wrote:The PTW gearbox never needs to be shimmed. It is built in a very precise and specific way.

There are a couple of shims on the Bevel Gear and thats it. They are an exact size and specification and should never be touched or messed around with as they set the exact positon of the Bevel Gear in relation to the rest of the gear train.

The PTW's gearbox is built in such a way that shimming is never necessary.

Over the years I've have seen and serviced 100's of them and never had any reason or course to change or re-shim them.

So the best advise is don't mess with it....!

original source

18Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:29 am

nickeidorff

Private
Private

Only the motor needs to be shimmed. Not touching the gears and the only gear that can be shimmed is the bevel.

So as Dr. tackelberry also stated the motor can be modded to be ajusteble. He even made a guide to improve the sound.

19Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:03 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Its more than likely that they motor gear is pushed up higher making a more crisp sound. But that's not always good. Some mods are always better guys. It should be a snug fit not tight.

20Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:15 pm

nickeidorff

Private
Private

OKay I may have found the course to the whining.
The pinion gear had a tooth that came of by the impact from me laying the motor om the table so now i need a pinion gear...

21Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:03 am

Para

Corporal
Corporal

If that freshly charged battery / blinking led happens again, don't worry too much. Any LiPo that you just unplugged from the charger has a larger internal resistance and it confuses the ECU into thinking it's drained.

It's always advisable to let the LiPo rest for an hour or so after charging it, so the internal chemistry relaxes to normal working state.

As for motor adjust mod, you need a 3mm dia bearing ball and an M4x6 inbus screw - found usually keeping door-knobs in place. Cool You'd only need to drop the ball through the central hole in your motor plate and add the screw afterwards. Keep in mind that unlike TM-style regular ChinAEG's, with PTWs and CTWs you don't move the whole motor inside the pistol grip, but rather only the motor-shaft inside the motor shell. My motor shaft had roughly 1mm of play, so it was only a quarter of turn from the moment the screw/ball/rotor were in contact to achieve a crisp sound. Over-tightening will result in higher friction on the motor shims and probably worsen the feeling in time.

http://www.gunsmith.ro

22Dead CTW MX2. Empty Re: Dead CTW MX2. Mon May 02, 2011 5:53 am

nickeidorff

Private
Private

Okay Guys I just recieved my new pinion gear from asiaRsoft. And installed it.
And it still was very whiny. So i pressed the pinion gear 1/3-1/4 of a mm further down the shaft.
and it has a very crisp sound allmost silent compared to my regular AEG.

A quick fix to a common question.

Lossen the screw, press, tighten the screw again, done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum