Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

interchangable parts

+3
papoose42
blindmank13
Incident
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1interchangable parts Empty interchangable parts Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Incident

Recruit
Recruit

im curious, as ive been reading it seems like as the years of the CTW go by, they become less ptw compatible.. is that just the mx2 being incompatible with the PTW cylinders? if that is the case. could one get a ptw upper and use ptw cylinders ?.. im really trying to weigh the pros and cons of the two.. im considering buying a ctw and as parts fail, replacing them with the ptw counterpart.

2interchangable parts Empty Re: interchangable parts Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:26 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

To use systema cylinders on an mx2 you will need a ptw upper reciever, a ptw cylinder, and a ptw hopup. I have both and I tested it out and those are the parts you need to have it running.

3interchangable parts Empty Re: interchangable parts Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:35 am

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant

cut your losses and pick up a ptw i thought about that too replacing all my parts that would go with ptw parts but then i was like it would cost a small fortune and i could get a ptw anyway

4interchangable parts Empty Re: interchangable parts Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:42 pm

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

what is the difference between ctw and ptw cylinders?

5interchangable parts Empty Re: interchangable parts Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Robin040

Robin040
Private
Private

6interchangable parts Empty Re: interchangable parts Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Incident

Recruit
Recruit

im still having a rather painful internal debate. i want a PTW but im having issues justifying spending that kind of money on one.. if on a scale of 1-10 a PTW was a 10.. where would you all put the CTW?.. is a CTW a safe bet if youre living near a repair depot?

7interchangable parts Empty Re: interchangable parts Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:18 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Personal expierience a ptw is a 12 no lie. My ctw personally is a 2. The upper and lower metal is made of crap. What they thought of doing is a great idea but what came from it is horrid. Its a real big wager if you'll get a good or a bad one. Once mine gets back I'm either getting rid of it or it will be a shelf toy as I wouldn't put one piece from a ctw in my ptw. The only celcius product I use is the mags cause there not to bad.

8interchangable parts Empty Re: interchangable parts Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:02 am

Trigger619

Recruit
Recruit

It seems that the Second Gen Celcius the XMAX Is able to accept systema Ptw Cylinder. I own the XMAX and havnt had any problem with the systema PTW cylinder. I can also use the New MX2 cylinder with no problem. I Notice that the Hop Up Chamber on the MX2 is more smaller. My friend has the MX2 and the when he trys to use the ptw clinder the nozzle gets caught in the hop up. So what i did was filed down the inner of the hop up chamber where the nozzle meet with some sand paper and it works.

9interchangable parts Empty Re: interchangable parts Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:09 am

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

differences:
- the ptw nozzle is thicker
- the airflow hole in the nozzle is hexagonal in shape, on the ctw it's round - I dont know if this affects anything at all
- the CTW Chamber Packing in the ctw chamber also has a side coming out towards the nozzle, where bbs can jam (can be a reason for chopped bbs) - the same chamber packing from systema stays in its place, and because the ptw chamber is a little larger then ctw one, makes the ptw hop-up chamber, in my opinion, far more reliable than the ctw one

yesterday, I tested a ptw cylinder in 2 ctw's and although it fired without any problem, the ctw chamber is thinner and I could notice some tiny scratches on the ptw nozzle after firing 2-3 mags in the ctw.

something else I noticed: when using ptw inner barrel + ptw chamber + ptw cylinder, there is almost perfect compression (you can see that if you try to blow air through the barrel); in the ctw, you have some loss of air - test it the same way

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum