Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to get the best range out of the CTW

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to get the best range out of the CTW Empty How to get the best range out of the CTW Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:07 am

murta369

Recruit
Recruit

Hey guys , new to the celcius world as i bought one from a fellow airsofter , few niggles.

first one was the upper reciever was wobbling a little. But i sorted that with some tactical electrician tape sandwiched between U/L reciever.

next is, I dont seem to be getting 'great' groupings or range. Im getting what appears to be average AEG range and groupings out of it at the moment

so if you guys had any pointers how to improve the range and accuracy it would be much appreciated

Last edited by murta369 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : missed out a word)

Zander

Zander
Corporal
Corporal

You will need to change out the hop up "nub" as it really only puts enough hop-up on >.20g or less bb's. RC gas line tubing work well for this, but you may need to put glue inside the tubing as the ID is a bit larger than the pin and can rotate sometimes when fired, negating some of the hop up effect. I believe its Dubro 221.

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

Hirobo R/C Helicopter Fuel Line

murta369

Recruit
Recruit

Found out the problem guys, there was a gap behind the cylinder in the reciver and so the recoil of the spring firing was forcing it back so loosing an air seal with the hop so i did a bodge job for now with some electrician tape to fill the gap and its working fine. I will have a look at the RC heli line though. Cheers

Zander

Zander
Corporal
Corporal

You need to either:

1) turn your buffer tube once so that it is farther inside the receiver

Or

2) Reshim the internal buffer tube cap.

I suggest option 1.

Snipe

Recruit
Recruit

Myself and a few of the guys I played with had the same problem, more so it dropped our indoor FPS down to 200+/- with .20. 2 extra shims fixed the problem for us for the most part.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum