Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem

+5
CTW_Reloaded
USMC6888
FAST 5
boss
drflaco
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Empty M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Wed May 19, 2010 8:17 pm

drflaco

Recruit
Recruit

Hi all,

I noticed a large gap between upper and lower receiver.
Also the upper receiver moves right to left...
M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Photo013
M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Photo014
M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Photo015

I looked closely at the anchor points (or pins ?) and this is what I found.

M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Photo010
M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Photo011

They apparently missed the hole ... about 1 mm Suspect
It's poorly drilled Crying or Very sad
And it's really not a shadow effect affraid

My SN : 01001005
Produced in 2010, january and it's number 5 of the series.

Anyone have the same ?

Thanks for commenting.

2M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Empty Re: M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Thu May 20, 2010 9:21 am

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

Mine is also a 2010 CQB
• it DOES have the gap between upper and lower
• it DOES NOT have any wobble between the upper and lower

You might try ordering some buffer tube plug shims to tighten up the detent mechanism.

My upper has another issue though, the picatinny rail leans to the right. I suspect when the uppers were painted they were laid on their side and the paint is causing the 'lean' on the rails.

3M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Empty Re: M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Thu May 20, 2010 11:52 am

drflaco

Recruit
Recruit

Hi,

i went to my seller and he changed the lower receiver and now it looks fine.
Wobble disappear and mechanism seems to be more soft.
End of this episode bounce

I'll try it very soon

Special Thanks to BOSS Wink

4M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Empty Re: M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Wed May 26, 2010 11:48 pm

FAST 5

FAST 5
Private
Private

boss wrote:Mine is also a 2010 CQB
• it DOES have the gap between upper and lower
• it DOES NOT have any wobble between the upper and lower

You might try ordering some buffer tube plug shims to tighten up the detent mechanism.

My upper has another issue though, the picatinny rail leans to the right. I suspect when the uppers were painted they were laid on their side and the paint is causing the 'lean' on the rails.

My upper and lower was the same with the gap and wobble of the upper , but i just added a Magpul PTS lower and now its super tight with no wobble or gap but its really hard to move the body pins due to heavy paint on there Magpul lowers.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FAST/111832725495339

5M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Empty Re: M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:12 pm

USMC6888

USMC6888
Private
Private

hey I got news for you guys...my REAL STEEL AR15 has a gap between the upper and the lower and it shoots just fine, as do my PTW and my CTW's if really bothers you get a Ra-tech magic pin (20$) and it will solve the issue.

6M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Empty Re: M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:53 am

CTW_Reloaded

Private
Private

This is a know issue with the CTW's. I'd buy a G&P upper and lower that fits perfect for 200 bux.

7M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Empty Re: M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:00 pm

Madness

Madness
Private
Private

Mine had the gap when my gears would not cycle properly and the teeth were up and not down... Check that out before anything else...

No wobble though...

http://www.radairsoft.com

8M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Empty BODY WOBBLE FIX Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:24 pm

RJWTAT

RJWTAT
Corporal
Corporal

TAKE A SET OF FEALER GUAGES YOU CAN BUY AT ANY LOCAL ADVANCE AUTO PARTS FOR 5 BUCKS , PUT GUAGE IN BETWEEN UPPER AND LOWER BODY WERE THEY MEAT WERE THE PIN GOES THREW THE 2 HALFS IN THE BACK TILL YOU GET THE RIGHT GUAGE THEN TAKE A METAL PUNCH PUNCH YOUR WHOLE FOR THE BODY PIN FIRST, THEN PUNCH A LARGER HOLE AROUND THAT TO CREATE A SHIM.. I DID THIS FOR MINE AND THE WOBBLE IS GONE AND FEELS WAY MORE SOLID HOPE THIS HELPS

9M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Empty Re: M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:21 pm

SPONGE

Corporal
Corporal

the gap isn't a big deal at all. That imitates the 1:1 scale factor, my AR-15 has a gap like that to, in fact my dads does my brother does and my grandpas does. yet i can hit a penny at 100yards with it even with the gap. Don't worry about that little 3mm gap. It wont hurt.

10M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Empty Re: M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:57 pm

thekiller

Private
Private

USMC6888 wrote:hey I got news for you guys...my REAL STEEL AR15 has a gap between the upper and the lower and it shoots just fine, as do my PTW and my CTW's if really bothers you get a Ra-tech magic pin (20$) and it will solve the issue.

Will the "Ra-tech magic pin" work on the CTW? I´m asking because they said works on GBB..
Thanks.

11M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Empty ra magic pin Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:21 am

USMC6888

USMC6888
Private
Private

I have one installed on my early CTW cqbr, worked for me just fine, cheap enough 20.00 bucks isn't so bad.

12M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Empty Re: M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:39 pm

thekiller

Private
Private

Ok thanks i will buy one because my CTW body wobble =/

13M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Empty Re: M4A1 x-max gen3 Body problem Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:49 pm

thekiller

Private
Private

Hello.
I have the magic pin but that was to large for the hole of the CTW, how you say that you have one on your CTW? Or the 2010 version (mine) is diferent of the other ones?
Thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum