Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tac mods & the CTW

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tac mods & the CTW Empty Tac mods & the CTW Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:06 pm

andyajc

Recruit
Recruit

Hi guys

Ive just bought my first CTW & currently own a PTW. The so called 'Tac' mods are as most people agree a total scam.

This is what i know from looking at my PTW (which i bought 2nd hand Tac modded)

Moisture Proofing - AQUA STOP SPRAY* (on here in other sections)
*This is not needed guys , its maybe good to spray it on the electronics , but if you get the gun so wet it wont help much

Motor rewind - Tac sends them away. He waits till he has 10 then gets a local model shop to do them. I think you can get these done in Leeds at 'Leeds Model shop' or you once could and its a fraction of the price (also on here too)

Hop Mod - This is the most basic rip off ive ever seen. In the hop unit between the hop rubber and the nub you add a small strip of 1mm electricians cable with the copper pulled out. It hardens the hop but has the vital give needed to create a huge differance in range.

Lipo conversion - This is more involved , im not sure of the power board length in a CTW , but in a ptw he cuts it back and re-solders the contacts with 2 extender wires , he cuts a vey small slot in the stock tube and pulls the two extended wires out , he then adds the fuse part on the outside creating more room. This is best left to a pro though , as im not fully sure where to cut/solder etc and it can be an expensive error.

I do have an alternatic guy i could post on here that has his own sites , its massivley cheaper and wont rip you off. If the mods (if any are online) are ok with this??

The reason i ask is in the systema world Tac pretty much controls it all , and on the UKAS site i questioned his methods and basically got all my negative posts removed , as im new on here thought id ask first.

Thanks

Andy

2Tac mods & the CTW Empty Re: Tac mods & the CTW Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:09 am

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

a) All of the Tac mods can or will be able to be done by STTS or they are unnecessary.

b) Check out the new look forums: http://tw-owners.co.uk

Think they'd suit you Smile

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum