Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

350 Celcius cylinder doesn't fit in my CTW???

+9
Ronin
blindmank13
nosfyrus
papoose42
boss
Para
DOW_n3Co
SPONGE
Thomo
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Thomo

Recruit
Recruit

Hey folks
Can anyone help me out with this... I bought a second hand CTW from another forum. It was sold to me as an MX2, the latest version apparently. It definitely has the barrel from the mx2 but not sure how to tell other than that. Anyway I just received a 350 cylinder from Asiarsoft and it doesn't fit in my CTW! It appears to be too big
The 300 fps cylinder currently in it fits perfectly and looks identical to this
I tried a blue system cylinder too and this fitted, but didn't work
Can anyone shed any light on this as it probably isn't worth me sending the CTW cylinder back to Hong Kong from the Uk

Please help!.... I losing the will with this celcius rapidly!

SPONGE

Corporal
Corporal

you probably got a xmax version cylinder. the cylinders from the mx2 and xmax are a little bit different

Thomo

Recruit
Recruit

I had another look at the cylinders on Asiarsoft and they only sell one type but it doesn't say if they're xmax or mx2. Is the xmax the newest one?
How do I know which CTW I've got? It's got the blue led light and the swish barrel with the vents at the end

DOW_n3Co

Private
Private

You receieved the MX2 CTW but got the xmax cylinder from Asiarsoft...

Para

Corporal
Corporal

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Please link a couple of pictures, preferably with your current and new cylinder side-by-side.

I've ordered a CS450 unit from asiarsoft, and it fits perfectly inside the MX2.

On the other hand, if you just want the added muzzle velocity, you can always stick a pair of thin pliers in the two holes in the endcaps, unscrew them and swap the springs Smile

http://www.gunsmith.ro

SPONGE

Corporal
Corporal

The CS450 and up were made for the MX2 and not the XMAX. They were producing both the MX2 and CS450 and up cylinders at the same time. But unfortunately Thomo got ripped off and needs to start buying from a different site.. Asiarsoft.com is not a trustworthy site.

Thomo

Recruit
Recruit

Thanks for the advice guys. Appreciate it.

I've contacted Asiarsoft but not expecting a response! I've put it up for sale anyway, and may try and claim it back through Paypal

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

2009 Celcius CTW
2010 Celcius CTW X-MAX
2011 Celcius CTW MX2

You got ripped off b/c you didn't know the versions of the CTW. MX2 is 2011 and newer X-MAX is 2010 and plain ole CTW is 2009

Celcius in another incredibly STUPID move (which Celcius fanboys will call brilliant) changed the MX2 cylinder outer bore/diameter for no better reason than to FORCE CTW owners to buy spare/replacement cylinders ONLY FROM CELCIUS, precluding CTW owners from used PTW cylinders and the emerging aftermarket/clone products (i.e. the $70 ACM PTW cylinder)

PRE-MX2 Celcius CTW cylinder (interchangeable with PTW)
350 Celcius cylinder doesn't fit in my CTW??? Parts_CTW_ASB_CLU_350_lg
PRE-MX2 Celcius CTW cylinder (interchangeable with PTW)

Current MX2 cylinder (Celcius proprietary diameter)
350 Celcius cylinder doesn't fit in my CTW??? Celcius-cylinder-unit-450-ctw-mx2-ptw-m4
Current MX2 cylinder

Thomo

Recruit
Recruit

Hhhmmm I must have an XMAX then (and that would make sense as I think it was bought in 2010) as the cylinder currently in my CTW that works fine looks the same as the bottom one pictured there, and the one I got from Asiarsoft looks the same as both of those too, yet doesn't fit. As they sell the MX2 I assume that's what their cylinders are for.
Plus I tried a systema blue cylinder in mine and it fitted but didn't work

Thankfully they have responded and offered me a refund, but does anyone know where I can get an XMAX cylinder from???

Really appreciate all your help guys as I'm new to all this

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant

i believe the cylinders being sold on evike are the xmax cylinders so try there.

nosfyrus

Recruit
Recruit

I recomand you to stay away form Asiarsoft. They are unreliable.. Buy an mx2 from them, the replica was full of problems. tooks some time to solve them all . I WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN FROM THEM!

Para

Corporal
Corporal

nosfy, applying wax to the inside of the 6.00 inner barrel wasn't exactly a brilliant move, mate, so don't blame it on the retailer. As for asiarsoft, each and every order I've had with them was handled extremely well, they instantly refunded an out-of-stock item once, and a couple of $$ shipping difference as well, for good measure.

Thomo, if you want to swap your MX2 cylinder for a X-MAX, I'd be glad to, but I've just bought mine used. And no ideea yet as to what spring it has. I'll chrono it tomorrow. I can throw in a systema piston instead of the celcius, and either a 350 fps or an 140 mps spring to sweeten a deal Smile

http://www.gunsmith.ro

nosfyrus

Recruit
Recruit

Para wrote:nosfy, applying wax to the inside of the 6.00 inner barrel wasn't exactly a brilliant move, mate, so don't blame it on the retailer. As for asiarsoft, each and every order I've had with them was handled extremely well, they instantly refunded an out-of-stock item once, and a couple of $$ shipping difference as well, for good measure.

Thomo, if you want to swap your MX2 cylinder for a X-MAX, I'd be glad to, but I've just bought mine used. And no ideea yet as to what spring it has. I'll chrono it tomorrow. I can throw in a systema piston instead of the celcius, and either a 350 fps or an 140 mps spring to sweeten a deal Smile

Ok.. about wax maybe you are right, but i cleaned very well.
What about the wobble? What about missing parts? What about ECU ? cmnn.. want to purchese another replica for cqb and i really dont know if im gonna buy again from celcius.

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

I've ordered from asiarsoft a few times and no problems. Btw they also sell the xmax cylinders you just need to ask same with hotspot. You can't blame a retailer for a company that sucks. My ctw came with a flaky ecu and missing hopup parts as well but I don't blame hotspot I blame celcius. Ceclius is the doom bringer lol.

15350 Celcius cylinder doesn't fit in my CTW??? Empty Had same problem Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Ronin

Recruit
Recruit

I had same problem with a cylinder ordered from Asisrsoft about 2 months ago, it was the 350 and it was not fitting on my CTW xmax cause of the bad assemblation of it.
All the cylinders of CTW must be the same external dimensions, but they sold me a corrupted cylinder and no more aswered to me for explanation....
so, guys, DON'T BUY FROM ASIARSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunray

Major
Major

Good afternoon.

You should be able to get an upgrade cylinder from J D Airsoft in the UK (they are in Cannock nr Birmingham but they do mail order) as they have them in stock. Speak to Phil as he's the 'guru' there. His contact number is 01543 466356

They also have spare pistons, nozzles ,all the gears, hop units, magazines etc etc - they have only just got them in but they are going to be doing a lot with Celcius over the coming months.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Hope that helps. Very Happy

deadlyzach

deadlyzach
Corporal
Corporal

I just read through all of these posts and came across one post that said the celcius ctw MX2 cylinder is proprietary ? So for example a systema blue cylinder will not fit into my celcius ?

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

the systema ptw cylinders WILL fit the celcius ctw mx2. I tested a ptw cylinder in two ctw's and they work smooth, it even makes the ctw sounds more like a ptw Wink

deadlyzach

deadlyzach
Corporal
Corporal

How come so many people are saying that they dont fit ? are you using the stock hop ups in those CTW's ? Are are you positive they are MX2's?

Sunray

Major
Major

GYCU is correct in what he's saying - the Systema PTW cylinders will fit in a CTW and will work flawlessly.....

HOWEVER - you may need to replace the air nozzle on the PTW cylinder with the original CTW nozzle OR the new upgrade ones available from the UK from S-T-T-S as the PTW air nozzle is slightly larger than a CTW one (its the ring on the nozzle that seals the nozzle into the breach / chamber thats the problem).

Or as an alternative, remove the nozzle, stick it in a cordless drill and wrap it in come grinding paper and pull the trigger for a few seconds - the drill spins the nozzle, you hold the grinding paper against the ring and seconds later it fits!!!! cheers

deadlyzach

deadlyzach
Corporal
Corporal

Thanks for clearing that up for me Sunray Very Happy

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

Darn, I totally forgot I changed my chamber with a ptw one.. sorry for that Embarassed

Thanks sunray for clearing that up! that is right: to use a ptw cylinder in the ctw, you need to change the hop-up chamber with a ptw, or change the nozzle in the ptw cylinder , as sunray said.

Sorry again for the confusion..

infinit0s

Recruit
Recruit

Will the MX2 cylinder fit into pre MX2 versions of the gun tho ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum