Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batteries for CTWs? (I'm new to them)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Batteries for CTWs? (I'm new to them) Empty Batteries for CTWs? (I'm new to them) Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:14 am

AGuy

Recruit
Recruit

I'm sure this question has probably been asked a million times but I have a specific battery in mind. I have a 10.8v crane stock, except it has small 2/3A 1500mah Elite cells. Would this battery pose a risk to any of the components, and, if so, would an Elite 2100mah 9.6v 4/5C crane stock battery be a safer choice? Or, if neither will do, do large type cells fit in the stock? Also, are the voltage and discharge requirements different for each version of the ECU? Thanks

2Batteries for CTWs? (I'm new to them) Empty Re: Batteries for CTWs? (I'm new to them) Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Zander

Zander
Corporal
Corporal

Your safest bet is to use any 11.1 20C LiPo. Anything lower or higher is not recommended.

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

Zander wrote:Your safest bet is to use any 11.1 20C LiPo. Anything lower or higher is not recommended.

You know that you 11.1V 20C LiPos can have different AMPERAGES, right ? They can range anywhere between 22 - 52 AMPS. The sweet spot for anything up to the 350fps cylinder is 29-40AMPS

AGuy

Recruit
Recruit

So the CTW ECUs are much more voltage/amperage specific then? Systemas have a lot more flexibility then, correct?

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

AGuy wrote:So the CTW ECUs are much more voltage/amperage specific then? Systemas have a lot more flexibility then, correct?

I've run the following Lipos in my CTW XMax and PTW Max:

11.1V 2200mah 20C = 2.2 * 20 = 44AMPs
11.1V 2600mah 20C - 2.6 * 20 = 52AMPs

IN my PTW which I use more I've noticed that more brush dust is evident so I have to maintain by using LectraMotive (car electronics cleaner) and re-lubing with R/C Bearing Lube.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum