Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

why isnt my celcius ctw not firing?

+3
papoose42
nickeidorff
vltor
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:42 pm

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

just installed this mosfet(http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_702&products_id=33165) into my 2011 ecu, soldered the wires to the motor and plugged in the battery.... not firing. wat do i do now?

2why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:44 am

nickeidorff

Private
Private

Have you conected the other wires aswell?
The coloured ones?

3why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:35 pm

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant

make sure the wires are in the ecu the proper way and the buffer tube is back on the gun the the ecu in its propper place in the gearbox and also that the fuse isnt blown

4why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:01 pm

Viper07

Recruit
Recruit

check the fuse

5why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:02 pm

Para

Corporal
Corporal

Oh, and don't forget the damned bolt catch button !!!

http://www.gunsmith.ro

6why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:21 am

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

how do i kno if hte fuse is fried?/ the mosfet is BRAND NEW

7why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:41 am

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

ok update just replaced the fuse from my old mosfet to my new mosfet and i now see a faint blue light. and i can hear a faint noise coming from the ecu.

i got off the phone with a ptw technician from hotspotairsoft and i was told that my motor could be the problem. what could be wrong with the motor?

8why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:07 am

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

bout the motor, can a motor still turn if it has bad brushes? i dont want to drop $100 on a new motor if my problem can be fixed.

9why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:44 am

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

the brushes can be replaced, check here
also, check that the springs that press the brushes are in good condition and in position, so they can put enough pressure on the brushes

you can check if its the ptw/ctw motor bug, that can be repaired by a ptw/ctw technician by soldering the contacts of the windings.

10why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:24 pm

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

where can i send my motor to a technician? can i fix it myself? what is a motor bug?

11why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:35 pm

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

I changed my mind. its too much hassel to get a technician to fix it. i rather get a new one.

12why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:59 am

Trigger619

Recruit
Recruit

After Reading your post, sounds like your motor. I had the same problem. With my RC background i decided to take the motor apart. There are three commutator (comm). By checking each side of comm with a Multimeter checker, i found out that one side had a shortage. Which causes the electric flow to stop. So i tested each point of where the coil wire are connected to the comm tab and found out where the shortage was. Knowing that coil wire has a coating on it i lifted back the tab carefully, that connects to the comm and scrape off the coating. Then press the tab back and recheck all the side again with a Mulitmeter. Signals on all three comm means theres electric connection flowing again. Reassemble the motor back and Presto. Its Alive. Since then i havnt had any problem.

13why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:15 am

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

how do ii take out the motor core? can you give me very specific details on how to fix this? i'm completely clueless. and i have no way to test this because i took off the brush housings.

14why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:30 am

Trigger619

Recruit
Recruit

First Remove the Pinion Gear. You will need to heat up the little screw that holds the pinion in place with a mini torch or a lighter. This will loosen up the loctite and make it easy to remove the screw.Then there are Four allen wrench screws on top. You can see it through the Hole. One in each corner. Remove all four. Then remove the bottom spring plastic screw and brush. The hard part is trying to remove the Magnet. Onces remove youll be able to dissemble the top and bottom housing leaving you with the Armature. You will see a white string thats been glue around the comm. Becareful and remove it trying to not damage the wires. Then you will see where the coil with and the comm is connected. Test each side out by touching one side of the comm to the other to see if it has connection. Goodluck. Ill be here if you have any question. Very Happy

15why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:19 am

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

Last edited by vltor on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

16why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:53 pm

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

how do you remove the side magnets?

17why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:28 pm

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

18why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Empty Re: why isnt my celcius ctw not firing? Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:40 am

Trigger619

Recruit
Recruit

Its kinda of hard to tough pull the maget. You might have to pry it apart. There nothing holding it. Just the magnet is really strong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum