Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not Firing

+3
boss
Sunray
Ferrari
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not Firing Empty Not Firing Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:49 am

Ferrari

Recruit
Recruit

Hey guys I just got back from a national event for the first 6-7 hours is shot GREAT but midway thru my ctw Mx2 wont fire. I had just replaced the battery and took a couple shots and now when I pull the trigger I get nothing. The blue light still shines bright so im not sure if it is the fuse. Im new to this system but can figure something out when told. I appreciate the help if you got it.

2Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:01 am

Ferrari

Recruit
Recruit

Update: Just got to the fuse looks good to go everythins seems good.

3Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:48 am

Sunray

Major
Major

Does the gearbox rotate if you pull the trigger (have the weapon broken so that it is not pulling on the piston)?

4Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:07 am

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

• check the wires going to the trigger switch board
• check the wiring going from the MOSFET in the buffer tube to the Main ECU via the channel cut in the lower receiver.

5Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:57 pm

Ferrari

Recruit
Recruit

Nothing happens when I pull the trigger gears wont spin. Blue light still goes on and off with the mag release. not quite sure on the take down of the internals on this rifle any links and better details of what wire is which and where to check? I do have a feeling its with the trigger but that's coming from someone who works on Ver. 2 gearbox's. after i switched batterys and everything a few platoons mad a rush so I started lighting them up and suddenly nothing. hope this info helps to get me help feel free to ask more questions not planning on using this till the next Pine Plains so I have time to fix it and fix it right. Thanks.

-Ferrari

6Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:11 am

Snipe

Recruit
Recruit

the exact same thing happened to me at Claybank this year. Same situation too, people rushed me and my gun stopped.
It turned out to be the trigger board. Replaced it and it solved the problem.

7Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:16 am

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

in could also be the motor, more precisely the motor_bug, you could check this, by breaking (opening the upper), then rotate the gears a little with your hand, then fire; the same thing can be done, if you remove the hand_grip bottom plate, take out the hand_grip, then rotate a little the rotor, then fire - if it fires a few shots, then stops again, its the motor bug..

try it and keep us posted

8Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:23 am

Sunray

Major
Major

If your ECU is 'blinking' when you pull the trigger your battery does not have enough charge in it - what spring are you using in the piston?

I'd try charging the battery again - is it a LiPo battery you are using / are you using a good quality LiPo charger?

We'll get you back in the fire fight!!!!

9Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:43 pm

Ferrari

Recruit
Recruit

gycu wrote:in could also be the motor, more precisely the motor_bug, you could check this, by breaking (opening the upper), then rotate the gears a little with your hand, then fire; the same thing can be done, if you remove the hand_grip bottom plate, take out the hand_grip, then rotate a little the rotor, then fire - if it fires a few shots, then stops again, its the motor bug..

Tryed this and gears start to spin but not for long, so what dose this mean new motor??

10Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Herald

Recruit
Recruit

gycu wrote:in could also be the motor, more precisely the motor_bug, you could check this, by breaking (opening the upper), then rotate the gears a little with your hand, then fire; the same thing can be done, if you remove the hand_grip bottom plate, take out the hand_grip, then rotate a little the rotor, then fire - if it fires a few shots, then stops again, its the motor bug..

Hey Gycu... so with this.. just change the motor and it will be good?

Regards,

Herald

11Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:48 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

I don't remember if you said if its an mx2. If so mine had the same issue and one part was the motor with the brushes they worn out or something so they were replaced second part was the recent well a few months ago ecus that came out were all bad. Claudio from hotspot had checked with a few ecus and always the same issue. My personal idea would be (I'f you have the cash) get a version up kit for ptw. Will replace the motor and all wiring. You should be straight. Shouldn't use a lipo after that but may be able too. My buddy did that to his and has had no issues for at least 3 months and games almost every weekend. He just has issues with jus cylinders not putting out proper airflow.

12Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:54 am

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

the motor bug can be fixed by soldering the contacts between the rotor collectors and the winding; from the factory, the motor has a mechanical contact and in time, the contact becomes loose and fails; so you basically you have to solder the contact between the two, and you are good to go..

..or just buy a new motor but after another 10.000 shots, you will still have the same problem..

@blindmank13: the ptw cylinder is compatible with the mx2 and it has way better compression and consistency; just buy one and that's it

13Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:54 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Without modification a ptw cylinder won't work with a ctw hop up. I had both did it and then broken nozzle.

14Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:33 am

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

I tested a ptw cylinder in 2 ctw's and it worked just fine; maybe you have some problem on your ctw; from what I know, the nozzle breaks because of the loose screw from the piston head, at least mine stopped breaking the nozzle when I locktited the piston screw.

to be 100% sure you are doing it right, you can change the hop-up chamber too for a better compression and compatibility..

cheers

15Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Herald

Recruit
Recruit

Finally opened my CTW (just got the time to do it Very Happy ) The reason its not firing was just a loose connection.. the solder on the motor got loose.. so just need to solder it back again (off to the hardware to buy soldering gun)... Mad

16Not Firing Empty Re: Not Firing Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Ferrari

Recruit
Recruit

Hey im back, started to notice my CTW was collecting dust. Crying or Very sad

So last time when I was tinkering around i got the motor to do a like quarter spin i guess but I ended up popping the fuse. I think this work is a little too much for me I feel as if im going to hurt the gun even more haha. I haven't really got a quick solution to this but I see on here Hot Spot air soft dose work on CTW's there only an hour or two away from me. But I was wondering on how they treat there repairs and if there tech fee's are expensive. I'd rather not get in over my head here so its between this or selling it off pretty cheap to someone who knows what there doing. Thanks for all the input guys. Look forward to some more.

-Ferrari

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum