Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

2010 Celcius CTW CQB X-Max Project Underway

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

OK, so I FINALLY got this CTW project underway here's my review ...

A lot has been written about fit and finish of the gun already so I'll skip to the mods I am doing to this particular CTW

Pictures are coming soon ...

Sling Point Attachment
2010 Celcius CTW CQB X-Max Project Underway Th_IMG_41532010 Celcius CTW CQB X-Max Project Underway Th_IMG_41552010 Celcius CTW CQB X-Max Project Underway Th_IMG_41542010 Celcius CTW CQB X-Max Project Underway Th_IMG_41572010 Celcius CTW CQB X-Max Project Underway Th_IMG_41562010 Celcius CTW CQB X-Max Project Underway Th_IMG_4161
I had to remove the buffer tube to switch out the backplate for a VLTOR single side sling point attachment.
• Remove the Crane stock
• Remove the inner cap (black cap inside the receiver, held in by 2 rubber o-rings, note there are 3 shim/spacers which fine-tune the amount of resistance the upper detent has ... some CTW users report that removing one,two or all of the shims helps if the gun is having feeding/chopping issues. It allows the cylinder to sit just that smidgen more back in the receiver which helps with feeding issues)
• Slide the wires and fuse holder up so you can spin the receiver tube
• Using an AR-15 armorer's tool loosen the lock ring
• Spin the buffer tube off (you will feel resistance from the coiled battery wire just keep going till the tube comes off)
• as the back plate loosens pull it towards the back so it can spin with the buffer tube (there's a notch int he tube mating to a key in the backplate so they must spin together)
• As you are removing the buffer tube, you will expose a small spring (if looking at the back of the CTW it is on the lower left of the receiver) PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THIS SPRING DO NOT LOSE IT ! this is the spring for the capture pin which hold the rear take down pin.
• Ditched the crap Tamiya connectors for the smaller, less resistance Deans Ultra Plugs (white goes to red and black goes to black)
• Swapped out the VLTOR sling point attachment and it was a perfect fit !
• Re-assembled the CTW in reverse order, pretty straight forward

Dry Fire Test
• I connected a CBP 11.1V 2200mAh 25C 55AMP battery. Dry fired in Semi and Auto without any issues

Trigger Guard and Magwell Grip
2010 Celcius CTW CQB X-Max Project Underway Th_IMG_41622010 Celcius CTW CQB X-Max Project Underway Th_IMG_4167
• Pound out the rear trigger guard roll pin with a punch (not an allen key or a jewelers screwdriver the RIGHT DAMN TOOL !)
• If you look at the front of the trigger guard it looks like a pin in a blind hole, it 's actually a spring loaded detent peg. Just push it in with the punch you just used and the trigger guard will wiggle right out.
• Slid the magwell grip into position
• Installed the Magpul Polymer trigger guard using the original roll pin, the Magpul piece comes with a long grub/set screw for the front attachment point, even though the receiver is not threaded for this I was able to gorilla the set screw in place

That's all I had time for last night... more to come:
• Chrono test
• Front sight removal/gas block replacement
• Magpul MidLength MOE Handguard installation (if they EVER release it for purchase)
• Barrel extension
• ProMag Polymer Rail installation
• Magpul AFG installation

Minutia
• Box: rectangular, made of styro and carboard, held all the stuff I paid for ... nuff said !
• CD: had 2 .pdfs of the Owner/User Manual and more importantly the Parts Diagram/Mechanical Blowout diagrams

Last edited by boss on Fri May 07, 2010 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)

FAST 5

FAST 5
Private
Private

Nice Post Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FAST/111832725495339

Hyu

Private
Private

i'd like to comment on a few points:

• Remove the inner cap (black cap inside the receiver, held in by 2 rubber o-rings, note there are 3 shim/spacers which fine-tune the amount of resistance the upper detent has ... some CTW users report that removing one,two or all of the shims helps if the gun is having feeding/chopping issues. It allows the cylinder to sit just that smidgen more back in the receiver which helps with feeding issues)

- Instead of the original 3 shims I added 1 more shim to my CTW. in order to make the cylinder tighter. (the take down will be tighter as well)
the PTW engineer advised that because the CTW's cylinder is a bit loose. which causes the cylinder to wobble when shooting. He also commented that the wobble may cause damage to the gearbox in the future.

USMC6888

USMC6888
Private
Private

If you loose or damage the pin retainer spring a good cheap replacement can be found in any Bic lighter...disassemble the lighter and use the spring that forces the flint up, you might have to strech it abit, but it makes a good cheap replacement in a pinch or for when you dropped yours and it falls into that third dimension...LOL.

Madness

Madness
Private
Private

Nice post.

I will point out that when I installed a Magpul ASAP sling mount to my CTW, I had 6 shims on mine! Came that way when I got it, I just never knew it. I dropped it down to 2, and gave one of team mates the shims moving him from 1 to 3, and both of our weapons work great...

http://www.radairsoft.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum