Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this normal for a battery?

+3
creeper
vltor
ronin24
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is this normal for a battery? Empty Is this normal for a battery? Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:53 am

ronin24

Private
Private

I am having the same problem as many others. Battery in, pull the trigger, and I get a flashing light. Gears turn fine with the upper receiver open, but once closed they will not turn.

I suspect it may be the battery not getting fully charged since I am using a cheap Evike charger but there is one more thing I have noticed. When the battery is connected and the gears are turning with the upper receiver open, the battery and the connector I use to connect small to large tamiyra gets very hot. Is this normal or is that another symptom of battery trouble?

2Is this normal for a battery? Empty Re: Is this normal for a battery? Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:42 am

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

did you insert the loaded mag and press the bolt release? and on semi or auto?

3Is this normal for a battery? Empty Re: Is this normal for a battery? Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:16 am

creeper

creeper
Recruit
Recruit

This sounds like the battery. The best way to check is try another battery.

4Is this normal for a battery? Empty Re: Is this normal for a battery? Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:54 pm

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

Check your wires running from the buffer tube to the lower receiver for chafing or a short.

5Is this normal for a battery? Empty Re: Is this normal for a battery? Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Para

Corporal
Corporal

Exactly what battery are we talking about !?

I've seen a guy trying to power his super-max ptw with a 2C (yea 2C not 20C - not a typo) Li-Ion (not LiPo) while still having the original 165 MPS cylinder inside. Gears would turn OK with the gun cranked open, but once closed it wouldn't shoot, wires got hot and eventually the fuse gave way.

I've once tried a 9.6V NiMH battery in my ctw. The shots went on OK, but the led kept blinking in protest.

[later edit] I have 80% of the celcius ecu schematics pulled from my spare full-auto unit. There's no direct measurement of battery voltage involved. The ecu does a timing on the sector gear rotation and blinks the led if it's longer then a certain value.

Last edited by Para on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.gunsmith.ro

6Is this normal for a battery? Empty Re: Is this normal for a battery? Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:04 am

STRYKER13

STRYKER13
Private
Private

Yep gonna follow PARA on this,I was blown away the first time I saw guys trying to run 7.4 lipos on a red 550 ptw cylinder.
Give us a little info on the battery,also are you balancing the cells when charging,and also check to make sure your upper is not pushing on the wires(or pinching) in you lower

7Is this normal for a battery? Empty Re: Is this normal for a battery? Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:20 pm

ronin24

Private
Private

The battery is an 11.1 Lipo. I forgot the C, it is low though, I think around 12.

Anyway it is my charger that is the problem, it only works if someone holds is while charging. Weird I know, I guess it needs to feel loved. I held the charger until the battery was fully charged and the CTW ran for a whole game.

So that solves the blinking light, but the I am still wondering if it is normal for the battery to get that hot while it is in use.

8Is this normal for a battery? Empty Re: Is this normal for a battery? Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:12 am

STRYKER13

STRYKER13
Private
Private

I have a few firefox lipos that get pretty warm when firing in full alot. BUt you should consider getting a better charger with balancer,it would make life much easier for ya

9Is this normal for a battery? Empty Re: Is this normal for a battery? Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Zander

Zander
Corporal
Corporal

It may also be the cheap lipo's. I have a few 20c and 15c lipos that I have tried with my CTW and they work fine in semi, but in full-auto the motor struggles audibly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum