Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

CTW Battery ?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CTW Battery ? Empty CTW Battery ? Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:22 am

GhostScout

Recruit
Recruit

I am just wondering what kind of battery should be used in my CTW ? I am currently running a ECHO 1 11.1V 15c lipo and I think I messed something up the other day when I was test firing it. The motor and the battery became extremely warm to the touch. After I let things cool off my ctw started to do a 3 round burst, (now I do not have the burst chip in my ctw) it did this for about 5min of use then stopped working all together. Sooo I am wondering what happened ? One of my friends that knows allot about Systema PTW's is taking a look at it now. But I would like to know if I should use a lower voltage battery in it ? and which voltage lipo I should use so nothing else happens to the ctw in the future ?

Any help would be much appreciated

2CTW Battery ? Empty Re: CTW Battery ? Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:17 am

Fubar61

Corporal
Corporal

I've been told that you should use an 11.1 volt 20c lipo battery Smile

3CTW Battery ? Empty Re: CTW Battery ? Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:44 am

Sunray

Major
Major

Fubar is correct - an 11.1V is a minimum and a 20C is ideal as this gives an excellent discharge rate.

cheers

4CTW Battery ? Empty Re: CTW Battery ? Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:17 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Would it be wise to go above 20c?

5CTW Battery ? Empty Re: CTW Battery ? Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:50 pm

GhostScout

Recruit
Recruit

I am wondering if a person could use a 7.4v 15c lipo battery ? As I have seen the the CTW/PTW batteries are 9.6v 1350mah - 9.6v 2300mah, this does not make any since since you guys say to use a 11.1v as a minimum voltage lipo battery. So in theory a person could use a 7.4v correct ?

6CTW Battery ? Empty Re: CTW Battery ? Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:37 am

Fubar61

Corporal
Corporal

I've been told & there are other posts on here that say ONLY use an 11.1 volt lipo in a CTW.
As to the 20c rating I'm assuming that's also the same? Neutral

7CTW Battery ? Empty Re: CTW Battery ? Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:44 am

Sunray

Major
Major

The CTW is designed to use LiPo batteries out of the box, and when the voltage falls below 9V - the blue LED starts to flash and you must swap it our or risk ruining your electrics.

The PTW is NOT LiPo battery ready out of the box hence why PTW batteries are lower volatage.

Ref the 20C discharge rate - any higher and it's all a bit quick so you may risk damage to your gun.... down to you.

cheers

8CTW Battery ? Empty Re: CTW Battery ? Tue May 01, 2012 12:31 am

GhostScout

Recruit
Recruit

OK. Well I am going to be selling it anyway, but thanks for all the help. The gun is up for sale on here under the " For Sale " thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum