Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2

+4
gycu
snakedoc
Sunray
rike
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:31 pm

rike

Private
Private

In my team we have three CTW-MX2 and in just in two games we have broken the nozzles on three cylinders...

Perhaps you guys allready know this but we think we have figured out why they breake..

If you consider the nozzle in three dimentiones. X, Y and Z. Then the nozzle is supposed to move back and forward in just the Z direction when it feeds in new BB´s. But the nozzle can also move in the X and Y direction. Now in the hopup chamber there is a ledge on which the "collar" on the forward nozzle is upposed to "land". Since the nozzle can move around so much in the X and Y direction the front of the forward nozzle (which is quite sharp) hits and gets stuck on this ledge when it is pulled back by the piston. Then when the piston moves forward in full force it hitts a nozzle that is stuck on the ledge and the nozzle breaks.

I base this knowlage on the fact that all three hopuphouses have this ledge damaged by the nozzle. The nozzle has shopped of a "half moon" of mettal on the ledge in the hopuphouse. And i can guarantee that such things cause greate strain on the nozzle..

I think this can be fixed fairly easily by bevel the ledge so that nozzle can not be trapped there...

I hope you understand what I mean and excuse my bad english.

Best regards

Last edited by rike on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Re: Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:37 pm

rike

Private
Private

nozzle breaks because the screw that keeps coming loose

I just want to add that none of our broken nozzles has shown signs of the "forward nozzle" unthreading and getting loose. All of them has damage in the hopuphouse as described..

3Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Re: Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:31 pm

Sunray

Major
Major

Great information, thanks - I have also had this happen on both my CTW's, and I worked out something similar was happening and that the nozzle was a poor fit within the barrel assembly.

I found the best fix was to purchase the Systema PTW nozzles (parts CLU-001 and CLU-005, front and rear parts - you can use the CTW spring) at a cost of approx £10 for BOTH parts and end of problem. The Systema nozzles are a much tighter fit and also improve the consistancy of the FPS that you achieve cheers

4Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Re: Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:11 pm

snakedoc

Private
Private

So the systema ptw nozzles will work on the MX2 cylinders?

5Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Re: Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:46 am

Sunray

Major
Major

Yep - you just have to exchange out both the inner and outer nozzle as they use different threads and hey presto.

6Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Re: Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:43 pm

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

if you change the ctw nozzle with the ptw one, maybe you should consider changing the hopup chamber too; it solves some problems, for instance the bb jams, plus ptw nozzle+chamber has better compression than the ctw one

7Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Systema... Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:57 pm

Ronin

Recruit
Recruit

Hi bro!
I broked 3 Celcius original cylinder in many parts during use(abuse) of my CTW.
Problem solved with using Systema m130 cylinder, no else.
bye

8Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Re: Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:12 am

rike

Private
Private

I have made the modification on the Hopup chamber I wrote about in the first post, and so far i have fired 32 mags(in game) without failure.

If the nozzle problem is solved or nott is hard to say, but so far it works greate..

9Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Re: Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Zander

Zander
Corporal
Corporal

Any pictures so we can see this better?

10Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Re: Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:53 am

rike

Private
Private

My camera do nott like pictures of small stuff, the photos comes out blurry.. :-(

I made a picture of the mod in "MS Paint" instead. I hope you understand.

Part 1 is the original

Part 2 and The RED lines is the modification..

Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Hopupmodification

EDIT: I also did stretch the nozzle spring abit too.

11Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Re: Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:02 am

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

i just understood what mod you are talking about

why didn't you just change the nozzle and the chamber with systema, the differences are exactly what you modified to the ctw pieces..

nice job though..

12Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Re: Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:23 am

rike

Private
Private

why didn't you just change the nozzle and the chamber with systema

I allready had the CTW parts and the mod was simple to make.
So why not try it out first... Very Happy

13Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Re: Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:47 pm

thekiller

Private
Private

Hi
Can anyone put a link with the parts (Nozzle e hop chamber) that y need to buy to change the CTW for Systema parts?
Thanks.

14Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Re: Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:47 pm

odoo

Recruit
Recruit

Sunray wrote:Great information, thanks - I have also had this happen on both my CTW's, and I worked out something similar was happening and that the nozzle was a poor fit within the barrel assembly.

I found the best fix was to purchase the Systema PTW nozzles (parts CLU-001 and CLU-005, front and rear parts - you can use the CTW spring) at a cost of approx £10 for BOTH parts and end of problem. The Systema nozzles are a much tighter fit and also improve the consistancy of the FPS that you achieve cheers

Hi,

Please let me know where I can buy the systema air nozzles?
I couldnt found one by searching in the e-shops!

Thanks

15Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Re: Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:37 am

Sunray

Major
Major

CHANGE OF PLAN FELLA's.........

The UK distributor, a company called S-T-T-S has made a new nozzle specifically for the CTW which it fits as standard in all the CTW's it supplies. I have bought 2 and they fit straight in without and modifications (if you purchase a PTW nozzle, you may have to grind the sealing collar a little with sand paper to make it fit as the PTW hop chamber is a little larger than the CTW).

They are made from anodised black stainless steel (weapons grade Very Happy ), they have a much finer thread on them and they have incorporated the hex key to help with doing it up tightly.

When fitting you have to put a drop of 'thread lock' on it to stop it coming undone with use (I discovered this by trial and error), but they are excellent.

I purchased mine from a company called Badger Tac in Oxfordshire (dealt with a guy called Ratty who is a big fan of the CTW - email: ratty@badgertac.co.uk), and they cost £12 for the complete nozzle (i.e. front and rear parts but EXCLUDING spring - use the one already on your gun).

Stand Fast....... Fight Hard cheers

16Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Empty Re: Nozzle breaking CTW-MX2 Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:04 am

odoo

Recruit
Recruit

Sunray wrote:CHANGE OF PLAN FELLA's.........

The UK distributor, a company called S-T-T-S has made a new nozzle specifically for the CTW which it fits as standard in all the CTW's it supplies. I have bought 2 and they fit straight in without and modifications (if you purchase a PTW nozzle, you may have to grind the sealing collar a little with sand paper to make it fit as the PTW hop chamber is a little larger than the CTW).

They are made from anodised black stainless steel (weapons grade Very Happy ), they have a much finer thread on them and they have incorporated the hex key to help with doing it up tightly.

When fitting you have to put a drop of 'thread lock' on it to stop it coming undone with use (I discovered this by trial and error), but they are excellent.

I purchased mine from a company called Badger Tac in Oxfordshire (dealt with a guy called Ratty who is a big fan of the CTW - email: ratty@badgertac.co.uk), and they cost £12 for the complete nozzle (i.e. front and rear parts but EXCLUDING spring - use the one already on your gun).

Stand Fast....... Fight Hard cheers

Thanks a lot for the response.
Ive checked the HP of Badger Tac, and not found the CTW nozzles. So, Ive emailed directly to ratty@badgertac.co.uk. So far, no response. Hope for a good news in the reply.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum