Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolt release magazine fix - is there one?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rainbow6

Recruit
Recruit

Hiya everyone, ive just got myself a CTW and have heard that there is a mod you can do to the magazines that mean you need to press the bolt release after you have inserted a new mag.

I know that they stop firing when the mag is empty but you then only need to add a loaded mag to start up again but I must admit I miss hitting the release (like I do with my TM recoil).

Is there a mod that can be done to the mags to get this feature without modding the gun, many thanks to all in advance

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant

Hey when I had my ctw with regular ctw and ptw mags I had the same problem, if you use vanaras mags you shouldn't have that problem. Or you can take the bolt catch off and file the end down a little because it always presses on the ecu so it always reads as a mag in or switch out the spring on the bolt catch with a ptw one or cut the ctw one a little

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Need to revive this as i dont want to start a new one, now i onow you can make this work buy purchasing the smaller systema bolt catch spring, but fail to see how doing so keeps the bolt stop mech from pressing the sensor switch, as it will still apply downward force tothe switch when no mag or a full mag is inserted, all i want is to HAVE to press the bolt release when a fresh mag is inserted after ive just emptied one and the gun has stopped firing. Detailed explanations required lol thanks in advance!

SpikedViper

SpikedViper
Private
Private

As to me it looks like you want to release the bolt, like in the original AR, right?
If so, then you may need to replace the button to the clicking switch, so after the mag is empty the bolt catch will press the microswitch to turn off automatically and when the fresh mag is installed, you hit the bolt catch to turn the firing. Something like that.

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Yeah thats what i want to do, like the real ar. Although i dont believe the switch needs changing i hear its just the spring on the bolt release/catch. Ill investigate deeper tonight and let you all know how i get on. People have done it easily but im struggling to see how.

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Ive now done the bolt catch mod and it all works the same as the PTW version now. Thanks peeps Smile

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

SpikedViper

SpikedViper
Private
Private

How it was made?

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Simply shorten the bolt catch spring and make the peice of rubber on the bolt catch lip that interacts with the sensor bigger, 2 minute job.

SpikedViper

SpikedViper
Private
Private

So as I expected ))

Sunray

Major
Major

Could have sworn thats what I said at the start of all the posts...... Laughing

cheers

SpikedViper

SpikedViper
Private
Private

The issue is that due to the different mags and bolt catch springs tension the bolt catch itself often does not release the button after magazine is emptied. So adding additional stuff under the catch near the button or lowering the spring tension is a common tweak.

Mea culpa, I did not understand at first that you describe the normal bolt catch behavior. Embarassed

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Sunray wrote:Could have sworn thats what I said at the start of all the posts...... Laughing

cheers

Yeah you did mate in another thread, i finally got my head round how it would enable it to work lol, cheers sunray

Sunray

Major
Major

You are most welcome - if we all work together to 'perfect' the CTW we can then go to events and wup some PTW ass AND gloat that we didn't spend £1500!!!!!

cheers

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Lol, i am pleased with mine for sure, the motors seem lacking in torque but it will do for now Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum