Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom R-hop

+7
MrCK
Sunray
Joe90
happyal
vltor
SpikedViper
Trigger
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Custom R-hop  Empty Custom R-hop Thu May 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Trigger

Private
Private

Custom R-hop  20120501_194942 Custom R-hop  20120501_195032 Testing range, looking good so far. 200ft plus 320fps with .28BB

2Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Thu May 03, 2012 6:28 pm

SpikedViper

SpikedViper
Private
Private

Nice! What sort of rubber did you use for this mod?

3Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Thu May 03, 2012 9:24 pm

Trigger

Private
Private

I used a tubing from a Lab at my work place. Part is call tygon r-3603 tubing. It works great so far. You have to cut and mod it to fit. Then file it down if theres to much hop.

4Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Sat May 05, 2012 4:29 am

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

how thick are the walls? mind taking more picks of hopw you got it to that shape and how you attached it to the hop up adjuster?

5Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Sat May 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Trigger

Private
Private

The wall is flush with the ring and its pin in like the stock one. I also add a drop of super glue to keep it from moving.

6Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Tue May 29, 2012 10:56 am

happyal

Private
Private

I've been thinking about getting a better hop on my CTW (when I get it back), as the hop on the PTW/CTW seems a little lacking.

I was on the Systema forum and I saw a good idea (similar to above), and I thought that I woudl share. Here is a link

http://www.systema-ptw.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9908&start=12

And some pictures,

Custom R-hop  File

Custom R-hop  File

7Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Tue May 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

looks good, ill try something similar soon i think!

8Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Wed May 30, 2012 10:46 am

Sunray

Major
Major

Interesting idea as it gives a good surface area to help create backspin - keep us posted Joe.

cheers

9Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Wed May 30, 2012 11:18 am

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

will do mate, ive not had much enthusiasm after work lately but ill see what happens lol, will be more of a concave design though as the flat hop is a bastard for jams, concave is more forgiving and creates a more even spin.

10Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Wed May 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Trigger

Private
Private

Almost the same setup as mines, but mines has a curve and more contact on the bb. Im using .30 bb 300ft plus at 360fps.

11Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Wed May 30, 2012 6:17 pm

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

300ft? Thats damn impressive if its true.

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk

12Custom R-hop  Empty Hop Thu May 31, 2012 5:00 am

Windywindmill

Recruit
Recruit

Hi Guys
How we doing, sorry there's no introduction section so thought I'd say hi to all in my post!
Have had a m4a1 team alpha, up and running all sweet st the mo. had its first proper game with it at f&o's the acadamy on Sunday just gone.
While I'm happy with it at the moment, I like to tinker with things...

Thought I'd post my attempt up at a r-hop stylee:
Custom R-hop  Ec2c333c

The nub itself is curved to the same shape as the BB, I've worked the rear of the nub (facing away from barrel) so that the opening is slightly larger for about a mm, just to prevent any jams before the nub. (as MDodd said the adjustment needs to be minute, so I've microcalipered it so with the grub screwed at least 50% in its about 6.05mm gap,I need to measure how much adjustment I can get from that. I'm aiming for about 5.95mm gap at max)
Since the picture, I've reduced the width of the nub and put a hole in the nub so the the pin can go through. A couple more hours work later and I should be able to get it in and test it.
Hopefully want to get it up and running for this Sunday's game.
(will take spare standard rollers if it turns out to be an epic fail!)

13Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Thu May 31, 2012 7:28 am

twingear

twingear
Private
Private

This forum is getting more and more interesting! bounce

14Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Thu May 31, 2012 7:52 am

Sunray

Major
Major

You sound suprised......CTW's are the future of Training Weapons!!!

Yes they are not perfect, but nor is a PTW...... BUT they are less than 50% of the cost and if we all work together in the way the PTW forums have done then were on to a winner!!!!

All we need now is a 'CTW Tackleberry'......

cheers

15Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Thu May 31, 2012 8:00 am

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

A ctw tackle berry but again with a 50 percent price cut lol nice work windymill

16Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Thu May 31, 2012 12:38 pm

Trigger

Private
Private

MrCK wrote:300ft? Thats damn impressive if its true.
Yes its true. Spent memorial day at Lion claw and I had people on my squad asking what I did to my gun to get that kind of range. Basically I was out ranging sniper that was on my squad. Very Happy

17Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Thu May 31, 2012 6:14 pm

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

Windywindmill wrote:Hi Guys
How we doing, sorry there's no introduction section so thought I'd say hi to all in my post!

Will sort this soon, Welcome buddy, good to see another face off zeroin.

18Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:02 am

MDodd

Private
Private

300 Feet is impressive, but if you are doing 360 FPS on a .30bb that is equal to around 442 FPS with a .2 bb and is 1.85 Joules energy wise , so range sounds about right.

19Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:16 am

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

a CTW tackleberry that doesn't wanna rip everyone off? lol

20Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:11 pm

Windywindmill

Recruit
Recruit

I've managed to put the hop adjuster back together with the flat hop in place:
Custom R-hop  Aa5061b1

It's all set and ready to have a proper range test now. I had a quick play in my garden to make sure it does not jam, veer well off or not work at all, and it seems positive do far.
Over hops a .2g unless it's adjusted to the point nub is literally smelling the bb. With a .25 it hops it well. I even threw the gold cylinder in and tried some .36's which had a nice consistent flight path.
I'll post up results of how it performs against other guns on Sunday and will take a tape measure and see what kinda distance it's getting

21Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:47 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Looks impressive to say the least mate. I best get off my arse and get working.

22Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Windywindmill

Recruit
Recruit

Cheers Joe, it good to actually have time to do a few bits and bobs like this now works settled and Im not doing silly hours a week!

One of the slices I've made tho on the right is slightly askew, I'll recut the nub after this one just to make sure there's no movement.
Plus I want to check what the material is looking like after a a few games. Don't want it to wear out too quick. The other materials I have are s bit softer. The HS5 nubs are not thick enough to fit, but if this material fails, I could try glueing a HS5 nub on to a bit of buffer material and see if that holds up

23Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:02 pm

Trigger

Private
Private

Looks good windywindmill. Keep up the good work. Looks clean. What type of material did you use for yours?

24Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:05 pm

Trigger

Private
Private

MDodd wrote:300 Feet is impressive, but if you are doing 360 FPS on a .30bb that is equal to around 442 FPS with a .2 bb and is 1.85 Joules energy wise , so range sounds about right.
Thanks bro. You should give it a try, you'll love it. Very Happy

25Custom R-hop  Empty Re: Custom R-hop Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:16 pm

MDodd

Private
Private

Very Happy
Already have, works very well,but ,as we have fps limits of 330 fps max for AEG , I kind of do all my testing at that level. Control is the key to long contact patch.
Custom R-hop  Hop_nu10

Just sending a few of these out today, with a few other items.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next