Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

team alpha hop issue

+2
MrCK
tsv2tuff
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1team alpha hop issue Empty team alpha hop issue Sun May 13, 2012 6:41 pm

tsv2tuff

tsv2tuff
Private
Private

finaly got my team alpha cqb but after takeing it to a game today i quickly realised i had a max range of about 15 feet! not realy what i wanted.... when i look down the barell and adjust the hop screw i cant see anything happening surely there should be a nub of some description becomeing visable? hop all the way on or all the way off makes no difference, must have got a lemon of a hop unit does anyone know if i need to send it back to the shop i bought it from or do i send it direct to s.t.t.s?

2team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Mon May 14, 2012 5:15 am

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

Couple of quick questions, is your hop unit black or silver?

and, when you look down the barrel can you see 2 bumps at the bottom, or a flat ish bump at the top?

CK

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk

3team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Mon May 14, 2012 9:36 am

tsv2tuff

tsv2tuff
Private
Private

hop unit is silver ish same kind of metal as the gearbox shell.
when i look down the barell i cant see anyhing on the top or bottom of the barell
though i am just looking down it with the gun in the "broken" position removed cylinder and looked from the hop end then looked from the other end and still cant see anything.left hop unit and barell still instaled... since i havnt figured out how to remove it yet Smile

4team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Mon May 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Sunray

Major
Major

Pull the barrel out (if its tight take off the flash hider - undo the 1.5mm grub screw securing it on first) and and this will expose the barrel. Push down on the floor and it should push it free of the inner barrel and then pull it out.

Hold to the light, look down it and adjust the alen key with the driver supplied and see if you see anything happening from the top - the barrel should go from round to a 'D' shape with the flat bit being at the top.

If nothing happens then its simply out of align - take back to where you got it and they will have it sorted in minutes.

cheers

5team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Wed May 16, 2012 9:20 pm

tsv2tuff

tsv2tuff
Private
Private

cheers bud i now have a visable nub still cant seem to get the range/accuracy i was expecting though... perhaps i was expecting to much from the ctw over a "normal" aeg

6team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Wed May 16, 2012 9:39 pm

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

rumour has it something inside the hop needs supergluing before it'll work properly.

7team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Wed May 16, 2012 10:18 pm

tsv2tuff

tsv2tuff
Private
Private

hmmm interesting i am a bit disapointed thats it doesnt out perform my other aeg's perhaps that is why... surley super glue will void the warranty though?

8team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Wed May 16, 2012 10:30 pm

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

I believe it does actually, and despite having it explained to me, I still don't know which bit needs supergluing,

I don't pretend to know the internals of a CTW, I let others do the hard work Razz

9team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Wed May 16, 2012 10:39 pm

tsv2tuff

tsv2tuff
Private
Private

maybe i will wait until the warranty runs out before i attempt glueing the wrong part, if you find out what needs to be done dont forget to post it for the rest of us Smile . have been reading up on tackleberrys super hop wouldnt mind forking out the cash and getting one if i knew it would fit in the team alpha ctw's

10team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Wed May 16, 2012 10:49 pm

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

MDodd can let you know which part needs glueing Smile

I'm just not confident enough to do it myself Very Happy

11team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Thu May 17, 2012 4:24 am

Sunray

Major
Major

If your hop is working, then the next question is magazines????

If you are using Vanaras ones, some work fine and some sit approx 1mm too low which causes an air leak and loss of power.

If its fine with the CTW standard one then you've found the culprit.

If its still poor with both mag types, take it back under the warranty as its probably a hop chamber issue..... an easy fix but will need a new part (good old warranty - free).

Dont loose faith CTW Jedi, the holy grail PTW is flawed as well and they all need a 'tweek' to get them whooopping ass!!!!!

cheers

(and the super glue think is a pile of donkey crap - the hop needs to be able to move to work properly)

12team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Thu May 17, 2012 6:53 am

SpikedViper

SpikedViper
Private
Private

Glueing is ok until it only glues the hop-up rubber. To have more consistent shots, the hop rubber should stick in place. As a reference, see the normal AEG hop up rubber - there are no things to move.

13team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Thu May 17, 2012 7:02 am

Sunray

Major
Major

True - but a PTW / CTW is not the same system as a standard AEG.

cheers

14team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Thu May 17, 2012 7:59 am

SpikedViper

SpikedViper
Private
Private

Agreed. But the hopup workflow is the same.

15team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Thu May 17, 2012 9:01 am

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

SpikedViper wrote:Agreed. But the hopup workflow is the same.

Agreed, the hop rolling is never a good thing and a design flaw, mines been modded and i can now lift heavy weight rounds.

16team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Thu May 17, 2012 3:09 pm

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

I totally agree with Joe, and I believe the MX-2's have the hop glued already, its just the Team Alpha's that didn't have this done...

17team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Thu May 17, 2012 4:31 pm

SpikedViper

SpikedViper
Private
Private

Some of my CTW's are MX2 and none of them were glued.

18team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Thu May 17, 2012 9:23 pm

tsv2tuff

tsv2tuff
Private
Private

turns out i was expecting a bit much from the ctw i think.. its no worse than a standard aeg but its also no better accuracy and range wise.... have seen mod'd ptw 's with some wicked range and accuracy its a shame people are so secretive about how to do these mods Smile

19team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Thu May 17, 2012 9:27 pm

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

i.e. Tac, I have no respect for that man, as a businessman, he seems like a nice chap, but as an airsofter...thats a different matter.

As an airsoft community we share information we have about ways to improve our AEGS/GBBS etc.

Basically, he isn't a team player, and I don't approve Smile

20team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Thu May 17, 2012 10:30 pm

tsv2tuff

tsv2tuff
Private
Private

yeh i totaly agree definatly not a team player cant help but be impressed by what he can do though.

21team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Fri May 18, 2012 5:02 am

Sunray

Major
Major

Try installing a Systema PTW hop chamber (the big shiny silver bit on the barrel), or ask JD if they have any of the sample S-T-T-S upgraded ones which they are working on bringing out very soon.

Its the same design just balck in colour but the manufacturing tolerances are a little better so will give a better air seal on the barrel rubber.

There about £15 if they have any to sell you and I think you'll find you'll be sorted.....

cheers

22team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Fri May 18, 2012 8:15 am

tsv2tuff

tsv2tuff
Private
Private

will make do for now until the stts ones are availible then get one of those i think

23team alpha hop issue Empty Re: team alpha hop issue Fri May 18, 2012 9:21 am

MDodd

Private
Private

Everyone is right Very Happy

In THEORY a rolling hop nub could work, as you would get a smoother action and reaction on the BB - But in practice , the hop rubber spins inconsistently and too easily in some guns ,therefore is always applying a different load ,as it can turn erraticaly and with heavier bbs cannot exert enough force (so you glue the nub, to stop the rotation) ideally, from the standard CTW a larger roller nub that can roll a little and consistently would be the ideal.But it is very difficult to perfect on a production gun!
Hence the easiest fix being to stop the rubber moving and give consistensy to the bb hop - but it is not the ultimate tune up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum