Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha)

+4
ArthurDent
MrCK
JungleJim
Dizleksic
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Tue May 29, 2012 2:01 pm

Dizleksic

Recruit
Recruit

Evening,

Has anyone had any experience with FCC Motors and there Hop Unit in the Team Alpha yet?

I’m looking to add these parts to my ctw and was wondering what would need to be done if much at all to get these parts to work.

Many thanks

2Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Tue May 29, 2012 7:23 pm

JungleJim

Private
Private

Will be installing both of these when I get back in 2 weeks so I'll let you know.

3Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Wed May 30, 2012 6:52 am

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

id wait for the jd airsoft hop designed by mdodd, looks awesome

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk

4Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Wed May 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Dizleksic

Recruit
Recruit

Seeing as they are out of motors for the next two weeks, I will just have to wait lol, Im looking to improve on what I have, if they were better choices closer to home I would defo invest in them.

5Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Thu May 31, 2012 3:50 am

ArthurDent

Private
Private

hi,

the CTW inner barrel will not fit in the FCC hopup
without "rework".

The part of the barrel where the Hu-Roller is placed
is to large with the CTW barrel and needs to be filed down for
about 0,4 to 0,5 mm

Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) ArthurDent-1155

if you dont file you'll have touble to fit the barrel key.

6Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Thu May 31, 2012 4:22 am

Sunray

Major
Major

Sorry to disagree -I have fitted 2 x FCC Hop Units to team guns and they fit straight on.

The spring hop adjuster is pretty good if using o.25G BB's or above.

Hope that helps.

cheers

7Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Thu May 31, 2012 4:52 am

ArthurDent

Private
Private

hmm ..

i have 2 CTW inner barrels here.

both of them are longer at that place than Systema
or other ones.

if they are longer they will not fit.

PTW 4,4mm
PDI 4,4mm
Vanaras 4,5mm
CTW(mx2r) 4,9mm

think about it..

8Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Thu May 31, 2012 7:57 am

Sunray

Major
Major

Thought about it....... still fitted with ease.

Dont forget the CTW chamber base has a slight recess for the barrel to slot into wheras the PTW one does not. When I fitted the FCC units I did use the existing chamber base but I did swap the rubber seal...

Hey, its all good anyway.

cheers

9Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Thu May 31, 2012 11:09 am

Dizleksic

Recruit
Recruit

Ordered the FCC Motor and FCC Hop Unit today, time will tell.

Last edited by Dizleksic on Thu May 31, 2012 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Thu May 31, 2012 2:48 pm

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

I'm liking the man up and give it a go advice Razz

11Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Thu May 31, 2012 2:54 pm

Cupcake

Private
Private

Dizleksic made a spelling error lol Embarassed

he has ordered today a FCC Motor and FCC Hop Unit Rolling Eyes

12Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Thu May 31, 2012 4:06 pm

Dizleksic

Recruit
Recruit

Dizleksic for a reason...

13Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Thu May 31, 2012 5:00 pm

Trigger608

Recruit
Recruit

To those that have fitted a FCC hop
Do you still need to do the glue mod ?
I've just fitted mine and thought of it

14Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:48 am

Sunray

Major
Major

I have been 'advised' by a fellow forum member that if you glue the hop rubber then it will become a little more consistant every shot so I'd glue it while your working on it.

cheers

15Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:11 am

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

Did it to mine, but don't have enough space in the garden to test it properly.

16Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:55 pm

MDodd

Private
Private

The glue will give you more consistency , the downside is that you only wear the nub in one place - but its consistent, and can apply more friction to the bb as you dont have the issueof the nub rolling on the pin. Accuracy = Consistency(whether its FPS, nub etc if it stays the same the shots are more likely to be the same - only problem is the irregularities in lighter bb - air voids)

17Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Empty Re: Motor and Hop. (FCC for Team Alpha) Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:18 am

Sunray

Major
Major

Well worth the 10 mins of effort as it gives an extra 15+ ft and more stability of BB flight if done (well it did on mine)...

cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum