Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Problems with putting mags in.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Problems with putting mags in. Empty Problems with putting mags in. Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:00 pm

mitchellz8

Recruit
Recruit

Hey,

I do not currently own a Celcius CTW but I have been researching them and it looks like Celcius has fixed most of the problems the original versions with the MX2 but I have heard that there is still a problem with putting mags back into the gun. I heard that you need to push in the mag release in order to reinsert the mag back into the gun. Does anyone who owns the gun have this problem or is this instance just a lemon gun?

Thanks

2Problems with putting mags in. Empty ??? Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:58 pm

RJWTAT

RJWTAT
Corporal
Corporal

mitchellz8 wrote:Hey,

I do not currently own a Celcius CTW but I have been researching them and it looks like Celcius has fixed most of the problems the original versions with the MX2 but I have heard that there is still a problem with putting mags back into the gun. I heard that you need to push in the mag release in order to reinsert the mag back into the gun. Does anyone who owns the gun have this problem or is this instance just a lemon gun?

Thanks
ive got the new mx2 version and dont have any mags issues at all and no you dont have to push the mag release to install mag

3Problems with putting mags in. Empty Re: Problems with putting mags in. Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:21 pm

synful

Private
Private

i havent had any mag issues either

4Problems with putting mags in. Empty Re: Problems with putting mags in. Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:15 am

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

mitchellz8 wrote:I heard that you need to push in the mag release in order to reinsert the mag back into the gun.

The mag release on a CTW, PTW or ANY M4 AEG is a simple spring tensioned mechanism and unless someone effed up their gun pretty good you do NOT have to "hit the mag release" to laod a new mag. Where did you "hear" this about the CTW ?

You do have to hit the BOLT RELEASE after loading a new mag to get the to fire again. They did this to simulate the same actiosn you would have to take with a real-steel M4/AR.

5Problems with putting mags in. Empty Re: Problems with putting mags in. Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:37 pm

mitchellz8

Recruit
Recruit

It was on a youtube review of the celcius, I think second generation. I think the guy must have just gotten a lemon CTW because on his in order to get the mag seeded properly he had to push in the mag release. That is great to hear that this isn't a common problem.

6Problems with putting mags in. Empty Re: Problems with putting mags in. Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:45 pm

SPONGE

Corporal
Corporal

yeah you do with the CTW MX2, you have to push the mag release in to insert the CTW mag only. No other mags have problems.

7Problems with putting mags in. Empty ??? Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:30 pm

RJWTAT

RJWTAT
Corporal
Corporal

SPONGE wrote:yeah you do with the CTW MX2, you have to push the mag release in to insert the CTW mag only. No other mags have problems.
thats crazy no you dont, if you have to press the magrelease in to insert a mag something is wrong

8Problems with putting mags in. Empty Re: Problems with putting mags in. Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:43 pm

SPONGE

Corporal
Corporal

yeah, the ctw mags have a little too much material on the sides, so you have to sand down the edges of the indent where the mag release fits into. its no big deal, butt only the ctw 1st and 2nd gen mags do it. i have a Ctw MX2, but i got it right when they first came out, and they didnt start putting new mags in the boxes until later in production.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum