Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wiring polarity?? :/

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wiring polarity?? :/ Empty Wiring polarity?? :/ Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:23 pm

page

Private
Private

ok here comes a noob question. I just got a new CTW and the large Tamiya connector was so loose that it came off when i barely touched it.

The wires on the coiled cable are white and black. which one is positive and which one is negative?
I believe the white was to the "square" which then means positive i believe but i'm not certain as think i been thought that that white is always negative (when black and white is together and no red wire involved).

anyway i'm VERY confused right now and I was going to get better connectors anyway so i cant bet bothered to send it back just because of this. i just need to be certain about polarity then im good.

So Black wire is: ?
White wire is: ?

thanks!

2Wiring polarity?? :/ Empty Re: Wiring polarity?? :/ Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:29 pm

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant

ok well first of all go join the clubcelcius.com forum and second lets use some common sense black is usually what negative or ground, leaving the other color to be positive. or you could just have checked your battery.

3Wiring polarity?? :/ Empty Re: Wiring polarity?? :/ Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:03 pm

page

Private
Private

papoose42 wrote:ok well first of all go join the clubcelcius.com forum and second lets use some common sense black is usually what negative or ground, leaving the other color to be positive. or you could just have checked your battery.

I have come across situations where Black is positive and White is negative. I have a feeling this is one of these situations.

bottom line: I need facts, not common sense (=guessing)

thanks

if someone could post a picture of a battery connected to the CTW with both connector and their wiring visible that would be extremely helpful.

4Wiring polarity?? :/ Empty Re: Wiring polarity?? :/ Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:15 pm

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant

dont you have a battery, if you have a battery black goes to black and white goes to red so like i said black is neg and white is pos..

5Wiring polarity?? :/ Empty Re: Wiring polarity?? :/ Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:27 am

page

Private
Private

thanks!

i didnt have a batt with tamiya.but i found a good pic of a celcius battery which helped me out before i saw your last post.

got XT60 connectors installed now and everything is great Smile it is a beast even with a small lipo

6Wiring polarity?? :/ Empty Re: Wiring polarity?? :/ Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:06 pm

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant

oh ok cool well good to hear its running, come over to clubcelcius.com and join teh forum

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]