Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it worth it?

+2
ultimatefighter
CTW CQB CTW
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is it worth it? Empty Is it worth it? Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:16 pm

CTW CQB CTW

Recruit
Recruit

Ok so i've heard that ctw's arnt worth it and suck. But it seems like they have gotten better.

I plan on getting my from evike and buying the systema mags with it.

The total comes out to $698.33,for the gun and the extra mags.

Does anybody think i should use a different site or just not buy the gun at all?

Here is the link http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=32471

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=30528

2Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:26 pm

ultimatefighter

Private
Private

I'll sell you mine Smile What's that say about them being worth it or not???

http://www.one9alliance.com/

3Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:37 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

I just ordered mine today and did A LOT of research before ordering. The new 2011 mx2 is supposed to be a lot better than pervious models. Order from hotspotairsoft.com cause they get the new models. There preorder only as they sell out fast. You can also get a discount which you'll see on the site

Or if you can't wait order from airsplat.
I order my celcius mags from airsplat but not the gun as I order 4 which gave me free shipping and they were the cheapest price. I've heard the ceclius mags are better than the systema. So as I decided you should too don't buy the systema mags. There overpriced anyways as I said I did my researcha

4Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:48 pm

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant

Hey congrats on the order although i wont touch airsplat a few friends have had nothing but problems with celcius stuff from them. if you order your celcius through evike it is the cheapest with the 15percent coupon. and as far a mags go the systema mags are deff better in my opinion, but some really good mags are the vanaras ptw pmag clones on new.rsov.com check them out. last check out clubcelcius.com

5Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:52 pm

Odin

Major
Major

I would say it`s worth it...i have used mine for 2games so far (6-8hours matches in -10celcius) and burned out about 5000bb`s with it. Not one problem so far. all working smooth. But it`s important that you`re getting the MX2 version... It has the new Stainless steel innerbarrel and a upgraded ECU with better thicker wiring etc.. (the old ECU had to thin wiring,so some melted after a while. So my conclusion is yes, it`s absolutely worth it.

I have heard people buying mx2 from Evike and getting the mx.. but i can`t confirm that as i have just read it on forums. And i would rather buy "Vanaras" mags.. They are really good,no misfeeds and they fit like a glove,or go with the celcius mags.Systema mags are overprices!
I bought my mags from www.Rsov.com paid 150dollars for 10mags (+shipment). i bought the polymer type.. they have 10pack of metal mags to for about 190dollars.
http://new.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=13328&cateId=0
http://new.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=13326&cateId=0

One more thing is that i can`t understand why Evike says to use batteries from 9.6volts and LOWER?? I talked to Celcius customer service and they said that if you use under 11.1volt battery you can harm the ECU over time. I use a nunchuck lipo battery, 2400mah 20c 11.1volt. Makes the ROF 23rps and the trigger response is superb. Hope this were any help,if you got some more questions,just post it or pm me. Very Happy

6Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:53 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

I never had a problem with airsplat. I know 2 people who ordered mx2 from evike and got the old versions that's not mx2. The mags your talking about from rsov yea are awesome I heard the company I heard is a pain to get them to ship on time though. Everyones been saying that the new celcius high speed mags are a lot better especially in the mx2

7Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:55 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Ditto on odin. Hit the nail on the head. I wish I ordered from them odin alil late for me lol

8Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Odin

Major
Major

Gratz on a Celcius blindmank13! I think you will be very happy with it! I don`t regret buying one for sure! Oh..btw.. http://www.asiarsoft.com/index.php They are main retailer in HongKong for Celcius,superb customer service and they have all parts for the celcius in stock if you need any spare parts or upgrade cylinders etc to your CTW. (Probably not gonna need spare parts.. lol..but you never know)

Let me know how you like your CTW when you get it! Smile

9Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:18 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Its funny you mentioned them cause I order my m4 a1 from hotspot (m4a1 as that's what I used in the army) my 4 celcius mags from airsplat and a 400 cylinder and both of the different celcius bats off asiarsoft. I'm excited. I've owned to many airsoft rifles gas and electric. Wanted a systema but too damn exspensive. Ill build one next year mayve and have both

10Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:43 am

ultimatefighter

Private
Private

You guys really lucked out if yours are working fine. Mine stripped the planetary gears and sun gear after about 60 shots. I ordered new gears and the new gears didn't fit properly so I had to get a second set of gears. Celcius has a problem with the sun gear. The inner gear is pressed into the outer and it usually isn't pressed in straight. The gear then has a wobble when it spins and will shred your planetary gears. I got mine back together and now it only shoots four round burst lol. My friend's ctw gets about 30 shots to a fuse haha. I hope you all have better luck than us!

11Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:19 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

I haven't heard that problem with the mx2. Your friends is def an older model than the mx2. The new model fixed a lot of problems.

12Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:59 am

Odin

Major
Major

blindmank13 has a point, i have checked my gears for wobble and such now that you mentioned something like that. And there isnt a sign for anything like you mentioned. Don`t know how old you and your friend`s CTW are. But i bought the latest batch of MX2. (ordered and got the batch produced in January) And it works flawless so far. Very Happy

To bad to hear about the problems though.. but then again, you can experience stuff like that even with a systema or any high priced aeg. :/

13Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:26 am

ultimatefighter

Private
Private

They are both brand new MX2's so keep your fingers crossed. lol

14Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:31 am

Odin

Major
Major

Im not nervous actually.. so far i have had 16hours++ of gameplay with it and it still works flawless. Smile But sure,something can happen..but as i stated above, you can spend as much loads of money on something,but still you can never be 100% sure that it will work flawless. bounce

15Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:36 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

oden says it best. i doubt there both mx2's cause if so your the only one whos had that problem on an mx2 the mx and models below had those exact problems your talking about. i cant believe you when you say its an mx2 as ive seen your other posts and even there people have shown facts and you fight them on it

16Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:41 am

Odin

Major
Major

UltimateFighter, Did you contact Celcius customer service and asked them if your gun really is a MX2?? not just sold as one? Thats what the serial number is for you know. Smile

If you haven`t then i would suggest you and your friends to do that.. so you can get a confirmation on that it IS a MX2 you have bought. Smile

17Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:29 pm

page

Private
Private

Odin wrote:UltimateFighter, Did you contact Celcius customer service and asked them if your gun really is a MX2?? not just sold as one? Thats what the serial number is for you know. Smile

If you haven`t then i would suggest you and your friends to do that.. so you can get a confirmation on that it IS a MX2 you have bought. Smile

out of curiosity: would it possible to tell that yourself? as in mx2 has a certain series of numbers or does one need to contact celcius.

18Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:08 pm

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant

They are deff good guns but they have problems just like systemas have problems, The only problems i have had with my gun is that the tamyia connector in the gun has pulled off and the bolt release doesnt have to be pressed.

come on over to clubcelcius.com join the forum there also

19Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:51 pm

Odin

Major
Major

page wrote:
Odin wrote:UltimateFighter, Did you contact Celcius customer service and asked them if your gun really is a MX2?? not just sold as one? Thats what the serial number is for you know. Smile

out of curiosity: would it possible to tell that yourself? as in mx2 has a certain series of numbers or does one need to contact celcius.

Good question Page, well.. the newest one has a stainless steel innerbarrel,and the wiring on the ECU is thicker. Thats the only things i can think of that can confirm it. But i think some of the MX also came with the stainless steel innerbarrel. I think the only way to be totally sure is to contact Celcius directly. But i can post my CTW serial number though.. cause all guns after that number is a MX2. Smile

20Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:02 am

ultimatefighter

Private
Private

I bought it from evike so that is a possibility. Do you know how I'd go about contacting Celcius to find out?

21Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:37 am

Odin

Major
Major

Go to http://www.celciustechnology.com/ , use the "contact us" and choose customer service.

Then ask what model you gun is,then post the serial number. If its a mx/mx2 and so on. Very Happy Good luck! let me know what you find out.

22Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it? Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:52 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

if you have a non mx2, I've heard, not confirmed, that celcius or a celcius service center would provide you with the new changes free or something like that. Celcius seems like a pretty good company and listens to the consumer. n

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]