Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing cylinders question

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Changing cylinders question Empty Changing cylinders question Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:16 pm

hollowplague

Recruit
Recruit

Hey I am about to buy a new CTW and I wanted to swap out to higher fps for outdoor and keep the original one for indoor. I wanted to know if I have to buy a new cylinder with the higher spring or if I can just buy a spring and swap it out with the current cylinder I have?

2Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Odin

Major
Major

hollowplague wrote:Hey I am about to buy a new CTW and I wanted to swap out to higher fps for outdoor and keep the original one for indoor. I wanted to know if I have to buy a new cylinder with the higher spring or if I can just buy a spring and swap it out with the current cylinder I have?

You can just swap the spring,but isnt the whole idea about this to just have the possibility to just swap cylinder and not having to open the cylinder to change the spring every time? Suspect Laughing

3Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:22 pm

hollowplague

Recruit
Recruit

Odin wrote:
hollowplague wrote:Hey I am about to buy a new CTW and I wanted to swap out to higher fps for outdoor and keep the original one for indoor. I wanted to know if I have to buy a new cylinder with the higher spring or if I can just buy a spring and swap it out with the current cylinder I have?

You can just swap the spring,but isnt the whole idea about this to just have the possibility to just swap cylinder and not having to open the cylinder to change the spring every time? Suspect Laughing

True but is the cylinder hard to take apart or assemble? Is it worth it to buy a new cylinder?

4Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Odin

Major
Major

hollowplague wrote:
Odin wrote:

True but is the cylinder hard to take apart or assemble? Is it worth it to buy a new cylinder?

It`s not hard, but i think it`s worth buying a new cylinder. But thats my opinion..im just to lazy to take apart and assemble it all the time. lol. Smile

5Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:29 pm

hollowplague

Recruit
Recruit

Odin wrote:
hollowplague wrote:
Odin wrote:

It`s not hard, but i think it`s worth buying a new cylinder. But thats my opinion..im just to lazy to take apart and assemble it all the time. lol. Smile
Ooo okay I will probably end up buying one =P Is there a video showing how to take a cylinder apart?

6Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:34 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

The more you take a cylinder apart it wont be good its one thing to just change out a spring once but to be doing it constantly your way better off just getting another cylinder got to asiarsoft.com cheapest for the cylinder even with shipping

7Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:38 pm

hollowplague

Recruit
Recruit

blindmank13 wrote:The more you take a cylinder apart it wont be good its one thing to just change out a spring once but to be doing it constantly your way better off just getting another cylinder got to asiarsoft.com cheapest for the cylinder even with shipping

Ooo thanks for the link. I also read that the newer mx2 is not capable with the ptw cylinders. Does this go the same with the previous ctw models?

simply asking
does this work with the mx2
http://asiarsoft.com/index.php?8bdab82d615c1fe5d67ac55057924058=0503&a848f799b1589dbaeb4b4b6e44592f2d=ASB-CLU-450

8Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Odin

Major
Major

hollowplague wrote:
blindmank13 wrote:The more you take a cylinder apart it wont be good its one thing to just change out a spring once but to be doing it constantly your way better off just getting another cylinder got to asiarsoft.com cheapest for the cylinder even with shipping

Ooo thanks for the link. I also read that the newer mx2 is not capable with the ptw cylinders. Does this go the same with the previous ctw models?

simply asking
does this work with the mx2
http://asiarsoft.com/index.php?8bdab82d615c1fe5d67ac55057924058=0503&a848f799b1589dbaeb4b4b6e44592f2d=ASB-CLU-450

What blindmank13 says is correct..the more you take it apart the more it will get worn. Not sure about the PTW cylinders not fitting mx2.. but i know the old ctw cylinders wont fit in mx2 and visa verca..

The one you link fits, BUT.. that one fires about 470-480fps.. just so you know.

9Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:39 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

New mx2 uses larger cylinders suppsobly never actually looked so yes the ptw WON'T fit in the mx2. As odin said the 450 cylinder shoots over 450 with .20s with .25s its a little closer to 450

10Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:20 am

Konbini

Private
Private

Can I put a systema spring into a ctw cylinder - would that be a higher quality combo? Are ctw cylinders any better than the ptw ones?

11Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:24 pm

DOW_n3Co

Private
Private

Konbini wrote:Can I put a systema spring into a ctw cylinder - would that be a higher quality combo? Are ctw cylinders any better than the ptw ones?

suprisingly other then the Piston and maybe nozzle A&B...all the other parts including the Cylinder housing (Stainless Steel) itself are of better build quality then the PTW cylinders...

IMO I dont see why anyone would mess with a MX2 CTW Cylinder other then locktiting the bolt fastening the piston head to the piston spring guide.

12Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:26 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

The piston spring guide is not soo strong. Ptw one is stronger but otherwise the ctw cylinders are better

13Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:30 pm

DOW_n3Co

Private
Private

blindmank13 wrote:The piston spring guide is not soo strong. Ptw one is stronger but otherwise the ctw cylinders are better

did you have an issue with that?

14Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:32 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Yea bought cs450 cylinder and 80 shots blew piston sleeve.

15Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:48 pm

DOW_n3Co

Private
Private

blindmank13 wrote:Yea bought cs450 cylinder and 80 shots blew piston sleeve.

so you replaced it with the Systema and your good to go now?

16Changing cylinders question Empty Re: Changing cylinders question Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:05 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

I'm in the process of getting one. My ctws done right now anyways so its no big. It will be alittle before I have that whole cylinder back up just cause. But if you've seen the two you can even see the systema one is a harder plastic when the celcius even looks like a cheap plastic

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum