Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not enough hopup??

+6
Ronin
blindmank13
Para
DOW_n3Co
Odin
Iskra
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Not enough hopup?? Empty Not enough hopup?? Wed May 18, 2011 10:28 am

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Hii everyone

this weekend i made my CTW go thru 4000bbs, played in a big game, and guess what happend when i fire the first BB?? My 350 cylinder stopt working, had no clue what was wrong, untill i noticed at home that a screw had gone off, so i screw it back and it did work again, thank god i had more cylinder with me at the game, anyway back to my question.

that weekend i did use MADBULL's Precision BB Series 0.30 BB's. What i noticed was that when i fired, there was no significant diffrence, i had the hopup at max all the game but still the bb's went down pretty fast, because of this was a massive CQB game i didn't have so much need for long range but still i thought if i add to much hopup the bbs could adleast go up a bit the down, had the dilemma of eather having to strong cylinder for indoor use or to weak hopup for sniping at a roof or something

IS this normal with 0,30++bbs? or is there something wrong with my Hopup?

regards/Iskra

btw exept for the "hopup" thing the CTW worked flawlessly, no missfeeds no double shoots Smile

2Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Wed May 18, 2011 10:54 am

Odin

Major
Major

Iskra wrote:Hii everyone

this weekend i made my CTW go thru 4000bbs, played in a big game, and guess what happend when i fire the first BB?? My 350 cylinder stopt working, had no clue what was wrong, untill i noticed at home that a screw had gone off, so i screw it back and it did work again, thank god i had more cylinder with me at the game, anyway back to my question.

that weekend i did use MADBULL's Precision BB Series 0.30 BB's. What i noticed was that when i fired, there was no significant diffrence, i had the hopup at max all the game but still the bb's went down pretty fast, because of this was a massive CQB game i didn't have so much need for long range but still i thought if i add to much hopup the bbs could adleast go up a bit the down, had the dilemma of eather having to strong cylinder for indoor use or to weak hopup for sniping at a roof or something

IS this normal with 0,30++bbs? or is there something wrong with my Hopup?

regards/Iskra

First of all Iskra, locktight the screw.. it will probably loosen again after a while. not red though.. lol.. you might need to get it of someday. hm.. i haven`t tried 0.3 on my CTW yet... so i don`t know... i haven`t had any dropping issues with 0,25.. with to much hop my bb`s flies upwards. Have you looked down the hopup to see if the hop even goes anyfurther med losening the screw that gives more hop? Smile just to see if it increases over "normal" hop?

btw exept for the "hopup" thing the CTW worked flawlessly, no missfeeds no double shoots Smile

3Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Wed May 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Hii Odin. I am not quite sure i understand. Do you want Me to use The "Spray" LOCKTIGHT on The "hopup adjuster screw" ? Is that correct ?

Anyway i have taken out The barrel and hopup Unit, and everything seems to work as it should. If i only could have a reference pic so i could compare My hopup Unit to how far down it goes to lets say yours Odin. I wil try to post à pic later on

Btw i have not opened up The hopup Unit just looked thru it

Regards/

4Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Wed May 18, 2011 6:44 pm

DOW_n3Co

Private
Private

I think what Odin was saying is that you need to loctite the Piston Screw...or it will just rattle out again...happened to me...loctite fixed er right up!

as far as the hop up goes...

start with the adjustment screw almost all the way out...maybe a turn once its down in the hole...then begin the process...shoot a few rounds then adjust one turn...shoot a few rounds adjust a turn....and so on....the CTW hopup works great and as long as its installed properly you shouldnt have any issues...you probably have it screwed in too far or not far enough...there is a small window where it will be perfect....

5Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Wed May 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Para

Corporal
Corporal

Inside the cylinder, holding the piston-head to the piston, is a screw that has the ability to come loose.
On this very screw, that's buried inside the central recess in the piston head, you'd have to add some blue loctite, but not on its head, but on the screwing area, that connects to the inside of the metallic shaft that runs through the center of the piston.

I hope I've explained well Smile

http://www.gunsmith.ro

6Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Wed May 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Hehe sry guys i tought Odin was talking about The hopup, only and not about The cylinder, i forgott that i wrote about The cylinder. Kind of tierd But Now i get it. And Thanks guys for The detailed explenation

And about The hopup, i have tried all different settings, who knows it just might be wrongly installed. Anybody got à guide how to Open up The Whole hopup Unit and Then reinstall it.

Regards

7Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Wed May 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Odin

Major
Major

Iskra wrote:Hehe sry guys i tought Odin was talking about The hopup, only and not about The cylinder, i forgott that i wrote about The cylinder. Kind of tierd But Now i get it. And Thanks guys for The detailed explenation

And about The hopup, i have tried all different settings, who knows it just might be wrongly installed. Anybody got à guide how to Open up The Whole hopup Unit and Then reinstall it.

Regards

lol, yeah.. what they said! you dont have to dissamble it Iskra.. just open your receiver, pull out cylinder and tilt the receiver.. the whole hopup until with barrel should slide right out. Then just look into the hopup and down the barrel to see where max and minimum hopup is. That way its easier to know when you have max hop and not by turning the adjusting screw while looking down the hopup and barrel. I adjust it after i put it back in though..but i got a good idea on ideal position on it by doing it like i did. Smile

8Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Wed May 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Yeah I have already done it Odin and i Think. That my hop is not able to go to The Max position i Will try to post à picture later on. So you can be The judges and tell Me if the Unit is correctly installed

And Btw one more thing
Is it The hopups fault if all My bb's go slightly to The right??
Regards

9Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Wed May 18, 2011 9:03 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Imo. If you already took apart the hop up buy the deepfire hop up parts. The systema guys rave about them. It may help better. Sometimes my bbs went to the left or right. Could be just the roller.

10Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Thu May 19, 2011 4:25 am

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Hi

Blindmank13 No i have not taken the hopup apart just took it out with the innerbarrel and looked thru the innerbarrel and hopup just to see that everything was fine, i saw a guide somewhere and it looks alittle bit to difficult for me the.

i will have a look at the "deep fire thing"

anyway i am still happy with my CTW i did get some MASSIV kills last weekend.

Omg just looked at my last post. thats some bad english writing from me sry guys, hope you understand.

11Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Thu May 19, 2011 5:03 am

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Blindmank is this The part you are talking about?

Deep Fire Steel New Hop Up Hop Adjuster, Roller Packing & Fit Pin for Systema PTW AEG

12Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Thu May 19, 2011 7:06 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Yup. There may be more parts I can't remember. The hop up is not hard to dissasemble or reassemble. Just do it on a large type table so you don't loose any parts. O yea deep fire sells the little rubber pieces that go between the hop adjuster and barrel

13Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Thu May 19, 2011 9:11 am

Odin

Major
Major

Hi Iskra, i bought the Deep Fire New Hop Up Chamber Packing for Systema PTW,Deep Fire New Hop Up Chamber Packing Base for Systema PTW,Deep Fire Steel New Hop Up Hop Adjuster, Roller Packing & Fit Pin for Systema PTW ,Deep Fire New Hop Up Barrel Key (Steel) for Systema PTW. And i bought a Systema hopup chamber,but i dont think you need to do that.. not sure though...cause i broke my CTW hopup when i tryed a systema cylinder on my CTW.. the nozzle of the systema cylinder jammed in the hopup and i had to use a plier to get it to losen,so broke of a part.. *sighs* But the systema hopup chamber comes powder coated. so you have to sand it down to make it fit in the outerbarrel.

14Not enough hopup?? Empty hi ;) Fri May 20, 2011 7:09 am

Ronin

Recruit
Recruit

Hi everyone guys!
i'm new user of this forum, i come from Italy and i hope you'll sorry me for my english.
I know that the original magazines of Celcius does not support over 0,20bb cause of its spring that push up the bbs.
Systema produces the new mags with more strenght spring so you can use till 0,25bbs.
not over

so i think part of your problem could be the bbs 0,30 too heavy for CTW.

I used last month 0,25bbs MADBULL Bio Precision and i fucked the fusible cause of a bbs jam.

the CTW works fine only with 0,20 if the components are the originals.

have a good day Wink

15Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Fri May 20, 2011 7:50 am

nickeidorff

Private
Private

I cant imagen that 0.30g are too heavy. Because on the Celcius technology.eu website.
Under the Q and A post the question asked was:
Will the hop up spin a 0.25g bb properly?
Answer: The hop up unit has been designed to work with bb's from 0.2g-0.32g bb's.

Therefore it would be wird to make a magasine that cant not feed the heavier bb's.
And i have no probs useing 0.28g with my 350 cylinder.

http://www.celciustechnology.eu/celcius-ctw-facts.html

16Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Fri May 20, 2011 3:04 pm

outcast569

Recruit
Recruit

Iskra wrote:
And Btw one more thing
Is it The hopups fault if all My bb's go slightly to The right??
Regards

Having this same issue. Any one know the reasoning behind it?

17Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Fri May 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Para

Corporal
Corporal

I've started with Tokyo Marui 0.25s, because that was the only quality brand available at a shop here. Then I bought a box of KSC 0.30s off Hong Kong, and I'm only using these since. Going through the 3rd bag now, so probably 4500 BBs shot so far.
Hop-up setting is way below maximum, because I can spin them skywise with too much. Did the Tack mod on it, tho'

Bought a Deep Fire hop unit, and the steel part looks more crisp then the Celcius one, but the rubber packing seems slimmer and unevenly cut at the sides. So I kept the original installed.

As for the mags, I've completely stripped them, lubed the BB channel with cylinder grease and the bolt levers pins with silicone oil, and all are performing flawlessly.

L.E. BBs all going to one side can be caused by uneven hopup rubber packing, dirt in the barrel or misalignment of the upper receiver / outer barrel, but that's not very likely. Happened to me on a ChinAEG, not a CTW.

18Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Fri May 20, 2011 5:03 pm

Odin

Major
Major

I have read that some of the ctw barrels had a tad misalignment with the barrel key point. which made the innerbarrel have a tiny "twist" inside the hopup chamber..this would cause the bb`s going abit to the side wouldn`t it?? Anyways.. my feeding issues has disappeard after i changed the hopup internals. The brass ring from deep fire is a little more "open" than the orginal CTW brass ring.. which again makes the bb`s going trough easier without clogging and such.

19Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Fri May 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Thanks Odin for The "part" list for The hopup, i will try to test My CTW under The weekend.
Lets just hope there is no Twist inside My barrel, i just dont have enought power to go thru the insurence thing Again just because of à small "Twist" that makes My bb's go to the right Sad lets just hope it's à hopup thing. Btw i have been searching for The deepfire hopup parts but they are all sold out, so if someone knows Or spots à site where these parts are available please Do tell Me

About The bb's i Think The new mags can handle 30+ bb's before i broke my other CTW i Did use Greendevils 0.28 with no problems

Btw found à very good guide on how to dissasamble/assemble The Hopup Unit [url=Guide]http://www.airsoftsverige.com/V6/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=69021[/url]

Regards/Iskra

20Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Fri May 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Para

Corporal
Corporal

I haven't seen the Deep Fire chamber packing base yet (the brass ring) but I saw Systema original ones, and the only way to mate one with Celcius Reformation II 6.00 barrel woud be by filing something like 1mm off the U-shaped end of it.
The CTW regular "brass ring" has a groove to accept the longer barrel end, while a PTW one doesn't.

Not enough hopup?? P1010455

Not enough hopup?? P1010454

21Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Fri May 20, 2011 7:42 pm

Odin

Major
Major

[quote="Para"]I haven't seen the Deep Fire chamber packing base yet (the brass ring) but I saw Systema original ones, and the only way to mate one with Celcius Reformation II 6.00 barrel woud be by filing something like 1mm off the U-shaped end of it.
The CTW regular "brass ring" has a groove to accept the longer barrel end, while a PTW one doesn't.

I actually grinded the barrel end (where the hop unit sits) so it was even with the hop. Then i did what you said.. grinded about 1mm of the u.shaped end. the barrelkey still wouldnt go "low" enough.. so when i had it in place i had to grind it down.. then sand of the paint on the systema chamber to fit it in the outer barrel!

Iskra, Redwolfairsoft.com should have all the parts in. including the hopup chamber.

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Parts_Systema_PTW_Professional_Training_Weapon_Parts_Systema_Hop_Chamber_Base_for_PTW.htm
http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_AEG_Misc_Gearbox_Parts_Deep_Fire_New_Hop_Up_Chamber_Packing_Base_for_Systema_PTW.htm
http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_AEG_Misc_Gearbox_Parts_Deep_Fire_New_Hop_Up_Hop_Adjuster_Roller_packing_and_Fit_Pin_Steel_for_Systema_PTW.htm
http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_AEG_Misc_Gearbox_Parts_Deep_Fire_New_Hop_Up_Chamber_Packing_for_Systema_PTW.htm
http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_AEG_Hop_Up_Related_Parts_Deep_Fire_New_Hop_Up_Barrel_Key_Steel_for_Systema_PTW.htm

There you go bro! Smile

22Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Sat May 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Thanks for The links Odin completly forgott about redwolf. Ordered everything x2 Smile

Can't we some how write up all The sites that sell CTW/ptw parts/weapons?
Or is there already à post about it? I can't Find it.

Regards/iskra

23Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Sat May 21, 2011 1:26 pm

Odin

Major
Major

Well.. i think there is.. but im thinking of going over to another forum where the moderators actually are active.. this forum is chaos and you cant find anything. Smile

24Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Sat May 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Hehe i tought you were a moderator Odin Smile didn't know there was another CTW "forum"

Regards

25Not enough hopup?? Empty Re: Not enough hopup?? Sat May 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Odin

Major
Major

If i were,i would have cleaned up this forum a LONG time ago! lol.. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum