Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

MX2/PTW airsoft gun

+6
synful
boss
gycu
Zander
Para
samson
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty MX2/PTW airsoft gun Wed May 11, 2011 5:51 pm

samson

samson
Private
Private

I know all of you are looking to the airsoft in sence of aesthetics. To look like a real soldier.
However for me airsoft has been a way to play the game where the main objective is to hit as more oposite players as possible. To gain some success in that, there is a ammount of things that are unneccesary if we look at the CTW/PTW/AEG as a device that shoots BB`s. For expample, parts that are functional in real firearms, but are not in the airsoft devices - to me, they could be gone.
Thus I`ve taken best I could in airsoft field and made a BB shooting device, that has little common in terms of outlook with the real firearm.

So here it goes:
MX2/PTW airsoft gun Ctw-111
MX2/PTW airsoft gun Ctw-210
MX2/PTW airsoft gun Ctw-310
And the one for night games:
MX2/PTW airsoft gun Ctw-410

What do I have here, basically is:

- CTW MX2 lower receiver;
- Systema PTW 2008 Upper with chiselled shell reflector, forward assist and sealed shell port with plastic replica (airosft guns have no shells, no smoke, no heat, nor recoil);
- Custom stock tube with LiPo mod;
- CA collapsable stock;
- Aluminium outer barrel (don`t remember the name, and to me it doesn`t matter as long as it is strong and light. Wink )
- plastic flish hider from toy gun;
- self-made 1-point sling;
- Systema PTW cylinder with mod to meet 125 m/s;
- Systema PTW inner barrel and Hop-up (I found that CTW barrel is not that good despite the fact of 6.01 mm);
- Saber plastic magazine;
- Red Dot for night games.
Altogether I have a rifle that fully loaded weights 2.15 kg. To me it matters if I have to point the enemy as fast as I could.
During the day I play without any aiming devices at all, not even an iron sight. I feel free to hit any object arround me within 20m without any aiming. Or if I have to correct it, I always can use the first BB trail as a traiser/marker. Smile

I know that most of you will not like this, but that is fine with me, since this is my approach to the airsoft. And my rifle can do the same things as the rest ones, it is just simply lighter and thus provides me some advantages in skirmishings. Of course, it is more paintball oriented approach, I agree. But I could not resist the desire to hit the enemy first and to do that I need to look at the things as real as I could.
The same attitude I have towards my equip, I try to take to the ordinary game only the things I need: BB`s, 2/3 mags, loader, Radio, map, pen. To carry that I need as small bearing as possible. I use Alice H-type bearing from 1967 with 2x M16 mag pouches Smile Woodland camo, light army boots, gloves and boonie hat. That`s it.
Enjoy the game! Smile

http://www.airsoftclub.lv

2MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty Re: MX2/PTW airsoft gun Wed May 11, 2011 8:22 pm

Para

Corporal
Corporal

Well, yeah, you can always hit the summit in a helicopter, plant a flag and snap some pics.
Then you can climb the whole mountain, with ropes, tents, food and water, plant a flag and snap some pics.
You'd actually look better in the 1st set of pics... no sunken and weary eyes, cleanly shaved, etc...

http://www.gunsmith.ro

3MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty Re: MX2/PTW airsoft gun Thu May 12, 2011 10:26 am

samson

samson
Private
Private

Para wrote:Well, yeah, you can always hit the summit in a helicopter, plant a flag and snap some pics.
Then you can climb the whole mountain, with ropes, tents, food and water, plant a flag and snap some pics.
You'd actually look better in the 1st set of pics... no sunken and weary eyes, cleanly shaved, etc...
Sorry, what`s your point?

4MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty Re: MX2/PTW airsoft gun Thu May 12, 2011 11:31 am

Zander

Zander
Corporal
Corporal

I just died a little inside. To each his own though...

5MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty Re: MX2/PTW airsoft gun Thu May 12, 2011 11:56 am

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

i think what para wanted to say was is that its just a personal preference, meaning:

- you can put 10 add-ons on your gun, it will make it 2 kg heavier bun you get get a hard on when you use your gun
- or you can play with only your inner_barrel pinned to your gearbox and it can have the same precision.. Very Happy

6MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty Re: MX2/PTW airsoft gun Thu May 12, 2011 12:07 pm

samson

samson
Private
Private

Well, I am not a military/oil industry person, so I have no intention to looke like one, nor I think that it is something special to be one.

Otherwise, play the game you like it Smile

7MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty Re: MX2/PTW airsoft gun Thu May 12, 2011 12:40 pm

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

You should stick to LaserTag ! Airsoft is MilSim not Speedball.

You could do the same thing and optimize your cat-like reflexes with an AEP or G18C

8MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty Re: MX2/PTW airsoft gun Thu May 12, 2011 2:59 pm

synful

Private
Private

if i saw that on a field......id laugh to hard then just repeatedly shoot you lol.

9MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty Re: MX2/PTW airsoft gun Fri May 13, 2011 11:47 am

samson

samson
Private
Private

boss wrote:You should stick to LaserTag ! Airsoft is MilSim not Speedball.

You could do the same thing and optimize your cat-like reflexes with an AEP or G18C

Airsoft is not MilSim, at least not always. AEP does not make the same responce/precission/power.

LaserTag is not so popular arround my nebourhood. Smile

Last edited by samson on Fri May 13, 2011 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

10MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty Re: MX2/PTW airsoft gun Fri May 13, 2011 11:48 am

samson

samson
Private
Private

synful wrote:if i saw that on a field......id laugh to hard then just repeatedly shoot you lol.

You are wellcome! Smile

11MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty Re: MX2/PTW airsoft gun Fri May 13, 2011 1:36 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Airsoft is milsim. The army used airsoft weapons for training. The systema mil le ptws. Its mil sim cause is the most realistic for civilians. But to each there own. I get what this members saying why he did what he did it makes sense. I personally believe in praticallity so I keep my guns looking and acting realistic as possible but also light. So I get him. May not believe in all of it persoanlly but I respect what he's doing. Its different and nothing wrong wit that

12MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty Re: MX2/PTW airsoft gun Fri May 13, 2011 2:37 pm

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

"nothing wrong with it" does not equal "right"

It would be interesting to see what happens when that exposed outer barrel gets whacked hard on something without the benefit of a handguard to take the impact.

The filing on the upper looks craptastic, the least that could be done is to use a Dremel, some metal files and or some Devcon putty to make it look half decent as opposed to the ghetto hack job that has been done to it. If you're really going for weight reduction and agility why do you have that clunky METAL CTW mag ? A PMAG shell or Vanaras is waaaaay lighter.

At best it is a hackjob under the pre-tense of practicality, i for one don't get it or buy into it.

At least NO ONE will want to steal it.

13MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty Re: MX2/PTW airsoft gun Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:17 pm

Chambers

Recruit
Recruit

This guy is a true IDIOT!

14MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty Re: MX2/PTW airsoft gun Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Robin040

Robin040
Private
Private

OMFG!!!

Haha!!! What have you done?! LMFAO

15MX2/PTW airsoft gun Empty Re: MX2/PTW airsoft gun Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:49 pm

mchausd

Private
Private

I hate to sound like "that guy" but you are stupid. Im sorry but what were you thinking?!?!?! you spend money on an awesome gun out of the box only to make it look like a 10 dollar gun you bought at walmart?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum