Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

CTW - Mini Review

+3
3benny3
USAM
viking
7 posters

Do you own a CTW ?

CTW - Mini Review Vote_lcap59%CTW - Mini Review Vote_rcap 59% [ 16 ]
CTW - Mini Review Vote_lcap11%CTW - Mini Review Vote_rcap 11% [ 3 ]
CTW - Mini Review Vote_lcap30%CTW - Mini Review Vote_rcap 30% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 27

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CTW - Mini Review Empty CTW - Mini Review Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:32 pm

viking

viking
Recruit
Recruit

My Celcius CTW with the new ECU, new gearbox, new motor and the new ported barrel works awesome. I have used it for a few days and in one game and it held up fine without any issues. I only had it double fire a couple of times during the all day game. ( probably bcos of the battery I am using ). The new ported barrel has improved the accuracy and range a lot compared to the stock non-ported barrel.

I use MAG 170 rounders and Saber 120 rounders and they both work fine. I use a 11.1V 2200 mAH battery ( would not recommend this battery as suggested by manufacturer ).

Here is my setup:
CTW - pre-prod model with new ECU, new gearbox, new motor and ported brass tightbore barrel.
DD - 9" rail ( It was a pain to take out the stock hand guard )
Crane Stock
11.1V 2200 mAH Lipo battery

I also bought an extra cylinder and some APS2 springs. I will be installing the APS2 spring into the cylinder and tune the cylinders to the following levels:
Cylinder 1 - 380 fps with 0.25g ( Our CQB limits )
Cylinder 2 - 425 fps with 0.25g ( Woodland limits )

The APS2 springs are a little thicker than the stock springs and one of cylinder blows a fuse everytime I use the APS2 spring. I just ordered Systema PTW M130 and M110 from redwolf. They should be here tomorrow. I will post more pics and update on using the Systema springs and FPS levels.

Two of us have these CTWs and are very happy with them so far. I would say if you get the newer version of the CTW you will be happy and it definitely beats the Systema PTW.

I will try and get some pics later tonight.

Feel free to ask any questions and I can help.

Here is my CTW ... I will be posting more pics and information soon.
CTW - Mini Review Celcius-ptw1

Viking

2CTW - Mini Review Empty Re: CTW - Mini Review Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:59 pm

USAM

USAM

The CTW really does seem to be superior to the PTW. The finish on the newer CTWs is much more durable. They are more accurate than the PTW, and other than that, generally the same performance-wise.

Have fun and Game on!

-Brandon

http://usamteam.webs.com

3CTW - Mini Review Empty Re: CTW - Mini Review Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:09 pm

3benny3

3benny3
Admin
Admin

Thanks for your review, and welcome to the forums!

http://www.silentangelsairsoft.webs.com

4CTW - Mini Review Empty Re: CTW - Mini Review Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:39 am

viking

viking
Recruit
Recruit

Update:

Systema M130 and M110 springs fit perfect in the cylinder but the FPS didn't really go up with the M130.

I get 340fps with 0.28s ( i.e. ~400 with 0.2 ). I know the M130 are rated close to 420 fps with 0.2s but I am not getting those fps.

I even tried teflon tape sealing the front end but not much there. I need to check the orings and make sure there are no air leaks ..

But with 0.25 or 0.28s the gun works awesome even at 340 fps. The range is about 200 ft with good accuracy .. I love the quick trigger response and how solid the gun is.

Made the following new updates to the CTW:
1. Installed a hex screw based front pin .. The gun is rock solid after this no wobble or anything.
2. Installed a WA sling mount
3. Upgraded both my cylinders using M130 PTW springs

This is my primary weapon from now on ...

I already sold like 3 guns from my stock as I don't see using other AEGs much.

Here is a pic of what I have left... in my arsenal.
CTW - Mini Review PICT0166

5CTW - Mini Review Empty Re: CTW - Mini Review Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:56 pm

airsoftmatthias

Recruit
Recruit

To Viking: Why do you not recommend the 11.1v 2200 mAh Li-Po?

Back to the mini-review: Thanks for that quick review. I plan on purchasing a Celcius CTW, 2 Celcius batteries, Celcius Charger, and 8 Celcius Mags along with a steel flash-hider from http://usamteam.webs.com/apps/webstore/ around Christmas. However, if I manage to sell a very expensive item on eBay soon... I might actually opt out and buy a SCK MAX 2008 from EmpireAirsoft with the extra money...

6CTW - Mini Review Empty Re: CTW - Mini Review Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:34 pm

3benny3

3benny3
Admin
Admin

All of the batteries I have used 1300mah to 2200mah all do the same except that the higher the mah the longer it last and the higher the "c" (discharge rate) the faster it shoots.

http://www.silentangelsairsoft.webs.com

7CTW - Mini Review Empty New Owner of CTW Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:08 pm

J.S.Archer

Recruit
Recruit

Hay I,em a lucky owner of CTW i have yust bought one today after painful exsperiance wit the cops. But any how the AEG is 2 month old. And now I,m wondering wher to register the owner ship for the suport from the Celcius i was lucking on the google but did,t find anithing for the registracion this forum sims cool.

I olsow want to apologise on may speling it,s bean 12 years seans i left the scool sou nou practis at all.

O.K First off all i wont to register the gun on the oficial site.

Second i ordered 11,1C 1200mah 20C Fire fox for the gun stock fires 360FPS with 0,20g BB. I intent to change the spring so the AEG will have abaut 400-440 FPS with 0,20g BB that is the limit in the club.

I will be hapey if i get any hellp from you guys.

BTW i put on the aimpoint and the M203 i got 3 mid caps for it and im lucking foward to tray it on the fild this Saturday.

Have nice day.

8CTW - Mini Review Empty Re: CTW - Mini Review Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:41 pm

Obi

Recruit
Recruit

Hi. I am from Portugal and I am buying one of these very soon. I am just waiting for an answer of the shop to know if the version of the CTW that they have is the new version.

If it is the new version I'll buy it. The hard thing to find here is the magazines...

I'll order the CTW from italy, but I don't know where to find magazines. The shop where I am buying from does not have any.

I just found them in a polish shop but with shipping, 2 magazines - 120 rounds, would cost me 130 dollars...

9CTW - Mini Review Empty Re: CTW - Mini Review Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:41 am

miguel perez

Recruit
Recruit

obi,

try asking to the next mail:

info@celcius-sab.com

send a mail for quotations and questions

they are from spain, and they are selling the new review of ctw. I know people that says very good works for it.

also they sell mags and the rest from celcius.

they are the only company based in Europe that only sells
Celcius.

Regards

Piquito

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum