Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have orderd a ctw cqb X-max and all the review i have read have some problem.

+2
FAST 5
bula
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bula

Recruit
Recruit

with the ECU, how many of yours ctw has broken down?
im starting to wonder if i had make a mistake and not orderd a PTW instead.
please make me calm and say that some of yours ctw has no problems and going strong.

Thanks

FAST 5

FAST 5
Private
Private

bula wrote:with the ECU, how many of yours ctw has broken down?
please make me calm and say that some of yours ctw has no problems and going strong.

My CTW is running just fine, it was one of the first edition shipped to the u.s. to evike.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FAST/111832725495339

Hyu

Private
Private

1) my brand new ctw is running fine so far after having my motor replaced and magazine fixed.

2) the engineer also had the gearbox shimmed with metal rings at the bottom to raise the gearbox up assuring better gear contacts with the cylinder teeth.

3) also added a extra metal O ring near the mosfet device to prevent the cylinder from wobbling too much when firing. (advised by the tech engineer)
(so now i have 4 Metal O rings instead of 3 which came with the gun already).

Just ordered the 500 fps cylinder & 400 spring which will be arriving hopefully next week.

if i find any more problems i'll let u guys know.

4I have orderd a ctw cqb X-max and all the review i have read have some problem. Empty Hyu pictures please !?!?!?! Wed May 05, 2010 2:51 pm

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

Hyu,

Can you kindly post pictures of the mods/adjustments made to your CTW ?

I'm sure people would appreciate it !

5I have orderd a ctw cqb X-max and all the review i have read have some problem. Empty ECU PROBLEMS Wed May 05, 2010 8:34 pm

james

Recruit
Recruit

Hello, i have a new ctw, replaced by the salesman and until now works just fine.First thing very important in the ctw: never use batery from systema ptw its not compatible, ONLY USE LIPO 11,1 V 1200 20 c,(Celsius, Firefox, Hotpower, etc) thats the most important in this gun,Second thing important is the fact when you start fire with gun in single shot, sometimes you have 2, 3 bbs come out, but dont worry , you have to calibrate the hop-up and that´s ok.For last, the mags, i try Celcius, Systema mags and Mag, for me the most compatible is Celsius and Systema, the Mag works well but have tendency to jump, you have to make atention with this.That´s all for now,Cheers

bula wrote:with the ECU, how many of yours ctw has broken down?

Thanks

Hyu

Private
Private

will using the Li-Po 11.1V 12C (Firefox 3 cell) really damage the CTW?

The agent told me to ONLY use the 20C, but i was wondering why Celcius will sell the 12C on their own website?

Boss, i'll post some photos this weekend when i get a chance.

Thanks

7I have orderd a ctw cqb X-max and all the review i have read have some problem. Empty Lipo Thu May 06, 2010 8:27 am

james

Recruit
Recruit

Hello, the celcius ctw consumes very energy, you cant put this lipo 11,1 V 12 C with normal cilinder, but if you put a cilinder with 400 fps or more, the battery can damage the gun .With the normal cilinder this battery dont last much time,the problem with the ecu is when the battery is weak and this can damage the ecu , thats the problem of the baterys of ptw systema .A lipo battery 11,1 V 1200 amp 20 c, is much better and durable.Sorry my poor english. i hope you understand.

bula

Recruit
Recruit

thanks for all answers. cant wait to the swedish custom has relesed my gun.

andytheswede

Recruit
Recruit

So basically any lip-po 11,1 with stronger c than 12 will do?

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

andytheswede wrote:So basically any lip-po 11,1 with stronger c than 12 will do?

The questions about which lipo will work is NOT in regard to the voltage. It's about the current, or AMPerage, the battery can provide.

To determine the AMPs a Lipo can produce use the following formula:

capacity(mAh)/1000 X C-Rating(C) = amperage(AMP)

Celcius 11.1V 1200mAh 20C:
12000mah/1000 X 20C = AMPs
1.2 X 20 = 24AMPs

Celcius 11.1V 1200mAh 12C:
1200mAh/1000 X 12C = AMPs
1.2 X 12 = 14.4AMPs

It has been posted on other forums that Systema PTWs need 25-30AMPs nominal for regular operation. If we make the assumption that the CTW motor/electronics are of lower efficiency one might also assume it needs MORE than 25-30AMPs for nominal operations. If you make those assumptions then EVEN THE CELCIUS 20C BATTERY does not provide enough current (AMPs).

Not providing the motor with enough current will:
• overwork the motor as it will strain to turn without enough current
• overworking the motor causes heat
• this heat will eventually damage the motor

That in turn causes the motor to "draw" the max current from the battery:
• pulling max amps from the battery is similar to having it under burst/peak draw ALL THE TIME which leads to ... HEAT
• heat can damage the cells
• I have read that the 1200mAh/20C only lasts about 600 shots HALF of waht it would do in a normal AEG
• working batteries under max current draw can discharge them under 3.0V minimum voltage ... DESTROYING THE BATTERY

It has also been said, though not definitively proven, that not providing enough voltage can damage the the electronics board/MOSFET

Because of all these limitations I purchased a nunchuk style battery that fits easily in the Crane stock tubes from CheapBatteryPacks.com which is 11.1V 2200mAh 25C 55AMPs ... more than enough current for the PTW and less efficient CTW. The only drawback I have heard of so far was from an Electrical Engineer/Airsofter from Univ. of Conneticut who warned that the motor brushes might wear out faster ... so I ordered spares.

andytheswede

Recruit
Recruit

hmm
it would be interesting to find out if the ctw actually is less efficient.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum