Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

how to remove celcius ctw motor to install new mosfet?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

i need to replace my mosfet

Para

Corporal
Corporal

This belongs to CTW Internals sub-forum, not here !!!

But then, here you go:
1. Crank the gun, push the pivot pin, release upper from lower receiver, so you have a smaller piece to handle.
2. Open buttstock and remove the battery.
3. Turn it upside-down, remove the 4 screws holding the motor butt-plate, remove the butt-plate and pull the grip out.
4. Use a soldering iron to detach the two wires from the motor.
5. Loosen the buffer tube cap by inserting the tip of a screwdriver in the center hole and gently pushing it sideways. Remove the tube cap.
6. Push the bolt-catch retaining pin out, and remove the bolt-catch and its spring.
7. Gently remove the plastic wire cover that runs front-to back along the left side of the gearbox.
8. Pull the ECU straight up and disconnect the 4-wire plug that runs to the MOSFET unit.
9. Take note which side the longer motor wire goes through, then pull them out and extract the MOSFET unit from the buffer tube.

Reassembly is the reverse order of the above.

Be very careful handling the soldering iron on the motor. All screws in the brush area are plastic, and prone to melt if you're not fast enough. Then watch the routing of the 4 wires towards the ECU in the area of the take-down pin. You run the risk of catching them between the receivers and shorting them.

Best of luck.

http://www.gunsmith.ro

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

they're both the same length.can i cut one of the wires to make it shorter?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum