Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

celcius ctw motor

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1celcius ctw motor Empty celcius ctw motor Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:12 am

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Right ive just got a broken ctw and yes i know they are plagued etc but ive got an issue with the motor. When adding a battery directly too the brushes themselves it works and spins fine, but when i add the battery to the tabs where the wires should be soldered i get no power whatsoever, ive also set it up in the gun and it didnt work. Not sure on the issue here so if anybody could help id be grateful. joe

also not sure what the positive and negative are on the motor nor the guns wiring so dont want to start wiring it up and blow the fet.

2celcius ctw motor Empty Re: celcius ctw motor Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:15 am

Sunray

Major
Major

Its a new one on me - if it works OK on the brushes, but not on the connectors I would hazard a guess and say the motor is FUBAR!!

The 2 items are linked together so I would imagine they are not connecting somewhere.

Sorry I cant be of more use

3celcius ctw motor Empty Re: celcius ctw motor Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:18 am

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Surely the motor cant be buggered if its running fine via the brushes though? It did try to go a few times via the tabs but wouldnt turn fully. The brushes were flat also and not concave to conform to the comm, could that have an effect?

Also how can i find out the positive and negative of both the motor and the wires?

4celcius ctw motor Empty Re: celcius ctw motor Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:42 am

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Motor is now good, was a dodgey connection. still dont know positive and negative on the gun nor motor so helo with that would be cool.

5celcius ctw motor Empty Re: celcius ctw motor Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Figured that out too with help from a technician over the phone. Now it keeps popping fuses. Ive gone through 3 and havent fired a shot yet..... beggining to wish i hadnt traded this now. Sad

6celcius ctw motor Empty Re: celcius ctw motor Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Sunray

Major
Major

Stick with it - if you got it for a sensible price then buy yourself a new MOSFET and ECU (approx £130) for the 2 and you will have a great gun as the mechanics are pretty good and the new electronics are getting very good.

Feel the force young Jedi cheers

7celcius ctw motor Empty Re: celcius ctw motor Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

In fact ive spent out quite alot already.

Get blue led on, pull trigger, motor wires jolt then fuse blows without a turn of the motor. What could be the issue?

8celcius ctw motor Empty Re: celcius ctw motor Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:15 pm

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

The gun Joe is having was mine. I tested before shipment with a working ctw motor and it worked just fine - no blown fuse. It does not sound like the motor is the problem - if its working fine on the battery directly, it should work within the gun too.

It could be some shortage somewhere, double check so the wires does not touch each other.

9celcius ctw motor Empty Re: celcius ctw motor Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

As you say though mate, if you tested it before sending how can it short out in transit, the rear circuit board doesnt look too clever to me, theres brown residue on some solder joints but that could be flux? Im going deeper tomorow but need to know what to look for other than shorts.

10celcius ctw motor Empty Re: celcius ctw motor Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Checked for shorts and there were none whatsoever. All i noticed was that the trigger micro switch had no click to it, it seemed jammed in or out, could this blow fuse after fuse?

11celcius ctw motor Empty Re: celcius ctw motor Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:05 am

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

After remiving the boards and looking them over i can see nothing other than poor soldering. After popping more fuses testing im now getting a very dim blue led when in fire mode so guessing there is yet more wring with this damn thing. Im seriously pissed off too say the least

12celcius ctw motor Empty Re: celcius ctw motor Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:19 am

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Video showing the poor solder job and some could be problem spots. Fed up with it now and am going to have to spend yet more money on it for etiny boards.

https://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=https://vid1096.photobucket.com/albums/g324/josear02/20120418_141754.mp4

13celcius ctw motor Empty Re: celcius ctw motor Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Sunray

Major
Major

The LED is dimmable so dont panic on that front.

Ref the trigger switch, although sloppy it looks pretty standard. Contact JD airsoft in Cannock or Badger Tac in Oxfordshire as they should have replacements in stock and there not a lot of cash.

cheers

14celcius ctw motor Empty Re: celcius ctw motor Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

But it was bright at one point then went dim. The electrics are dead, im not bothering and im just going to save for the etiny stuff, the fets are poorly soldered as are alot of the electrics there so im just replacing the lot when funds permit me too. Fed up with pissing around with it. Lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum