Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

how to remove ctw buffer tube cap?

+2
Koyote
vltor
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1how to remove ctw buffer tube cap?  Empty how to remove ctw buffer tube cap? Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:09 pm

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

there isnt a hex screw hole in the center. just a circular hole in the center. i need to replace my mosfet but i can get to it without removing the cap

2how to remove ctw buffer tube cap?  Empty Re: how to remove ctw buffer tube cap? Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:55 pm

Koyote

Koyote
Private
Private

Use needle nose pliers...only thing I could think of when I had to replace my fuse.

3how to remove ctw buffer tube cap?  Empty Re: how to remove ctw buffer tube cap? Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:33 pm

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

also another question how do you guys pull the delta ring down? this thing was so hard to remove the hand guard it made me sweat

4how to remove ctw buffer tube cap?  Empty Re: how to remove ctw buffer tube cap? Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:53 pm

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

ok i got the buffert ube cap out, how do i remove my mosfet?

5how to remove ctw buffer tube cap?  Empty Re: how to remove ctw buffer tube cap? Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:11 am

nickeidorff

Private
Private

You need to remove your buffer tube. just unscrew the tube and watch out for the wireing.
and small spring for thr lock pin.

6how to remove ctw buffer tube cap?  Empty Re: how to remove ctw buffer tube cap? Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:52 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

If your replacing the mosfet as you stated you must take of the hand grip desolder the motor then after you took buffer cap off should be able to pull it out. Don't have to remove buffer tube for that, just have the stock off before you pull the mosfet out as you need to feed the power cables out. Also I can't remember if the ecu lead cord can be discconnected from the mosfet ot if you have to do that from ecu. Then just do reverse to put back in

7how to remove ctw buffer tube cap?  Empty Re: how to remove ctw buffer tube cap? Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:08 am

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant

hey if you need a mosfet i am selling a new one that i put in my gun 2 weeks ago but now i am parting my gun out so if you need anything let me know. but to take it out you need to remove the wires connected to the motor and cut off the solder and pull out the ecu and pull out the cable.

8how to remove ctw buffer tube cap?  Empty Re: how to remove ctw buffer tube cap? Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

i am looking for a new mosfet but has to be 2011 version.

do i have to desolder the two silver wires on the mosfet? im assuming they are from the motor. i just got this in used last friday and its the first ive ever laid eyes or touched a ctw. so im a noobie

i already removed the buffer tube cap just need to kno how to remove mosfet

9how to remove ctw buffer tube cap?  Empty Re: how to remove ctw buffer tube cap? Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:32 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

The easiest way to not mess things up ( not sayin you will) is to desolder the wires on the motor but take note which is pos and neg and then pull the mosfet out and replace backwards. That's the easiet way and the way I do it. Pretty quick and simple.

10how to remove ctw buffer tube cap?  Empty Re: how to remove ctw buffer tube cap? Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Para

Corporal
Corporal

I can repair your unit, or I can trade a pristine whole functional unit for your faulty ono. Worth a try... probably will cost too much, since I'm in Europe... but then, two weeks ago besides replacing transistors, I had to swap a guy's ECU because it was frying one of the FETs by "forgetting" to close it when opening the active braking.
Feel free to hit me with a PM, tho' Smile

http://www.gunsmith.ro

11how to remove ctw buffer tube cap?  Empty Re: how to remove ctw buffer tube cap? Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:09 pm

vltor

Sargeant
Sargeant

when i buy a new mosfet from evike, are those silver wires pre-soldered to the chip?

12how to remove ctw buffer tube cap?  Empty Re: how to remove ctw buffer tube cap? Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:17 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

If I'm not mistaken. I can't remember been awhile and systema electronics are different. Mosfet comes presoldered for the wires to run to the motor. The ecu leads are plug in. I would check right now for you but my celcius is still at hotspot. Its very easy to do. Just take your time and have paitence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum