Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blue light comes on, gun doesn't fire

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blue light comes on, gun doesn't fire Empty Blue light comes on, gun doesn't fire Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:29 pm

Otter

Private
Private

Hey guys, so my gun was shooting fine for a while, but now it's doing this thing where the blue light comes on, but the gun will not fire. It makes a really high-pitched noise but the motor will not rotate. The high pitched noise sounds like just the normal electronic ringing noise, like what you hear when a crt monitor would turn on. I've cleaned the optical sensor and the two holes on the sector gear. Before it stopped firing at all, it was shooting 3 rounds on semi and full, and the motor would start to pull for a 4th shot, but then it would sound like a normal version 2 gearbox without the anti-reversal latch. My theory is that the ECU is toast- do you guys have any thoughts?

http://www.airsoftvt.com

Sunray

Major
Major

I'd have to agree with you, unless the gearbox has locked up which could also be the cause of the problem.

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

There are a few more possibilities, besides the ECU:

- the mosfets could be burned (imagine the active braking mosfet always on - the motor will always be forced to start and stop at the same time) - this often occurs with the heating the motor and making the sound you described, along with the smell of burned electronics (that comes between the motor collector and the brushes - this can damage the collector btw)
- this could be a motor problem only (not very likely but still possible): the brushes don't make a good contact with the collector, meaning you can have a broken brush spring, or the brushes may have worn out - you may need to change them

ps: tac has some very good and lasting custom brush springs at about 5$ or so - they are much stronger than original ctw/ptw ones..

Please keep us posted..

Cheers

Otter

Private
Private

Hmm. Okay. So I didn't smell any burning electronics, but it did sound like active breaking was not working. I'll check the brushes on the motor, I think I even have an extra set around here somewhere...

I can move the helical gear to the right of the sector gear, so I don't think that the gearbox is locked up.

How many parts are there to the ECU as a whole? 3? If so, how would I go about figuring out which part is dead?

Thanks guys! Oddly enough, these minor setbacks are kind of awesome. It's making me learn the ins and outs of this gun! Your help is awesome! cheers

Otter

Private
Private

A new turn of events! I took the grip off to change the brushes, etc. and decided to check the motor. I turned the coil manually a little bit and fired, and the gun cycled and stopped. I tried it again, and I could get a shot every few times I would manually spin it. I'm going to try to replace the brushes now, but does this mean that my motor is fried?

CDR

Private
Private

Otter wrote:A new turn of events! I took the grip off to change the brushes, etc. and decided to check the motor. I turned the coil manually a little bit and fired, and the gun cycled and stopped. I tried it again, and I could get a shot every few times I would manually spin it. I'm going to try to replace the brushes now, but does this mean that my motor is fried?

if you change the brushes and it still does it, then yes ur motor is done.

Sunray

Major
Major

Does sound like the motor Im afraid- all PTWs and CTWs have motor issues, just be thankful that a CTW motor is about £80 and a PTW's is about £190!!!!!
cheers

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

The motor can be fixed but I recommend the tack mod.

Sunray

Major
Major

How much is the Tack mod? Thinking about getting it done myself

10Blue light comes on, gun doesn't fire Empty Re: Blue light comes on, gun doesn't fire Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:31 am

Sunray

Major
Major

How much is the Tack mod? Thinking about getting it done myself

11Blue light comes on, gun doesn't fire Empty Re: Blue light comes on, gun doesn't fire Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:07 am

The Reptile House

The Reptile House
Recruit
Recruit

Sunray wrote:How much is the Tack mod? Thinking about getting it done myself

Normally £90

http://www.systema-ptw.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=3546

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum