Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

whinny motor

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1whinny motor Empty whinny motor Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:50 am

ray

Recruit
Recruit

hello all. I have a 2 month old new version of ctw. I noticed that the motor appeared to be whining /making a funny sound every time it fires. The shop where I bought this said its due the spring recoiling. I certainly think it is something other than that. The gun is firing properly though but the noise is pretty much annoying and I can feel it vibrates. Thanks in advance for the inputs.

2whinny motor Empty Re: whinny motor Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:28 pm

SPONGE

Corporal
Corporal

That would be because the motor is unwinding, and you need it rewound. A guy on the PTW forums named Tackleberry does rewinding and mods of the motor to make it last longer for 82euros.

3whinny motor Empty Re: whinny motor Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:10 pm

SPONGE

Corporal
Corporal

i noticed my motor vibrating a little more then normal today too, but there isn't any whining. It sounds clean.

4whinny motor Empty Re: whinny motor Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:37 pm

CTW_Reloaded

Private
Private

+1 on tackleberry. heard a lot of good stuff about that guy. he's located in UK and he does motor work, ECU waterproofing and more.
turn around time is quite a wait for he's busy. i suggest have him do not only the motor but all the problem that u are experiencing with your CTW.

5whinny motor Empty Re: whinny motor Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:04 pm

SPONGE

Corporal
Corporal

I dont play in the rain with either my CTW or PTW even if it is water proofed! Too expensive do get a tad bit wet and then ruin the electronics... Thats why i have a backup standard aeg! Very Happy

6whinny motor Empty Re: whinny motor Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:19 am

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

SPONGE wrote:I dont play in the rain with either my CTW or PTW even if it is water proofed! Too expensive do get a tad bit wet and then ruin the electronics... Thats why i have a backup standard aeg! Very Happy

Waterproof your boards yourself ... lookup CorrosionX. I use it on RC boat servos, electronic speed controls, handheld radios, $300 RC transmitters and of course the boards in my CTW (for sale) and my PTW

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum