Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

CTW Issues

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CTW Issues Empty CTW Issues Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:47 pm

Husky 55

Recruit
Recruit

So I just received a CTW from another member who, before shipping, said it worked flawlessly. Unfortunately, it is having a few issues right now since I got it. When I load a magazine, place it in the gun, and slap the bolt catch, I am only able to get about 10 rounds or so out before the blue light starts flashing. I know usually flashing blue light means dead battery, but I used two, well charged 11.1v lipos, and it did this on both batteries. After the gun starts flashing, I have to take out the mag, put it back in, switch from semi to safe back to semi before I can shoot again and the light goes from flashing to solid. Not only that, but after going to the second battery, a 11.1v 1200 mah 20c lipo that was 3/4 full, I held down the bolt catch and the battery drained in less than 10 seconds... Let me know whats up if you know. Thanks for the help.

2CTW Issues Empty Re: CTW Issues Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:05 pm

venom

Private
Private

I belive the problem is your ECU or you have somewhere a short circuit ... becouse when is a short circuit the battery is drain out ... of cource the short circuit can be in ECU becouse if was any problem whit the wires you should see any sparks or smoke ... or black areas on the body where the short circuit was

3CTW Issues Empty Re: CTW Issues Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Odin

Major
Major

Like Venom said.. probably the ECU, do you have the old ECU or the newest one?

4CTW Issues Empty Re: CTW Issues Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Husky 55

Recruit
Recruit

The seller said that a 2010 ECU had been installed.

5CTW Issues Empty Re: CTW Issues Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Odin

Major
Major

Husky 55 wrote:The seller said that a 2010 ECU had been installed.

Multiple shots in semi may be caused by an obstruction on the optical sensor, remove the board and swab the sensors with a rubbing alcohol soaked cue tip or something similar. To do so push the bolt catch pin and remove the bolt catch , then pull out the black plastic wire shield , then the board will simply pull right out ... Try this and let me know if it works. Smile

6CTW Issues Empty Re: CTW Issues Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:59 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Check the sector gear holes too. That's prown to dirt etc. Also as stated prob the ecu or in some cases the motors fried and is still sucking power to turn. Like an iniatial heavy charge will turn it then it won't turn ya get me. If ya got the money to do so I'd say just buy a new ecu and get the jg motor and it should be good. Also its possible but doubtful as the fuse would pop but could be the mosfet

7CTW Issues Empty Re: CTW Issues Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 pm

Odin

Major
Major

blindmank13 wrote:Check the sector gear holes too. That's prown to dirt etc. Also as stated prob the ecu or in some cases the motors fried and is still sucking power to turn. Like an iniatial heavy charge will turn it then it won't turn ya get me. If ya got the money to do so I'd say just buy a new ecu and get the jg motor and it should be good. Also its possible but doubtful as the fuse would pop but could be the mosfet

Sector gear holes are an excellent tip.. my gears wouldnt align correctly if i opened the receiver until i cleaned the holes, you couldn`t see trough them.. used electronic spray. now its all clean and aligning as its suppose to. But also check what i wrote..

8CTW Issues Empty Re: CTW Issues Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:03 am

HAVOC

Private
Private

When you pull the trigger with the recievers split open to set the gear in the correct position, make sure you do not do not do it in direct sunlight. I had my PTW open at a field and the gears would never stop where they are supposed to. The sun was messing with the sensors. I moved to the shade and the gears were stopping properly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum