Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

planning to buy, have a few questions

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1planning to buy, have a few questions Empty planning to buy, have a few questions Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:56 am

foliagegreen

Recruit
Recruit

hey all. i've been looking to get a CTW M4 and i just have a few questions.

1) can i run a non lipo battery on it? i know celcius only sells lipos and i was wondering if i can use 9.6v nimh on it. i read a review in which the reviewer said he burned up his motor due to the fact that he wasn't running celcius batteries.

2) where in the US can i buy celcius cylinder units? after a quick search i can only find the 350FPS version. i'd like to know where i can get the higher FPS rated cylinders displayed on their website.

3) what are the common issues with it? even though its a clone, its still a big investment so i'd like to know from owners what kind of problems they've experienced with it.

thank you in advance to anyone who answers. i appreciate all the help.

2planning to buy, have a few questions Empty Re: planning to buy, have a few questions Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:47 am

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

Hey Foliage Green ...

>>> 1) can i run a non lipo battery on it? i know celcius only sells lipos and i was wondering if i can use 9.6v nimh on it. i read a review in which the reviewer said he burned up his motor due to the fact that he wasn't running celcius batteries.

~~~ I've read that people are using Systema 9.6Vs in the CTW Successfully.

>>>>2) where in the US can i buy celcius cylinder units? after a quick search i can only find the 350FPS version. i'd like to know where i can get the higher FPS rated cylinders displayed on their website.

~~~ Evike.com has cylinders you would just have to swap the spring out. I saw it on a video where you just unscrew the end caps and replace the spring.

>>>>3) what are the common issues with it? even though its a clone, its still a big investment so i'd like to know from owners what kind of problems they've experienced with it.

~~~~ The CTW is still too NEW to say what kind of regular spares you need to keep on hand. All I've heard maintenance wise is that you have to keep the barrel clean since it is 6.0

james

Recruit
Recruit

foliagegreen wrote:hey all. i've been looking to get a CTW M4 and i just have a few questions.

1) can i run a non lipo battery on it? i know celcius only sells lipos and i was wondering if i can use 9.6v nimh on it. i read a review in which the reviewer said he burned up his motor due to the fact that he wasn't running celcius batteries.

2) where in the US can i buy celcius cylinder units? after a quick search i can only find the 350FPS version. i'd like to know where i can get the higher FPS rated cylinders displayed on their website.

3) what are the common issues with it? even though its a clone, its still a big investment so i'd like to know from owners what kind of problems they've experienced with it.

thank you in advance to anyone who answers. i appreciate all the help.

Hello,

First of all, you can put a systema 9,6 -1600 V, but only with cilinder with 350 fps, if you put high cilinders, you need more power from the battery.It´s more cheap you buy a lipo from Celcius and works with all cilinders.

2) the issues, i think the most common it´s the problems with the mosfet,the Ecu,motor and the brushes, i have a celcius and a ptw systema, and the big diferences it´s in electronics, Celcius has a long way to go.

4planning to buy, have a few questions Empty CTW issues ... Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:15 am

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

Foliagegreen - if you don't already have an AR-15 Armorers Wrench plan on getting one ... it will make life easier when you are working on your CTW

James - which version CTW do you have ? What specific MOSFET/ECU issues have you had ? I just got mine on Friday and have not fielded it yet and want to know what to look out for !

5planning to buy, have a few questions Empty issues ctw Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:37 pm

james

Recruit
Recruit

James - which version CTW do you have ? What specific MOSFET/ECU issues have you had ? I just got mine on Friday and have not fielded it yet and want to know what to look out for ![/quote]

My ctw version is 11.2009, and the problems came from the mosfet and ecu,
i only shot a few times and the ctw stop.I dont know anyone who has a
ctw who works normally, that´s the true.Unfortunately, has not yet ctw reliability, which is a shame because it is even more beautiful than the ptw celcius and the concept is very good

blacksheep

blacksheep
Recruit
Recruit

Hello guys, I am planning on picking up a CTW this Thursday from someone that bought two of them. Am I going to have any trouble registering it with celcius since I didn't buy it from a retailer? I am getting for a really good price.

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

blacksheep wrote:Am I going to have any trouble registering it with celcius since I didn't buy it from a retailer? I am getting for a really good price.

I can't say for sure I bought from Evike ... I would think that Celcius warranties the AEG. I would call Hotspot or wherever it was originally purchased and ask them what documentation they need for a warranty claim (i.e. original receipts etc.) and get a copy from whoever your are buying from.

I'm waiting for some PTW mags to show up before going out fora field report.

blacksheep

blacksheep
Recruit
Recruit

Alright boss, looking forward to hearing how your works.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum