Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

3 round Burst ECU install mod?

+6
Swiffer
samson
blindmank13
Odin
Iskra
dkorol2008
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

13 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:59 pm

dkorol2008

dkorol2008
Corporal
Corporal

Is there currently anyone with an installed 3rd burst ECU mod?
If yes, can anyone make a vid on how to install it?
How does this mod work? Does it replace your Semi fire or the full auto fire mode?
If you want to change back to single shot/full auto how could you do it with this mod?

https://www.youtube.com/coolstuffreviews

23 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:07 pm

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Yeah Me to i would be very intrested in some kind of guide that helps one thru each step. Btw what parts Do you need Exept The ECU to make it work?

I Think that burst replaces Auto. Thats how it is on some real m16 if i am correct.
Regards/Adrian

33 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:26 pm

Odin

Major
Major

Hi guys, it`s a simple process.

You only need the ECU to get it to work, disconnect ECU,then connect the new one..and you are good to go. You replace the full auto. Smile

43 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:31 pm

dkorol2008

dkorol2008
Corporal
Corporal

Odin wrote:Hi guys, it`s a simple process.

You only need the ECU to get it to work, disconnect ECU,then connect the new one..and you are good to go. You replace the full auto. Smile

You know, how reliable is this ECU ? We need to make sure it can handle the battery etc.

53 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:33 pm

Odin

Major
Major

dkorol2008 wrote:
Odin wrote:Hi guys, it`s a simple process.

You know, how reliable is this ECU ? We need to make sure it can handle the battery etc.

The ECU is produced by the Celcius as an upgrade option for the CTW... so it will hold just aswell as the original ECU.

63 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:22 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Odin we need to check on all of that though. I've seen a burst mosfet from celcius as well so I wonder if that also needs to be replaced. Its possible. I don't know. I barely use full about and I basically get three rounds from the way I rigger pull anyway. Used to it fronm the army lol

73 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:25 pm

Odin

Major
Major

Yeah, i agree... i don`t understand why people spend 70-90bucks+shipping on the 3burst ecu when you can just tap the trigger on full auto. go figure.. lol.. i would say save the money and tap the trigger. Razz

83 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:29 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

My thoughts exactly. For the price you could get more of the combat items you need. But hey its all peoples personal preference

93 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:31 am

samson

samson
Private
Private

Systema PTW has an otpion to solder two electrical contacts thus Burst mode is created by user. No new ECU needed.
I`ve done it on my PTW, so I know for sure it works.

Would such thing possible for CTW?

http://www.airsoftclub.lv

103 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty agree Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:36 pm

dkorol2008

dkorol2008
Corporal
Corporal

I agree, no need to mod if you can just pull the trigger.
Still a cool mod, but a trigger pull will suffice

113 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Swiffer

Swiffer
Corporal
Corporal

Dirt cheap 3rnd burst mod! Save cash -> Tap the trigger!

EPIC you guyes.. ^^

http://http:www.stf-airsoft.webs.com

123 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Zander

Zander
Corporal
Corporal

Is there such a way to disable full auto all together for higher FPS setups?

133 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:16 pm

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

Zander wrote:Is there such a way to disable full auto all together for higher FPS setups?

There is supposed to be 2 ways to do it and both involve disconnecting the signal from the rear microswitch (which activates full auto)activated by the Selector Switch via the slider bar.

1. You can bypass it electronically by wiring another switch (in an accessible location) into the 2nd switch circuit

2. You can modify the slider bar so that it can no longer depress the 2nd switch to activate full auto.

143 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:18 pm

samson

samson
Private
Private

boss wrote:
There is supposed to be 2 ways to do it and both involve disconnecting the signal from the rear microswitch (which activates full auto)activated by the Selector Switch via the slider bar.

1. You can bypass it electronically by wiring another switch (in an accessible location) into the 2nd switch circuit

2. You can modify the slider bar so that it can no longer depress the 2nd switch to activate full auto.

Yeap, the 1st option is identical to what can by applied also to PTW.
2nd is practised in Germany, where it is forbidden to own a full auto toy gun. Smile

So I see the optionality is in abundance. Good!

http://www.airsoftclub.lv

153 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:27 pm

vertex

Recruit
Recruit

boss wrote:2. You can modify the slider bar so that it can no longer depress the 2nd switch to activate full auto.

This is what I've done, and I suggest you consider as an alternative to the quoted suggestion.

Get a replacement selector lever (part GBX-018) which cost about $7-8 bucks and remove the last 3 oe 4 teeth from the selector with a dremmel or just file it down.

It basically does the same thing but since the lever is missing the last few teeth it wont engage the slider so that it depresses the 2nd switch.

The advantage is that you can very easily swap out between the modified and unmodified selector level without having to pull out the gearbox and such. Whole swap can be done in 10-15 seconds.

163 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Para

Corporal
Corporal

I'd leave the teeth alone, since if you start removing them the selector knob can "jump" position relative to the plate. I'd rather remove metal from the area that impacts the 2nd switch.

3-bb-burst is a nice mod. Lack of full-auto spray-and-pray option can get you into higher-fps higher-range setups, that are allowed on the field.

Sadly, the ECU can't be shunt-modded like the Systema one. You'd need the whole unit replaced. I own both, and externally there's no difference... it must be different software loaded inside the pic. Having two ECUs also helps with both peace of mind and troubleshooting. Wink

http://www.gunsmith.ro

173 round Burst ECU install mod? Empty Re: 3 round Burst ECU install mod? Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:11 pm

vertex

Recruit
Recruit

Para wrote:I'd leave the teeth alone, since if you start removing them the selector knob can "jump" position relative to the plate. I'd rather remove metal from the area that impacts the 2nd switch.

Have you tried this mod? If done properly it wont "jump" position. Keep in mind that the selector switch board wont allow for the selector rack gear to "jump". The selector ball/spring will ensure the selector lever doesn't "jump" as well. I'm speaking from experience here.

Personally I would avoid "removing metal from the area that impacts the 2nd switch." As I don't want to have to pull out the gearbox everytime I need to swap out the part. Especially when there's another option that works as well, is easier/quicker to implement and doesn't require I take the gearbox out or risk damage to the wires and ECU, something that even though unlikely is possible everytime you start pulling that gearbox out.

Alas, to each his/her own.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum