Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gear Issues, thoughts?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gear Issues, thoughts? Empty Gear Issues, thoughts? Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:38 pm

HockeyMac

Recruit
Recruit

So I got my CTW ready to go today to test fire and make sure it was good. However when I pulled the trigger on semi, the gear spun got stuck (or so it sounded), and the blue led blinked I believe two times before the whole thing shut down all together. After it didn't work I took out the fuse to see it blown. Easy replacement and the blue LED came back on. I then removed the upper receiver to try dry fire. Now the gear wouldn't align itself correctly, and the two holes were clean. And after a few tries it started to spin continuously on both semi and full until I placed it on safe where it would stop. Oh and to my surprise lol, the gear spins forward. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

2Gear Issues, thoughts? Empty Re: Gear Issues, thoughts? Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:10 pm

Sunday

Recruit
Recruit

check if motor is wired correctly. maybe spinning backwards.

Last edited by Sunday on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling issue)

3Gear Issues, thoughts? Empty Re: Gear Issues, thoughts? Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Madness

Madness
Private
Private

In my experience, When the weapon is open (upper and lower popped apart) the gears WILL SPIN continuously until you put the weapon on safe. I have seen this with 6 different CTW's now. I believe it is the design and I have not been able to stop that. As for it not spinning properly. Ready the weapon, shoot it on semi 3 times. If the teeth are still tall then shoot it on full auto 2 times (1 second on the trigger) It should reset the spin cycle on the gears. Disconnect the battery for 5 min and check that the motor is secure. If all checks out, you should be gtg...

http://www.radairsoft.com

4Gear Issues, thoughts? Empty Re: Gear Issues, thoughts? Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:47 am

HockeyMac

Recruit
Recruit

I'll give that a shot tomorrow morning and let you know of the results. I re-soldered the wires correctly so the gear now spins in the right direction. The timing seems fine yet the gears are up. I will try the 3/2 semi/auto to reset and hopefully that will work. Something interesting I found when the receiver is split is that when a flashlight is shined into the gearbox when on semi, the gears spin continuously until the flashlight is turned off. Hopefully I'll be able to get the gears set correctly before the weekend. Thanks for the tips I'll keep you posted.

5Gear Issues, thoughts? Empty Re: Gear Issues, thoughts? Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:17 am

HockeyMac

Recruit
Recruit

So the few shots on semi followed by the shots on full for a second each did reset the gear to the correct position thank you. Otherwise I've gone through two fuses and certainly many more if I did not know this little trick. Now however, the bbs (bioval .27), are constantly jamming. It shot a few days ago before any of the issues arose, and I cleaned the barrel with some cleaner, and a paper towel wrapped around a cleaning rod about eight times through. Is it the barrel that could be stopping the bbs or something else? Since it did shoot with the right bbs and same barrel.

6Gear Issues, thoughts? Empty Re: Gear Issues, thoughts? Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:56 am

Madness

Madness
Private
Private

My weapon only likes bio bb's... Try it and see if you get different results...

http://www.radairsoft.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum