Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yet again another CTW problem...

+2
gycu
deadlyzach
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yet again another CTW problem... Empty Yet again another CTW problem... Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:10 pm

deadlyzach

deadlyzach
Corporal
Corporal

Well today was going to be my first actual test of the CTW, I drove all the way out to an event today and when i went to fire my CTW i got nothing, blue light was on but it would not fire. I checked the fuse its fine, I tried multiple batteries no difference, i took the grip off and turned the motor a little and it worked but was horribly slow and i mean SLOW ! and then it would stop again until i turned it some more. So the problem is obviously the motor but i was thinking should i get a new ECU as well as motor to stop that Overspin as im pretty sure that had something to do with the motor dieing so quickly ?

2Yet again another CTW problem... Empty Re: Yet again another CTW problem... Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:28 pm

gycu

Sargeant
Sargeant

Just change the motor, there isn't any sign of ECU problem yet.
Also, the motor can be repaired, take a look to the brushes, they wear out pretty quick.. also, until you repair/change the motor, don't fire the gun again, it just forces the motor damage more..

cheers!

3Yet again another CTW problem... Empty Re: Yet again another CTW problem... Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:02 am

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant

Motor needs to be fixed or replaced. The overspin is because the sensor holes are prob dirty clean them out with a toothpick

4Yet again another CTW problem... Empty Re: Yet again another CTW problem... Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:43 pm

deadlyzach

deadlyzach
Corporal
Corporal

I cleaned the censor holes plenty of times, it makes no difference.

5Yet again another CTW problem... Empty Re: Yet again another CTW problem... Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:46 am

Sunray

Major
Major

Ive had the same problem - its the MOSFET board in the back of the stock.

You have one MOSFET telling the motor to spin, and another telling it to go in reverse i.e. stop. If it goes wrong they start to fight each other hence slow motor!!!

(Thanks for Gycu for the heads up on this problem as had me baffled for a few days when it first happened to me).

cheers

6Yet again another CTW problem... Empty Re: Yet again another CTW problem... Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:42 am

deadlyzach

deadlyzach
Corporal
Corporal

why would the gun not fire at all until i turned the motor then ?

7Yet again another CTW problem... Empty Re: Yet again another CTW problem... Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:45 pm

JungleJim

Private
Private

deadlyzach wrote:why would the gun not fire at all until i turned the motor then ?

That would be poor contact with the motor brushes.

8Yet again another CTW problem... Empty Re: Yet again another CTW problem... Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:41 pm

papoose42

Sargeant
Sargeant

Or the fact that your communtor is worn out and needs to be replaced if going to have it fixed send it to tackle berry in England

9Yet again another CTW problem... Empty Re: Yet again another CTW problem... Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:47 am

Trigger

Private
Private

Its your motor bro. I had the same problem before.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum