Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Mags.

+16
[ksk411]-kim
Swiffer
Konbini
gycu
Zander
Iskra
blindmank13
deadeye
shooter77
papoose42
Odin
BLITZ
boss
SPONGE
synful
mitchellz8
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:42 pm

[ksk411]-kim

Recruit
Recruit

Just had a box of saber mags to my new mx2, there is 1 problem, i have to hold on the boltcatch to fire properly Neutral
They fittet my ptw well, so it is okay, but still...
Then i tried some MAG- magasines i once had for my ptw : same problem...
The original mag fires very well.

52Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Odin

Major
Major

Well, now Swiffer and i just tried out the Vanaras metal magazines in my CTW and they have VERY poor fitment. Way to tight.. the welding seams are to big. So to make them fit you will have to grind the edges inside the magwell away,atleast thats what we think might help. Gonna get back to that after we try it out. But it`s either that or grind down the back welds of the mags about 0,5mm or more. My worn in pmag fitted nicely though,abit tighter than on my CTW,but Swiffer`s CTW is brand new.. so the magwell isn`t worn in yet.

So if you`re going to buy Vanaras mags, go for the Pmags.. but if you want the metal magazines i would strongly recommend staying with the original CTW magazines.

Swiffer, if i forgot anything please add it! bounce

53Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Swiffer

Swiffer
Corporal
Corporal

I will have to say that the facts are on the table. The issue is clearly with the Vanaras magazines no doubt(both PMAG type and metal standard M4 type). Very poor fitment and all together too tight for the magwell.

Grinding down the magwell was my first thaught. But why grind down a magwell that souldnt be a issue in the first place, just because the Vanaras magazines clearly are the problem (?).

The Vanaras magazines will have to get the large rubber hammer treatment, and maybe a bit of sanding in some areas. Although this should have never been a issue considering the Vanaras magazines should have been made to better quality and fitment from the start.

All the buyers of the Vanaras magazines should complain to the manufacturer about both the fitment issue and the feeding problems. If you have poor fitment and feeding problems what are you realy left with (?).

Anyone in contact with the manufacturer or somebody that would be able to help make things right for both the people already purchesed these magazines and future buyers??

http://http:www.stf-airsoft.webs.com

54Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty best mags Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:25 am

joem1978

Recruit
Recruit

ive been useing the varness mags and they work great feed with out any problems

55Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:39 am

Odin

Major
Major

joem1978 wrote:ive been useing the varness mags and they work great feed with out any problems

Feeding isnt a issue if you lube and fill them up then empty them again 2-3times. The problem is how the metal ones fit in the magwell. It`s so tight you have to use force to get it in place. The pmags are alot better,mine slides in without problem. Still tight fit though...but atleast they drop out when pushing the mag release and such.

56Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:12 am

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

Swiffer wrote:All the buyers of the Vanaras magazines should complain to the manufacturer about both the fitment issue and the feeding problems. If you have poor fitment and feeding problems what are you realy left with (?).

I have a 2009 PTW SCK and a 2010 CTW and all 8 of my poly Vanaras mags work fine. I can dump all the BBs out in one pull all the way to the follower every time.

Perhaps it is your CTW's fit n finish that's causing your feeding issues ? Is the upper "wobbly" when fully attached by the take-down pins ? Is there a "gap" between upper and lower ? do you have the right shimming on the buffer tube ? Does the cylinder have any play when fully seated ? Are there paint drips in your magwell ? [My CTW was painted then laid on its side so the paint "flowed" to on side of the rail ... so now when I put any optics on it I have to drift the rear sight or zero a red dot/scope to the right]

57Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:20 am

Konbini

Private
Private

Hi Boss
I do have a gap between upper and lower - how can I fix that? The gap is over 0.5mm towards the end of the receiver and normal at the front, so its like a gradient, if you know what i mean. buffer tube shimming? hmmm not sure about that one at all.

btw, anyone know of a place where I can get converted pmags (ya the magpul type)? Just wondering Cool

58Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:15 am

Odin

Major
Major

boss wrote:
Swiffer wrote:All the buyers of the Vanaras magazines should complain to the manufacturer about both the fitment issue and the feeding problems. If you have poor fitment and feeding problems what are you realy left with (?).

I have a 2009 PTW SCK and a 2010 CTW and all 8 of my poly Vanaras mags work fine. I can dump all the BBs out in one pull all the way to the follower every time.

Perhaps it is your CTW's fit n finish that's causing your feeding issues ? Is the upper "wobbly" when fully attached by the take-down pins ? Is there a "gap" between upper and lower ? do you have the right shimming on the buffer tube ? Does the cylinder have any play when fully seated ? Are there paint drips in your magwell ? [My CTW was painted then laid on its side so the paint "flowed" to on side of the rail ... so now when I put any optics on it I have to drift the rear sight or zero a red dot/scope to the right]

Mainly we speak of the Metal mags from Vanaras, my pmags from Vanaras fits very good on my CTW now that i have used them a couple of games. But Swiffers metal mags have to be forced into my magwell...my CTW has no feeding issues/gaps or otherwise other problems. It`s the mag that has poor finish. The feeding can be a issue as when i filled up my mags before a match before i lubed them i noticed that one stopped feeding in the game. So i took it out and tried to push down the "locks" on the mags to empty out the bb`s and nothing happened..them i sprayed some silicone on it and knocked it against a tree,then tried again... fed flawlessly. After that i checked all my mags (10 pmags) and 5 of them need to be lubed to feed after being filled up with bb`s. After i lubed them they work perfect now and fitment is just getting better and better as they are getting worn in. But the metal mags can`t get worn in as it`s just to big welds on them... you prob have to grind some on them. Swiffer will get us an update on the matter to i think.

59Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:16 am

Swiffer

Swiffer
Corporal
Corporal

As stated before the issue is clearly the magazines. Magazines have been tested on multiple rifles showing the same results. Because one batch of magazines fit fine in some rifles does not make it so that all the magazines prodused is made to the same spec and finnish apparently..

Just a fast glance of the magazines show that they are poorly made to spesifications to be able to fit smoothly. Some of the Varanas magazines fit smoother than others, and that is wat first made me aware that it could be a magazine issue.

Again, the original Celcius magazines woorks fine, not even close to having the same issues. This is a brand new magazine in a brand new magwell. And thats the way it should be from the start. Anything else is just no good..

Sidenote:
Getting tired of reading the same "they just have to be worn in" comments all the time. Nothing made to spec should have to be "worn in". They should fit straight out of the box( all of them), if not, they are just not made to decent spec!

60Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Zander

Zander
Corporal
Corporal

Ok, so I think you have established that the metal mags have fit issues in the magwell. What more do you want from us? Take it up with Vanaras. Its pretty well documented that the PMAG versions work better than any other mag, especially for the price.

61Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:37 pm

Konbini

Private
Private

I've recently had phone conversations with RSOV and I have reason to believe that they are also the makers of Vanaras mags. When I talked with the staff they mentioned how it was "their mags" and briefly on "how they made it". So if you guys want to contact Vanaras, contact the peeps at RSOV. I think its a very good route to go.

In the meantime, I'll look into magpul pmag conversions, man those look awesome.

62Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Swiffer

Swiffer
Corporal
Corporal

zander wrote:Ok, so I think you have established that the metal mags have fit issues in the magwell. What more do you want from us? Take it up with Vanaras. Its pretty well documented that the PMAG versions work better than any other mag, especially for the price.
We just want to know if someone have information on who are manufacturing these magazines and if there are more CTW owners out there with the same problems that feel something should be done to get the Varanas magazines with better fitment in the future. I have just spent near 2000NOK on these magazines, and am not happy about it..

I can also confirm that the Varanas magazine internals will not fit inside a original CTW magazine shell without modefication to the transparent plastic of the Varanas magazine internals. Feeding problems issue will also have to be dealt with..

@Konbini
Thanks for the info! We will try to get in touch with RSOV.

Magpul PMAG conversions are GREAT. I have heard someone has done a conversion and made copys..well done!

63Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:46 am

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Hii guys got my Vanaras pmags and one A&K mag the Vanaras pmags fit like a dream in to my magwell they don't wobble at all, but still if you hit the mag release button, they fall out.

now if someone could just help me how i can fit the Vanaras Internal mags into the pmags shell?? i did saw a guide somewhere but cant find it.

regards/Adrian

almost forgott the A&K mags did fit perfectly in my magwell, but i havent had time to shoot, will try them later on

64Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:10 am

Odin

Major
Major

Iskra wrote:Hii guys got my Vanaras pmags and one A&K mag the Vanaras pmags fit like a dream in to my magwell they don't wobble at all, but still if you hit the mag release button, they fall out.

now if someone could just help me how i can fit the Vanaras Internal mags into the pmags shell?? i did saw a guide somewhere but cant find it.

regards/Adrian

almost forgott the A&K mags did fit perfectly in my magwell, but i havent had time to shoot, will try them later on

You got the internals and externals seperately? :/ in that case just remove the bottom of the mag and slide in the internal mag into the shell. Very Happy

65Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:31 am

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Hii Odin. No i bought them that way. All the pmag was out of stock so i bought The last 10 pmag shells rsov had Smile and bought The internal seperatly.

So Odin i should put them thru The bottom and not thru The top? (if i put them in from The top They get stuck halfway down in The shell)

Regards/Adrian

I Think i read somewhere that you should grind The internals to make them fit inside. But thats just maybe With The real pmags?

66Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:31 am

Odin

Major
Major

Iskra wrote:Hii Odin. No i bought them that way. All the pmag was out of stock so i bought The last 10 pmag shells rsov had Smile and bought The internal seperatly.

So Odin i should put them thru The bottom and not thru The top? (if i put them in from The top They get stuck halfway down in The shell)

Regards/Adrian

I Think i read somewhere that you should grind The internals to make them fit inside. But thats just maybe With The real pmags?

Dude, sorry.. i was tired when i wrote that.. you do slide them in from the top! lol! just remember to have the foam thing under the mag so it stops and locks it in place. If you can`t figure it our i will take some pictures explaining it for you cheers

67Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:18 pm

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Hehe Np Odin, sure if you have time Do please post some pic. Because i Think i have to grind My vanaras Internal mags to get them in Smile

Regards/Adrian

68Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Swiffer

Swiffer
Corporal
Corporal

Intresting..is your CTW brand new or is the magwell worn in due to repeated use Iskra?

69Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Hii it is brand new, But i have used a dremel to grind a bit in The magwell, still didn't Do any difference With The steel mags from vanaras, had to use force to get them in so i abonded The idee With steel mags and bought The pmags Smile lets just hope they don't missfeed With internal mag in place Smile

Regards/Adrian

70Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:40 am

Swiffer

Swiffer
Corporal
Corporal

Okey, thank you for for the info Iskra. Very helpful to me!

71Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Swiffer

Swiffer
Corporal
Corporal

Got some news from Odin today, and RSOV is aware of the fitment problems. They will get on the matter!

I have found out that the fitment issue is close to minor though. I had to use a hammer to hit the highspots on the sides where the welds are (carefully), and some of the highspots that were rubbing on the other sides of the magazine aswell. The magazines now slide in and out okey, but not as perfect I would have liked them to do straight out of the box! They also lock in place and release okey now too. So for now I`m happy with that..

72Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:40 pm

wittao

Recruit
Recruit

Hi All!

I bought 2 A&K mags, they fit like a dream into my gen3 CTW Smile

73Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Swiffer

Swiffer
Corporal
Corporal

AWESOME! Do they feed like a dream to?

74Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:55 am

wittao

Recruit
Recruit

Swiffer wrote:AWESOME! Do they feed like a dream to?
Yes, very well!

75Best Mags. - Page 3 Empty Re: Best Mags. Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:21 am

Landy

Private
Private

@wittao Question where i can get A&K mag? Question

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum