Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am pissed with celcius/hotspot

+18
jzb7
boss
DOW_n3Co
Drewstang
dkorol2008
snakedoc
NJ_Shooter
roguesqd
wittao
nickeidorff
RayW
SPONGE
gycu
BLITZ
Zander
Iskra
Odin
blindmank13
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty New CTW does not work Fri May 06, 2011 2:00 am

snakedoc

Private
Private

Well, I just recieved my new Celcius M4A1. Plugged in a fresh fully charged battery and went outside to try her out and wow first 2 mags were great! Then the third mag... pulled the trigger and nothing! Checked the fuse and it's good and the blue light is on. I also checked the holes on the sector gear and their clear. I feel that this is going to be the start of a long headache. Already starting to regret this purchase.

102I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Fri May 06, 2011 3:43 am

belga

Recruit
Recruit

snakedoc wrote:Well, I just recieved my new Celcius M4A1. Plugged in a fresh fully charged battery and went outside to try her out and wow first 2 mags were great! Then the third mag... pulled the trigger and nothing! Checked the fuse and it's good and the blue light is on. I also checked the holes on the sector gear and their clear. I feel that this is going to be the start of a long headache. Already starting to regret this purchase.

Check motor wires

103I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Fri May 06, 2011 6:56 am

DOW_n3Co

Private
Private

yeah the CTW right now is a project...period...no one should expect the gun to perform perfect right out of the gate...it going to take some quality assurance and some motor upgrade to perform properly..

1) check the motor wires 1st
2) check to see if the motor is coated in a black carbon dust...if so then the brushes need to be replaced and the motor needs to be cleaned.
3) Turn the motor by hand then see if she works...if so...then...see 6 post back for explanation...

Send the motor to HSA to have claudio do the "tackleberry" upgrade and you will be golden...he charges $80.

104I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Fri May 06, 2011 3:36 pm

SPONGE

Corporal
Corporal

When i first got mine, the only problem was the motor, and HSA replaced the motor, along with the ecu and all the internals except the gears. I have only went to one Op so far, but i have had no issues.

105I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Fri May 06, 2011 3:38 pm

snakedoc

Private
Private

Thanks for tech advice! I removed the grip and what do you it started working just fine! The grip is too tight on the motor and binds the wires. I just need to see if I can create some "breathing room" for the motor and I think it will be good to go. The motor looks clean and functions perfect so far with the grip off so we'll see.

When this gun works it's amazing so I guess I'll just keep at it. Maybe there should be a new thread for fixing common problems and brainstorming? (if there isn't one already)

106I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Fri May 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Para

Corporal
Corporal

snakedoc wrote:Maybe there should be a new thread for fixing common problems and brainstorming? (if there isn't one already)

Well, that's a board admin job, to split threads that go awry, but it seems we're all alone in this sandbox Smile
I hope HotSpot will take it as advertising, being kept at the top of the forum, even if the title ain't a welcoming one Smile)

Most stuff here belongs to "CTW internals", but people can't be bothered to post in the right sub-forum.

http://www.gunsmith.ro

107I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Fri May 06, 2011 9:29 pm

DOW_n3Co

Private
Private

guys...we have another home for CTW users...

www.clubcelcius.com

Its new but we have admins and the support of Celcius and HotSpot.

Check it out and Para...I would like to talk to you about becoming an admin...if interested let me know!

108I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Sat May 07, 2011 7:14 pm

RayW

Recruit
Recruit

I was thinking about getting a CTW, but it seems like their newest batch has some serious issues. Has anyone been in contact with Celcius? Do they plan to fix it?

109I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Sat May 07, 2011 7:28 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

I contacted celicus, hotspot, and asiarsoft regarding missing pieces finicky ecu. All ignored my comments. So that would be a no. My lower is now at hotspot. There saying I messed stuff up. I don't believe that's the case but be that what it may. Still doesn't account to celcius not sending me a complete gun. I was missing hop up pieces (which I purchased and installed), motor pins ( still don't have) and the ecu still acts up and fires wierd all the time. My ctw also when brought home had grease or oil shooting from gearbox when trigger was pulled ( when upper was open). Yet I'm told I oil and lubed it all and made a crazy mess. Imo. I won't buy another ctw because celcius has poor quality control and poor customer service even to there distributors from what I've seen. If your looking to get a ptw but price is too high is why your looking at a ctw imo either save money or don't get it. I ordered my gun feb 8 received my gun apr 7 went to a game and it fired but had a horrid chrono ( because hopup chamber packing wasn't there) and horrid range, went to a game a week later was working pretty good I was happy three mags later stopped firing but ecu light was on. Gave to hotspot they say mosfet is blown and motors blown and that it was all my fault. They're pretty good at what they do but is what it is. Also bought a 450 cylinder and it broke after 32 shots. Your literally getting what your paying for. So be preparred if you get a ctw to may have to fix change upgrade parts. If my electronics give me any more issues there getting changed to ptw electronics. My ctw was my primary gun and is now just a backup whenever I get it as my ptw our ranges and performs my ctw and my ptw is a cqbr my ctws a full length m4. I tried giving celcius a chance to make do on there mess up but they failed. Supposbly even hotspot and asirsoft emailed them with my issue and nothing. With the way things are going with my ctw, its going to turn internally into a ptw if this keeps up. But odin, hasn't had a problem with his. So its really a hit or miss with celcius from what it seems and too many people lately have been missing.

110I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Sun May 08, 2011 9:52 am

DOW_n3Co

Private
Private

- Did you purchase your CTW brand new from a retailer - and if so who?
- Did you do anything to your CTW other than put the battery, cylinder and mag in when you 1st got it and shot it?

111I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Sun May 08, 2011 10:35 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

If your talking bout me then yes hotspot and yes.

112I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Thu May 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Hii guys i have been following this post from The beginning, i have seen that alot of people have had alot of problems with The new batches of The Gun.

Now some of you know that i Did broke My CTW, and The good news are that i recived à new Gun (Thank god for My insurence)

Now to My question when i was changing The stock cylinder to à stronger, i kind of tilted The upper reciver when i was grabbing The new cylinder and suddenly The innerbarrel and hopup Unit fell out of The outer barrel in to The empty cylinder compartment. Is this normal? When there is nothing inside The cylinder compartment? Is there s screw that is holding The Whole barrel in place Or is The cylinder The one that holds it in place?

Regards/Adrian

113I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Thu May 12, 2011 1:15 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

The hop up holds the inner barrel, the hopup stays in place by the charging handle. That's the case with my ptw. My ctw I actually have to pull on my hopup to get it all out. Mines very snug.

Insurance? Explain lol

114I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Thu May 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

I am not sure how to call/explain this kind of insurence, it's basically availabe for small stuff/things, like cell phones/ipads/CTW/laptops, if something would happend to lets say your laptop, you are sitting in The park writing à complain about your CTW Wink when you suddenly drop your coke on the laptop, The thing is that if you pay à fee of about 150$ The insurence company repairs the computer Or gets you à new one, so it's not like it's for free but still it costs alot less Then buying à new one, i am really sry, really à hard time to explain it to you, hope you understand,

Anyway back to The barrel, OK so it's normal to remove The hopup/innerbarrel in one piece, Without using any tools?

115I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Thu May 12, 2011 4:23 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Yea its normal on my ptw but doesn't do that on my ctw.

116I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Thu May 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Para

Corporal
Corporal

There are two pieces that won't allow your inner-barrel/hop-chamber to slide back.
First is the charging handle that's blocking the upper alignment nub that juts out of the hop-chamber (the lower alignment nub is the one with the hop-up screw).
Second is the cylinder unit itself.

If you used the charging handle to pull the cylinder out and left it hanging back, then there's nothing else to keep the inner barrel in its place.

117I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:05 am

odoo

Recruit
Recruit

How about downgrading, is there any lower FPS cylinder, around 250fps?

118I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 5 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Para

Corporal
Corporal

Lowest you can go without mods is by using a systema M90 spring.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum