Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am pissed with celcius/hotspot

+18
jzb7
boss
DOW_n3Co
Drewstang
dkorol2008
snakedoc
NJ_Shooter
roguesqd
wittao
nickeidorff
RayW
SPONGE
gycu
BLITZ
Zander
Iskra
Odin
blindmank13
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:34 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Tommorow I will be sending hotspot my lower to see what they can do. Hopefully under warranty or fixed by celcius. I must say claudio from hotspot as well as bruno have been quite helpful and in a phrase of words trying to ease the pain of this hickup that celcius produced. Hopefully this will come at no expense to myself. I feel at these issues were from celcius quality control and they should fix it and hopefully that will be the case but I will keep you all informed. I'm attempting to give celcius a chance but will see what happens. Within a few weeks I will be either getting a cqb ctw or a ptw challenge kit. All depends on celcius and what they let or what hotspot will do.

77I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:07 am

roguesqd

Private
Private

Hey Blind,

How many rounds did you put through your weapon before it started having issues?

I got mine last week and have put 3 mags (about 300+ rounds) through the weapon so far with no issues. I didn't have time to mess with it over the weekend though.

I went ahead and filled up all my mags (2 celcius, 2 PTW, and 3 vanaras) with bbs to settle the spring and i'll go out after work today and fire those off...that will be easily over another 800+ rounds.

Also, I have no wobble whatsoever (or gap) between my upper and lower receiver. I am using the 400 fps cylinder and the celcius 2400 battery. I'll let you know how it goes.

78I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:15 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Um if I can remember I fired 2 mags then it did the 3 round burst deal. Fired 5 more mags then hop up and cylinder blew. Then fired about 5 mags and now having it were its no longer working. Mines been real wierd and finicky

79I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:42 am

Odin

Major
Major

That sucks.. i think its like a 50/50 deal on CTW`s.. mine has no issues still after 8000 rounds+ trough it.. except i sometimes get issues when i use the Vanaras mags on full auto.

But another guy on my team,his failed after 1match.. most like the mosfet. mine and the 2 others are still working good. I think Celcius should really improve theyr quality control (Or maybe get some??).

80I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Forget it Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:47 am

dkorol2008

dkorol2008
Corporal
Corporal

Drewstang wrote:Great. I sent HSA my hopup 2 weeks ago hoping they could fix it. This does not make me feel so good.

Forget it, i am not buying this crap gun. Ill stick w/ a KWA. Too much risk here for the money

https://www.youtube.com/coolstuffreviews

81I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:28 am

Swiffer

Swiffer
Corporal
Corporal

Odin wrote:That sucks.. i think its like a 50/50 deal on CTW`s.. mine has no issues still after 8000 rounds+ trough it.. except i sometimes get issues when i use the Vanaras mags on full auto.

But another guy on my team,his failed after 1match.. most like the mosfet. mine and the 2 others are still working good. I think Celcius should really improve theyr quality control (Or maybe get some??).
Yeah! So far so good. Though I was not expecting all that because of the dirt cheap price of 600USD..lol

http://http:www.stf-airsoft.webs.com

82I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:34 am

roguesqd

Private
Private

Swif, how many rounds have you gone through?

83I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 pm

dkorol2008

dkorol2008
Corporal
Corporal

Swiffer wrote:
Odin wrote:That sucks.. i think its like a 50/50 deal on CTW`s.. mine has no issues still after 8000 rounds+ trough it.. except i sometimes get issues when i use the Vanaras mags on full auto.

Yeah! So far so good. Though I was not expecting all that because of the dirt cheap price of 600USD..lol

Sorry but 600.00 not including batts is not dirt cheap. It is cheap compared to PTW yes, but 600 is not cheap

https://www.youtube.com/coolstuffreviews

84I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:22 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Ok no lie. This sunday my ctw was for a short while working amazingly. And I had a ptw max owner next to me. We both shot around the same fps. My ctw was out performing his ptw in range accuracy and rof. So when the ctw works great and does work properly I feel it out performs the ptw in the areas that matter but yea the few ctws that are like lemons yea it sucks. I feel everyone that says 600 is a lot. I spent it I know. But if you get a good one you'll be more than happy. If celcius takes care of us that got these like lemons than there awesome. I'm looking at if I keep having issues with my lower I'm gonna basically make a systema lower with a ctw upper. Then that's an amazing gun. I persoanlly feel the ceclius gear box is better if not as good as systema. Celcius electronics are not so great I think systema better. Celcius cylinders are amazing minus the piston sleeves suck. The celcius provides better air flow, systemas are ok. The ctw barrel is way better. The systema bodies are better. So a hyrid ptw/ctw would rock. So that's kinda where I'm at with it. But this is my opinion I'm not trying to piss anyone off just stating from my expierience playing and repairing these weapons.

85I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Swiffer

Swiffer
Corporal
Corporal

roguesqd wrote:Swif, how many rounds have you gone through?
Lost count. But i recon it would be 6000rds+

dkorol2008 wrote:Sorry but 600.00 not including batts is not dirt cheap. It is cheap compared to PTW yes, but 600 is not cheap
Each his own I guess. Why would anyone compare it to anything other to a PTW.. (?)

The CTW is and will always be a PTW clone and it is no big suprise to me that you will eventualy get what you pay for if you are to cheap to get the real deal and even consider getting a CTW to save cash...FACT! I was not expecting a bang for buck straight out of the box BB gun supreme when I got my CTW, but in fact a supersaver upgradable do it yourself project platform. This may not be for everyone I agree, but then stick to something else and dont get a CTW..

If the CTW is a complete turn of for you and you are not even close to considering getting a CTW I realy dont get why you are on these forums despretly trying to make a statement..dude realy..

86I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:09 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

Straight out. Quality control at celcius isn't great right now. But a good ctw compared to a kwa. You will spend more than 600 to make a kwa perform on the same level as a ctw. Bolt stop feature doesn't come stoclk so you'd have to buy that, higher rof you'd have to get a different motor which then you'd strip gears over time. Also let's say 20 kwa and 20 ctw came in. 14 kwa will be flawless 6 will have faults. 10 ctws will be faulty and 10 will be fine. A few guys on my team have ptw/ctw most have regular aegs and already they've spent more upgrading there guns than I have spent on buying just my gun and fixing it. There even like yea even though your having problems once it works flawlessly its nasty good

87I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:55 pm

belga

Recruit
Recruit

I confirm for the quality control.

my el 001 was dead at reception and one stock cap was lost somewhere in the factory ....

88I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Iskra

Corporal
Corporal

Hii guys i am not sure if this is The right place to post, but i would like to get some suggestions, like some of you know after i used My new CTW in My First game i fell down à ridge about 3-4 meters and of course i fell on My CTW broke it in two pieces, and The result was à lose stock, inner and outer barrel is wobbling, hopup is about 1cm out of place The cylinder is Now missplaced and The sector gear is grinding in to The cylinder "Shell" and alot of more problems.

The only luck With this is that i Did have My Gun coverd buy My insurence Smile so Now to My question i have read alot on this forum, that The latest "batch" of Guns kind of lacks "quality" control, and people get alot of problems With The guns

SOO. Should i get à new CTW(arrives Next week from HK.) Or should i get "My" Gun repaired? Did put My Gun thru about 5000 bb's before The accident and it Did work flawlessly Exept for The "varanas" mags. Any suggestions?? What should i Do?

Regards/Iskra

89I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:18 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

I'd say if you could do both. Just in case one went down.

90I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Swiffer

Swiffer
Corporal
Corporal

Argh..thats some bad luck right there Iskra! I would have got one fixed and got my self another one too. But the CQB version maybe. Best of both worlds if you know what I meen..

91I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:13 am

roguesqd

Private
Private

I received my rifle in the same batch that Blindmank got his. So, I have only had it for a few weeks.

Just been shotting around outside the house, breaking in the mags, setting my sights, adjusting the hopup, etc. Gone through about 6 mags total without any issues using the 400fps cylinder. Going to put a couple more mags through tonight trying the G&G .25s BBs

I haven't played with it on the field yet, though, so no actual 'combat' experience with it yet. Won't be able to do that for a couple of weeks...will be out of town.

Also, I have been loading up the mags and letting them sit for a few days to break in the springs. The Vanaras mags that I have (3 of them) are an extremely tight fit in the weapon, but they seem to work fine.

92I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Sun May 01, 2011 10:59 pm

DOW_n3Co

Private
Private

BAM!!! CTW down again...I am 2 for 2...that is 2 days for 2 times the CTW has taken a dive...I have not been able to play an entire objective yet.

This time...after about 2 mags...she started the intermittent firing BS...3-4 shots then pull the trigger again and NADA...then it would work and then nada...over and over...brand new 11.1v Celcius 2400 battery fully charged...no carbon build up on the motor....everything else in great shape...just got her back from Hotspot and was suposedly working fine.

and Again...the 350 cylinder's Nozzle A snapped off Nozzle B...this time is stripped the inside of the HOP unit when it broke...this shouldnt happen 2 times within 4-5 mags even if it did Jam.

so back to the drawing board....

I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Ctw1

I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Ctw2

I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Ctw3

93I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Mon May 02, 2011 12:30 am

boss

Sargeant
Sargeant

n3co ....

Invoke the lemon law on this one and tell Claudio you want full credit towards an SCK.

94I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Mon May 02, 2011 7:09 am

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

That's exactly what mine did. Its at hotspot now. Well the lower is. Mine just won't fire. The ecu is working but won't turn over.

95I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Mon May 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Para

Corporal
Corporal

n3Co, that's plain ugly. I wonder what caused it... The only scenario I can think of is a misfeed, nozzle breaks the BB then a plastic hemisphere from it gets lodged in the chamber and deflects the nozzle to the edge that shows hammered in the pics.

blindman, have you tried rotating the spur gear with your thumb and trying the trigger at various points !? It may be the systema motor bug, same that happened to me a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.gunsmith.ro

96I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Mon May 02, 2011 5:28 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

I did both that and the motor hand spun. It would spin at times then wouldn't. But wouldn't keep firing. Hot spot has it now. No clue what's going on. They've had it a week and more now and still no info. I didn't change anything motor gear set or anything its a stock ctw with issues. Once I get it back hopefully it works, I'm just going to use it as my back up for now cause it hasn't been very reliable. Celcius needs better quality control and there customer service is horrible. I emailed them hotspot and asiarsof and hotspot well idk, asiarsoft talked but just said contact celcius or hotspot (understandable) but celcius not a damn thing. I def won't buy and celcius being there quality control and customer service suck. Its like a hit or miss to get a good one. Like odins has been ok mine and a few others got ones missing pieces and stop working etc. I just hope once I get it back the lower is now good or ill start replacing things in my lower with systema parts just to not have to deal with the celcius bs

97I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Mon May 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Para

Corporal
Corporal

blindmank13 wrote:It would spin at times then wouldn't. But wouldn't keep firing.

That's the bug I was talking about. Motor has 3 coils and 3 contact-pads for the brushes. All 3 coils are actually wound from the same piece of wire, and the contact-pads have a sticking piece of copper that's bent over the wire where the coil ends and a new coil starts. The wire has the brown enamel coating so it can be wound tight, and they count on the pressure acted upon the folded copper piece to break the coating and make good electric contact with the contact-pad. And I think it only barely scratches the enamel coat, then, over time, oxides build up and break the electric contact on one pad. So the motor only works if you either hand-spin it or you're lucky ho have it stop with brushes on the two "working" contact-pads.

Same happens to systema motors, so you're not entirely safe switching to one. No ideea about the JG clones, haven't had the opportunity to cross paths with one, sadly.

To solve the problem forever, you'd need just a soldering iron, besides the skill to dismantle the thing Smile I've used a Dremel with a metal wire brush to clean the enamel off the ends of the wires towards the contact-pads, but one can scratch them with a cutter blade as well. Same treatment for the folded piece of copper, then a glob of solder was added between the two, with liberal amounts of flux paste to insure good grip. It took me a couple of hours, because it was the first time I've dismantled this kind of motor, and with a replacement two weeks and a hundred dollars away, had to be extremely careful, but the next one I fix will be a 15 min. job Smile

All credit goes to Tackleberry, the Systema guru, but keep in mind that all his experience applies to the CTW, since it's an exact clone. All the bugs have been cloned in.

http://www.gunsmith.ro

98I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Mon May 02, 2011 6:42 pm

blindmank13

blindmank13
Major
Major

That's what hot spot was saying as well. I mean its now gonna be my back up anyways but I do want it working again. I've on ptws torn them down but never torn down the motor so that would be a new feet and I get ya that its prob the problem. I had a jg motor gave it to hotspot to play with. I wasn't very impressed by it at all

99I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Tue May 03, 2011 7:50 am

DOW_n3Co

Private
Private

I am going to give it one more go...

Claudio is sending me a new Hop Chamber and the Nozzle Set to repair. The intermittent firing issue is with the motor...which can easily be fixed.

So I will give it a go...since this hasnt really cost me anything but headache and time....I would like to see this thing out till the end...like I said...when she's working she is awesome...keeping her working for more then 6 mags is the issue.

100I am pissed with celcius/hotspot - Page 4 Empty Re: I am pissed with celcius/hotspot Thu May 05, 2011 11:39 pm

DOW_n3Co

Private
Private

ok update on CTW...

- Replaced Motor with backup Typhoon motor...seems to be running great after an hour straight of testing...sending original to Claudio for a "tackleberry" job.

- Replaced the Nozzle A & B in the 350 spring that broke again due to BB jam...

- Replaced the Hop Up Chamber and filed the Brass Ring a little to give the BB a little more room to clear the Hop Up...this new CHamber seems to be a little more "true" on it's mill.

Ran approx 3 mags through her with each Cylinder (350 & 400)...zero issues...no jams or motor hesitations...shoots incredible...crossing fingers...will continue to test her out with at least a couple thousand rounds before next practice...would be nice to get a full practice our of her! Twisted Evil

hopefully after these couple of nagging issues...the CTW might be worth something!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum