Celcius CTW forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Celcius CTW forum

forum for everything CTW

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got my ctw back yay! few questions!

+3
MrCK
Sunray
Joe90
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Tue May 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Right couple of qs here

Is there a mod that makes you have to press the bolt release when a fresh mag is inserted to re activate the weapon, like on the ptw etc.

Will an standard aeg gas block fit the ctw barrel?

2Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 4:35 am

Sunray

Major
Major

In simple terms, yes and no.

The gas block from standard AEG's normaly wont fit as they are slightly thinner than on the real steel versions, but you may get lucky.

The bolt catch - open the weapon, and you will see the bolt catch has a peice of rubber on the end which catches the lip at the back of the magazine - make this thicker + the spring behind the bolt catch itself (which you get too by pushing out the split pin holding the bolt catch in) - you have to replace with a Systema one.

Beware - if you mess it up I dont think you will get another 'freebie' repair out of S-T-T-S and if you short the ECU at the front of the gearbox its £100!!!

cheers

3Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 7:39 am

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Thanks sunray. Can i just point out also, my gun was sold to me in a right state, in no way did i cause any of the damage and im competent when it comes to building guns from nothing, people seem to think i ruined my ctw and begged for a free fix which is so far off the mark its un real. Thanks again for the info, so the added systema spring etc will make me have to push the bolt catch when a fresh mag is inserted?

4Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 10:54 am

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

haha Joe, I think you need to put in your sig: I didn't break it! I was sold a melon!

To be honest i'm not really worried about the bolt stop, I was pressing it every new mag anyway, but I dont think I actually needed too Razz

I'd imagine doing work like you are suggesting would void your warranty as well, not that you have one Joe, but for everyone else Smile

Also Joe, did they fit a new sun gear while they were sorting yours out?

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk

5Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 10:59 am

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Lol yeah should do! Not sure mate im awaiting a list from madwelshman but i doubt it. How come your modding on here now too, get me on the team ill help out Smile

6Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 11:07 am

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

Shhh don't tell Rampage Razz

Not much to moderate on here mate, due to the lack of members, but i'd imagine in the next few months this forum will start booming!

JDairsoft are a great bunch mate, ask Madwelshman if you'll be getting the sun gear or not?

I don't think the sun gear that is fitted is terrible to be honest, just not as good as STTS would like.

7Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 11:11 am

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Rampage is a bellend lol, and yeah im not fussed about the sun gear to be honest, just gpad shes back with me working etc, now to put some rails on her and make it my own. Still worried its gonna break though, time to prove these horror stories right or wrong i guess!

8Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 11:22 am

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

Haha, I didn't say it lol.

Yeah, I think what people don't realise is, any AEG requires a bit of TLC and some work put into it every now and again, CTW's are no different.

I personally loved taking my CTW out the other day, didn't perform as well as i'd expected, however im fixing that, and can't wait to go out again.

CK

9Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 11:55 am

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Mines hopping well etc and not underperforming, i just want to see how it lasts in the long run, OH and its shooting 420fps lol so ill be chopping the spring down before i skirmish it!

10Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 12:01 pm

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

Jesus, but yours was an Mx2 wasn't it. Mines a Team alpha, and is shooting at around 340-345 Smile

11Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

2011 mx2 yeah, i got it off some romanian bloke though so im guessing their laws are more relaxed than ours lol, easy job anyhow, its not like i got to strip a whole gearbox Wink

12Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 1:41 pm

MDodd

Private
Private

Joe 90

Get a blue spring if you can rather than chopping it (obviously you can , its just so easy to get a blue spring and you know it will be 330 -345)

13Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 1:44 pm

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

Mine is currently sat next to me, after ordering a storm grip from firesupport, and fitting a Perr Mike suppressor.

Almost finished Razz Needs a spray of krylon and a new stock now Very Happy

14Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Im going to paint mine too, the colour of the body is mank lol. Im going for the Mk18 desert look in the end. Slowly but surely as ive got too much other stuff to pay out on at the moment.

15Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

MDodd wrote:Joe 90

Get a blue spring if you can rather than chopping it (obviously you can , its just so easy to get a blue spring and you know it will be 330 -345)

Yeah i may just buy an m90, Has anybody purchased from ptwairsoft.com before? got some bits im after but i dont want them to be a shitty retailer, ta

16Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 1:56 pm

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

Dont order from ptwairsoft mate, the guys bad news. Takes money, then never sends items.

He doesn't take paypal, and i presume its because he is banned.

More info: http://www.systema-ptw.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8832&start=36

Edit: You'll notice from the last 2 posts, the guy is banned from the systema forums too.

17Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Good job you said that mate was gonna chuck a big order through soonish. Cheers lol, think ive heard of the guy before.

18Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 3:04 pm

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

Yeah, I ordered £20 worth of stuff off him before I read that thread, glad I didn't spend more now Smile

19Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Fubar61

Corporal
Corporal

I tried to order a spring but couldn't get as far as making a payment & when I emailed to ask why I never got a reply Neutral

20Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Fire support it is then i guess

21Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 3:44 pm

MrCK

MrCK
Admin
Admin

Yeah FS are the guys who can, even if they charge extortionate prices, they are good people Razz

22Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 3:52 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Yeah i dont mind em. Shame im skint for a few days though, i want my gun finished yesterday lol.....need a rail badly!

23Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 4:15 pm

MDodd

Private
Private

Dont JD have one in stock ? (If not I am sure STTS will and can get one to JD)

24Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Wed May 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Cant afford bugger all at the moment, need to sell before i buy Sad

25Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Empty Re: Got my ctw back yay! few questions! Fri May 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Joe90

Joe90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Just ordered a madbull troy trx rail, heres hoping it fits like ive read on here! cost me £109 so it best do lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum